GDT: 3/18/2021: Boston at Buffalo 7pm MSG-B/ESPN+ WGR A NEW ERA

Doohickie

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Hank's remembered as a laughingstock, but he's credited with being the co-inventor of the 3-4 defense (or at least the inventor of a variation of it). Sounds like he was in over his head as a head coach. He just died at the end of 2019 at age 85.

Great info!  Thanks, PA!

The original is apparently credited to Bud Wilkinson after WW II.  Hank was one of the first to make it work in the pros.  We Bills fans, unfortunately, can remember the No Name defence throttling teams for many seasons.  Joe Collier, another failed Bills head coach, also did a lot with early 3-4 defences about the same time.

Least penalized team takes 4 tonight.  If you struggle to score, you must stay out of the box.  

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I’ve never been more depressed about a team.  Will we lose 20 in a row? Quite possibly and that’s no exaggeration. 

I doubt that they win 6 more games

4 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

5 on 3.   Yes bad break.  The PK is weak the past 10 games

To say the least.  

Oh, yeah, sucks for Hutton that it was 5-3 that’s not his fault.  I thought you meant something happened on the goal itself that was bad luck.

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree.  They will go down as the worst team in Sabres History.  Worse than the tank teams.  Then you look at the players on the roster and wonder why?   

It is a mix bag of talented guys.  No leaders among them and too many with bad habits.

5 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Another lazy penalty in this game.  Not doing much to impress the new HC

They all know Granato is not here long term anyways. I highly doubt any of them are going to “skate through a wall” for him. Nothing will change until there is a REAL head coach in town. And even then...who knows? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

I think we have been say this for about 8 or 9 years now 

I recall the odd move of canning the majority of the scouting department.  That has had an effect for years on the team and its drafting.  

Just now, Billznut said:

They all know Granato is not here long term anyways. I highly doubt any of them are going to “skate through a wall” for him. Nothing will change until there is a REAL head coach in town. And even then...who knows? 

I did not mean Granato.  The new HC is out there watching like the rest of us.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.