GDT: 3/9/21 Sabres @ Flyers 7:00 pm ET MSG Krueger's last game?

Doohickie

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This always makes me nervous cause one of these years you just know the Sabres are going into a season penciling Sam into a top 6 C role without ever establishing it on the roster previously lol

I'm on record as saying I don't think it is likely that the Sabres go into another season with Sam Reinhart pencilled into any role, ever again.

He's 15 months away from unrestricted free agency. Most players stuck on a perennial loser would be looking to play that card. Most GMs of a perennial loser would be looking to move the asset at its peak.

The failures of Hall and Dahlin may have created the budget for a Sam re-signing, but I don't see much that has created the desire.

Too bad. Easily my favourite Sabre of these lost-in-the-desert years. I suspect he will go on to a lot of success if he's moved to the right team.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm on record as saying I don't think it is likely that the Sabres go into another season with Sam Reinhart pencilled into any role, ever again.

He's 15 months away from unrestricted free agency. Most players on a perennial loser would be looking to play that card. Most GMs of a perennial loser would be looking to move the asset.

The failures of Hall and Dahlin may have created the budget for a Sam re-signing, but I don't see much that has created the desire.

Too bad. Easily my favourite Sabre of these lost-in-the-desert years. I suspect he will go on to a lot of success if he's moved to the right team.

I hate to agree.  If we don't start righting the ship soon, we will be back near the start of a rebuild.  We need a new, qualified, respected, and effective coach in the worst way.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He's 15 months away from unrestricted free agency. Most players stuck on a perennial loser would be looking to play that card. Most GMs of a perennial loser would be looking to move the asset at its peak.

Yep. Been asking for a while why he wouldn’t just go arb-arb-UFA. Botterill left him the opportunity and he probably takes it. He also stands out in our roster on ice by continually being a good soldier. He’s managed to not only maintain his own personal value surrounded by a dumpster fire - he’s increased it. 

Sabres undervalued his hockey IQ and his hockey IQ is going burn them in the end 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I hate to agree.  If we don't start righting the ship soon, we will be back near the start of a rebuild.  We need a new, qualified, respected, and effective coach in the worst way.

This is another good reason to bring one of the experienced coaching guys we talk about sooner rather than later. Just in case there is a glimmer of a turn around in the organization and any chance to keep some valuable assets like Reinhart

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Also, THAT’s a player the Sabres will get low-balled on, knowing he’s likely headed to UFA 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Imagine if the Sabres gain Hall and lose Reinhart. Urgh 

More perimeter skating. I guess Cozens would have to go stand in front of the net on the PP.

I'd love to see Reinhart in the playoffs. He hasn't been pushed yet since being in the NHL, but historically he's our only guy who goes after people when Eichel gets roughed up, and although he consistently scores 20 goals, he's also a streaky scorer. Get Reino going in the playoffs and he can be a hero. I think if a team were fired up and gritty, he'd definitely rise up and get grittier. He's also our best trade asset not named healthy-Eichel and the team is losing leverage on him.

If we have to trade him this summer, what are the odds we get a top 6 RW back? We’re so shallow at RW already. 

These trades are really going to have to return some SERIOUS  “now” talent if we make them 

Edited by Thorny

22 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

im guessing he stays till the trade deadline at which point Adams goes behind the bench and Ralph moves upstairs.

Listen, we've got to stop with the swims with the fishes, moves upstairs, apologizes to Vader stuff. 🍺   Just fire him and let him go enjoy life again.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

im guessing he stays till the trade deadline at which point Adams goes behind the bench and Ralph moves upstairs.

I don't see that happening at all.

I absolutely think there is a great chance Ralph remains for the season.  

In fact, I'm expecting it now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kruppstahl said:

I don't see that happening at all.

I absolutely think there is a great chance Ralph remains for the season.  

In fact, I'm expecting it now.

My unfortunate thought as well. Talk about depressing. I'd be shocked, albeit happy, if Ralph gets let go anytime soon.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

This is a nice thought but we are living in 'Pegula Bizarro World'...

Here is our reality: The Sabres lose. And Krueger is behind the bench for the next game.

Added bonus: We continue to hear him pitch for Mercedes-Benz of Buffalo. I don't know about you but nothing screams luxury automobile to me like Ralph Krueger.

That is all. 

🙈 🙉 🙊

image.png.93d69a6e519058abe4f1d3b5aa3e2296.png

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

This is hilarious.  The guy is as much poster a child for a used Pontiac as Ted Nolan is for a classic Mustang.

We are all talking about Bruce Boudreau coming to Buffalo lately.  

Ironically, when he was coaching the Caps, you couldn't escape his commercials for Mercedes Benz of Alexandria on local DC TV either.

I wonder how many HCs across the league are pitching for MBUSA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.