GDT: 3/9/21 Sabres @ Flyers 7:00 pm ET MSG Krueger's last game?

Doohickie

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

A better question is What does the organization need to do make sure it’s Franchise Center doesn’t want to leave in the next 5 years? 

Whether it's incompetence or bad luck or a combination doesn't change the results (poor even before Jack got here).

Jack has a tough question to answer and I hope he is honest to management, the fans and himself.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

A better question is What does the organization need to do make sure it’s Franchise Center doesn’t want to leave in the next 5 years? 

I think that played a big role in how they approached this year.

It didn’t help.

Edited by dudacek

Just now, Cheektorado said:

Whether it's incompetence or bad luck or a combination doesn't change the results (poor even before Jack got here).

Jack has a tough question to answer and I hope he is honest to management, the fans and himself.

The answer is not to remove the good players from the team so they can be successful elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Everyone who has mentioned trading Eichel you are about to see what that looks like. 

Note the lack of center depth. 

Yeah, but we haven't had any center depth since Jack's rookie season when he was still learning to play any NHL defense (ROR, Eichel, Larsson, Legwand). And Angry Larry didn't take over for Girgs at center until the second half of the season. So this is nothing new.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The answer is not to remove the good players from the team so they can be successful elsewhere. 

This. We kick the good players out and then ask why we suck. All the while giving playing time to the Sobotka, Eakin, Okposo crew. 

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I think it was the audience reaction when i put it on...

maxresdefault.jpg

Omg, what on earth is that?

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Philly is coming off a 3-1 loss to the Caps on Sunday.

They are also now 2 points out of a playoff spot with Pittsburgh sneaking into the Top 4.  

Let's hope they come out hungry and take care of business.

I can’t do this.  I'm cheering for a win.  I can’t root for Philly.  

RK can be relieved of his duties once we have the next guy lined up.  

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think that played a big role in how they approached this year.

It didn’t help.

They nuked the entire hockey Ops department and brought in 

Adams GM with no front office experience, No AGMs, No expansion of the analytics department, a Director  of Scouting with two years experience as a scout, An Asst Director of Scouting who is also running the Analytics Department. A scouting department less than 10. 

Kept a HC, who is probably acting in the role of AGM, Two Asst Coaches from a team that kind of sucked last year.

Brought in Rieder and Eakin for the PK, which was successful in improving from 31st to 20th, but has brought about the worse line in the NHL, which for some reason doesn’t get broken up 

This all under an ownership group who knows more than the average fan 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Of course it isn't.  But I can also have some empathy for him.  Six season (and how many more) without a playoff game!

I'd leave it to him to decide what kind of career he wants.  I hope he wants to stay but I will understand if he doesn't.

1 minute ago, Cheektorado said:

Of course it isn't.  But I can also have some empathy for him.  Six season (and how many more) without a playoff game!

I'd leave it to him to decide what kind of career he wants.  I hope he wants to stay but I will understand if he doesn't.

The other side of this was he chose to sign an eight year extension with a dysfunctional franchise, knowing there was an inherent risk that it would not get better. 

It’s a similar situation to the Sabres allowing Hasek to pick his new team and dictate what the return would be.

My Prediction is He gets moved this summer and Adams gets a baptism by fire on the return.

3 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

We will get to see how bad it will be if we trade Eichel away. 

Good, everybody needs a reality check.

Ideally we'd get back some value if we trade for Eichel but then I think of the ROR trade and choke on some vomit.

Anyways...

Sabres might score 9 tonight.

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Omg, what on earth is that?

That, is my house guests, here for evening last entertainment. What? They've all been tested within the past 72 hours and, as you can see, I'm under the state mandated max of 10 guests at one time. Of course, I protested the lack of masks, but they said it was hard to breathe in them laughing so much.

24 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I actually had the same thought.  In my mind, though, it was more like "our 1C (Reino) will be playing RW tonight"

24 minutes ago, Stads said:

Who is going to step in with Eichel out to make passes off the boards back to the point?

Reinhart is quite good at that....

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The other side of this was he chose to sign an eight year extension with a dysfunctional franchise, knowing there was an inherent risk that it would not get better. 

It’s a similar situation to the Sabres allowing Hasek to pick his new team and dictate what the return would be.

My Prediction is He gets moved this summer and Adams gets a baptism by fire on the return.

Since this is coming from you....this is a scary proposition.

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

So in true ROR-JBot fashion, on 6/30 the owners give GM Sheevyn a "trade Eichwalker to LA by tonight" and our return is:

Jeff Carter -- veteran leader, Cup-winner, can play 1C - 1 year remaining

Jonathan Quick -- veteran goalie, Cup-winner, can totally handle top-goalie role - 2 years remaining

Arthur Kaliyev -- 2019 33rd overall

2021 lottery-protected 1st (2022)

40 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They nuked the entire hockey Ops department and brought in 

Adams GM with no front office experience, No AGMs, No expansion of the analytics department, a Director  of Scouting with two years experience as a scout, An Asst Director of Scouting who is also running the Analytics Department. A scouting department less than 10. 

Kept a HC, who is probably acting in the role of AGM, Two Asst Coaches from a team that kind of sucked last year.

This all under an ownership group who knows more than the average fan 

Sorry, I was talking about what Adams tried to do.

If you're talking about what the Pegulas tried to do, this is bang on.

If this is krueger's final game tonight and I really hope it is the one of many things that will have annoyed me about his time with us was his preference to play veterans over our younger players. Drives me crazy. Hopefully when he's replaced whoever comes in gives them a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.