GDT: 3/18/2021: Boston at Buffalo 7pm MSG-B/ESPN+ WGR A NEW ERA

Doohickie

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

I recall the odd move of canning the majority of the scouting department.  That has had an effect for years on the team and its drafting.  

The Sabres had the largest scouting department in the league from like 2013ish to 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billznut said:

They all know Granato is not here long term anyways. I highly doubt any of them are going to “skate through a wall” for him. Nothing will change until there is a REAL head coach in town. And even then...who knows? 

Nothing will change until the core players are flushed.  They kill coaches.  The players are “the culture” that we don’t like.  They made this culture.  Everyone on this team should be considered tradeable.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Curt said:

The Sabres had the largest scouting department in the league from like 2013ish to 2020.

2004 they purged the department and went to an all video scouting system.  Look at the years of 2005-2011 and the wasted drafts. 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Nothing will change until the core players are flushed.  They kill coaches.  The players are “the culture” that we don’t like.  They made this culture.  Everyone on this team should be considered tradeable.  

Everyone is trade-able but who want most of them?  Eakin, Okposo, Skinner, Hutton, Girgensons, JoJo and Miller, have zero trade value or less.  We’d have to pay someone to take Skinner or KO off our hands. 

At this point I want Risto, McCabe, Reinhart, Cozens, Dahlin and Mitts back and no one else.  I’m going to assume Lazar, Eakin, Girgensons, Skinner and probably KO will be back because there isn’t any market for them and Lazar is on a cheap deal.  

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

The old school way to shake this game off?  

Score a late 3rd period goal, then win a fight, then comeback strong the next game. 

I'll never understand something. If this had been a must-win game, the coach would have pulled the goalie when they held the puck in the Boston zone with a little over two minutes to go (and very likely well before that). You can score three goals in two minutes. The new coach threw in the towel. So this wasn't a must-win game? Why not? Hashtag losing culture.

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think Dahlin has looked more like himself tonight.

Meaning the “bad Dahlin”, or the “might be good someday” Dahlin?  

I saw nothing different with him, or anyone tonight. New coach and fans in the stands do not matter. 

Hockey Cures Cancer Night and they played like crap again.  

They are a disconnected group of babies. Look at the  Bills and contrast the difference.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.