GDT: 3/9/21 Sabres @ Flyers 7:00 pm ET MSG Krueger's last game?

Doohickie

9 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

"The Dahlin film?"

"And so we see, at 3:26 of the 1st period, the Defenseman is clearly stancing for a hockey table pose. The netminder clearly looking to the center blue line. At 3:31 of the period, the 1st shot is taken, bouncing off Montours shin guard, he will later in the film be scene limping off to the bench. Now at 3:33 of the film, the shooter, clearly positioned behind the blue line knoll, fires a second shot, Dahlin the goes BACK and to the LEFT, BACK and to the LEFT as the puck flies by and in to the net. This was clearly the kill shot, and since the 1st shooter was above the face off dots in the center, the second shooter was the Defenseman following up, entering the kill zone from behind the blue line knoll. 3 rushing down, 2 shooters, and if there is more than 1, then by definition, you have a conspiracy to commit a hockey table pose."

🙂

Absolutely and it was painful to watch

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Yes...that would be nice...just wondering if Dahlin has Bryson's speed?  Steve Smith has demonstrated that he CAN'T coach with two different HC's and needs to be gone!

Dahlin will never have Bryson’s speed.  Rasmus is 6 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier.   I was encouraged by Dahlin’s physical presence last night. Banging some bodies. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

You just have to have decent goaltending. Since Ullmark has been gone we have lost every single game. We won games with him in net. 

You need decent functioning players at all positions. But I contend half the goals given up by the Sabres are the result of stupid mistakes in the defensive end. Cut those out and you don't need Dom Hasek to bail you out 20 times a game. Easier to play better defense than finding a HoF goalie.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

33 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's not enough imo. He still needs more work on the defensive side of his game. I don't want him to become another Montour and with his size he really needs a proper pairing to be truly effective. 

Maybe you’re right.  He was really hitting his stride in the AHL.  Just dominating. 

10 hours ago, inkman said:

I thought Dahlin would be 10 times the player Bryson is and there in lies the problem.  We thought he was going to be at HOF level from the get go.   As we’ve seen, our expectations needed to be tempered.  At this point, I’d be thrilled with Alexei Zhitnik level of play.  

He's become completely useless defensively.  On that Hayes goal, he did absolutely NOTHING to stop the pass or tie up the goal scorer.  Same thing on the Matt Martin goal.

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Maybe you’re right.  He was really hitting his stride in the AHL.  Just dominating. 

The thing for me is we have too many D men around him who all have really bad habits and I have very little faith in our coaches based on how they've developed Dahlin and Jokiharju.  He needs to be paired with a solid physical defender that he can learn from and grow with to be his best. 

We're not going to do it though. You can see it already. Since he's looking better than some he will be given too much ice time and not enough coaching. It's a vicious cycle this team is trapped in (at the moment). 

I'm pleasantly surprised by how good Bryson has looked.    His hockey IQ is fantastic, he's quick, and fast.     Needs to grow a few inches 🙂. 

Sadly, he could be a casualty of the expansion draft if he keeps playing well.   

Young, fast, puck moving defensemen are hard to find.

Edited by pi2000

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.