GDT: 3/9/21 Sabres @ Flyers 7:00 pm ET MSG Krueger's last game?

Doohickie

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sorry, I was talking about what Adams tried to do.

If you're talking about what the Pegulas tried to do, this is bang on.

At this point, it’s hard to separate Adams from the Pegulas. With them giving Adams His Dream Job and with rumors of constant meddling it feels like a You will do what you are told situation. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

So even though we have no decent center on the team outside of Eichel(Lazar is okay as a 4C), all of a sudden Sam can play center?  Why hasn't this been tried for a period of time over the last two years Ralphie?

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

So in true ROR-JBot fashion, on 6/30 the owners give GM Sheevyn a "trade Eichwalker to LA by tonight" and our return is:

Jeff Carter -- veteran leader, Cup-winner, can play 1C - 1 year remaining

Jonathan Quick -- veteran goalie, Cup-winner, can totally handle top-goalie role - 2 years remaining

Arthur Kaliyev -- 2019 33rd overall

2021 lottery-protected 1st (2022)

Eichel for Cliff Pu, straight up. Pure hockey trade.

So in true ROR-JBot fashion, on 6/30 the owners give GM Sheevyn a "trade Eichwalker to LA by tonight" and our return is:

Jonathan Quick -- veteran goalie, Cup-winner, can totally handle top-goalie role - 2 years remaining

• Haha (+1) 1

So, you're saying Eichel for PU, then.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I wish we had a center or even good forward in Rochester just wasting away... preferably one that is from Finland. 

Aren't things kinda good right now in Roch? Is it worth destroying that for a wasted season here? I don't know.

8 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Always two seven Pu there are.

The other side of this was he chose to sign an eight year extension with a dysfunctional franchise, knowing there was an inherent risk that it would not get better. 

It’s a similar situation to the Sabres allowing Hasek to pick his new team and dictate what the return would be.

My Prediction is He gets moved this summer and Adams gets a baptism by fire on the return.

I don't know what ultimately will happen and your prediction is definitely possible.  It's a crummy situation no matter how you slice it.

After 50 years of fandom I got no answers where things are right now.  

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not really, people assume that we are either getting a good center back in the deal or will supplement the roster accordingly before playing again 

If people want to assume we'll "supplement the roster accordingly" when we literally haven't added a top 6 C in the offseason since ROR, be my guest lol

How on earth could anyone assume that. And we'd need, what, 2 now? Except 1 is a 1C?

It'll have to be in the deal or I'd personally panic 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

If people want to assume we'll "supplement the roster accordingly" when we literally haven't added a top 6 C in the offseasons since ROR, be my guest lol

How about anyone assume that 

It'll have to be in the deal or I'd personally panic 

The point I'm making is that ppl talking about Eichel trades are not thinking about going into the 2021-22 season with a center spine of Cozens and 4th liners, nobody thinks this will happen if an Eichel trade happens, and nobody wants it to happen, so today's game is not an indicator of our lineup should we trade eichel 

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The point I'm making is that ppl talking about Eichel trades are not thinking about going into the 2021-22 season with a center spine of Cozens and 4th liners, nobody thinks this will happen if an Eichel trade happens, and nobody wants it to happen, so today's game is not an indicator of our lineup should we trade eichel 

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility if they are cross enough to trade him. It's not a confidence inducing franchise, dude 

It's why I mentioned that for me personally we've gotta get centres in the deal. I know for a fact if we don't, and we are sitting at game 1 next year with no added top 6 C help after saying additions were necessary in the summer, there will be a strong argument on the "Adams must have tried his best to upgrade" side of things.

"We are in rebuild mode now without Jack. It's a new timeline. It's not worth parting with/overpaying future assets for a stop gap help this, lost, season"

There's no guarantee he'd be able to consummate a deal after the fact, so he has to be sure something of that nature is included, imo

Edited by Thorny

45 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Sadly, we're all in hockey purgatory with no end in sight.

Unthinkable that we've gone a decade without a sniff of the playoffs.  A f'ing decade in a league where half the teams make the playoffs.  I honestly may never see them in the playoffs again!!  Depressing

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility if they are cross enough to trade him. It's not a confidence inducing franchise, dude 

It's why I mentioned that for me personally we've gotta get centres in the deal. I know for a fact if we don't, and we are sitting at game 1 next year with no added top 6 C help after saying additions were necessary in the summer, there will be a strong argument on the "Adams must have tried his best to upgrade" side of things.

"We are in rebuild mode now without Jack. It's a new timeline. It's not worth parting with/overpaying future assets for a stop gap help this, lost, season"

There's no guarantee he'd be able to consummate a deal after the fact, so he has to be sure something of that nature is included, imo

You are going way too deep into this haha. 

"Everyone who has mentioned trading Eichel you are about to see what that looks like. "

All I'm saying is, no, we aren't, because everyone who mentions trading Eichel doesn't think that the 2021-22 team looks exactly the same as this one but sans Eichel. It would be a trade, not launching him to the moon and then refusing to do anything else all summer

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This always makes me nervous cause one of these years you just know the Sabres are going into a season penciling Sam into a top 6 C role without ever establishing it on the roster previously lol 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

You are going way too deep into this haha. 

"Everyone who has mentioned trading Eichel you are about to see what that looks like. "

All I'm saying is, no, we aren't, because everyone who mentions trading Eichel doesn't think that the 2021-22 team looks exactly the same as this one but sans Eichel. It would be a trade, not launching him to the moon and then refusing to do anything else all summer

Just making discussion good sir 

Anyways, maybe I'm included in "Everyone". 

Cause like I said, I can't rule out that happening.

We've seen worse. 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They nuked the entire hockey Ops department and brought in 

Adams GM with no front office experience, No AGMs, No expansion of the analytics department, a Director  of Scouting with two years experience as a scout, An Asst Director of Scouting who is also running the Analytics Department. A scouting department less than 10. 

Kept a HC, who is probably acting in the role of AGM, Two Asst Coaches from a team that kind of sucked last year.

Brought in Rieder and Eakin for the PK, which was successful in improving from 31st to 20th, but has brought about the worse line in the NHL, which for some reason doesn’t get broken up 

This all under an ownership group who knows more than the average fan 

Because all they needed was Taylor Hall. 

You saw the video. 

Edited by Thorny

At this point, it’s hard to separate Adams from the Pegulas. With them giving Adams His Dream Job and with rumors of constant meddling it feels like a You will do what you are told situation. 

This is the thing!  I get the feeling Ralph will *not* be fired tomorrow, even though that seems like a good time to do it, because the decision is not Adams' to make.  It has to come from Pegula, and Pegula likes Ralph and the idea of saving $$$ by retaining him at least through this season, and maybe even into next.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

All losses and no wins make Mustache of God go crazy

All losses and no wins make Mustache of God go crazy

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.