GDT: 3/18/2021: Boston at Buffalo 7pm MSG-B/ESPN+ WGR A NEW ERA

Doohickie

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

Just got in from work. Is there a noticeable heartbeat ? Has Granato switched things up ?

Play is sloppy, like disorganized, but player energy and speed is up.

It's a response.  With no practice and no team meetings until game prep time, they just had no time to get on the same page and undo what Krueger did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Check out the records of Harvey Johnson (twice interim), Jim Ringo and Kay Stephenson 

My grandfather would say Harvey could not find his butt with both hands and a map.  He used saltier language but old Harvey  was awful  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

😪🤢🤮

They need at least a few practices under Granato and for Girardi to come out of quarantine until they can start to rinse the Ralph stank off these guys. I'll give it 4-5 games to see any change. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Check out the records of Harvey Johnson (twice interim), Jim Ringo and Kay Stephenson 

IMHO, Ringo and Stephenson did the best they could with teams whose morale was undermined by mercurial decisions by RCW Jr.  They may not have been good coaches, but they weren't that bad.

Addendum: I don't recall Harvey Johnson.  They were all successful co-ordinators, so at least their appointments in the circumstances made sense.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan

6 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Just got in from work. Is there a noticeable heartbeat ? Has Granato switched things up ?

He didn’t get a practice or a pre skate with the  Covid situation.  

Played ok until the last 10 of the second period.  At that point no offensive zone time, sloppy passes in the neutral zone,  bad breakouts in our zone, and the Bruins living in front of Hutton.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Slightly. 

They are even with the Bruins in hits, faceoffs, and blocked shots. The play has been more energetic and consistent so far. Still much to improve on. 

Down 3-1 and shots are 26-16 Bruins. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

IMHO, Ringo and Stephenson did the best they could with teams whose morale was undermined by mercurial decisions by RCW Jr.

That may be, actually they were very good assistant coaches that were lousy head coaches.  

• Like (+1) 1

Good job from PHam for noting the lack of attention to detail.  He says it goes back to DDB.

For those who point the finger at Jack et al., he had some grist for your argument: sloppy play in practises is tolerated.  We need to have guys who don't think that's acceptable.  But the coach needs to do it first because then those who don't accept the bad practises feel emboldened.

I recall that Nolan used to stop practises so often because guys were so far out of position in drills that it got on some nerves.  Were those players, coaches, GMTM's guys, the Pegulas, or who?

This drives me nuts.  My friends and I were harder on each other in a frozen back yard than these guys are.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.