2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

45 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think the plan is to increase by close to 100%, not 10%.

37 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Other than by more than doubling ticket prices AND doubling concession/merch prices, how would that be possible?

19 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

What do you mean, "Other than"?

MJD, I think you're missing the math here.  If you "more than double" ticket prices and double concession/merch prices, you are over a 100% revenue increase.  

45 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think the plan is to increase by close to 100%, not 10%.

37 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Other than by more than doubling ticket prices AND doubling concession/merch prices, how would that be possible?

19 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

What do you mean, "Other than"?

MJD, I think you're missing the math here.  If you "more than double" ticket prices and double concession/merch prices, you are over a 100% revenue increase.  

51 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I think those prices will indeed come close to doubling.

There will also be PSLs for season tickets and club seats.

Perhaps most importantly, there will be many more club seats and luxury box seats.  Those will represent more than a 100% increase when compared with the non-club/box seats they replace.

33 minutes ago, Hank said:

I think the ROI for the fans is continuing to have a team, unlike St Louis, San Diego & Oakland. Anyone who doesn't believe the NFL wouldn't prefer the Bills in a larger market is delusional. Unlike Cleveland, if the Bills move Buffalo will never get another team. 

Yay us!  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I remember people quitting Bills fandom because they took Allen over Josh Rosen.

I had no trust in the Bills at that time to build a winner.  When the head coach came here talking about process, I just wanted him to shut up.  So, I fell for all of the "experts" who said that Josh was a raw project who couldn't make it in the NFL.  I've never been so happy to not know what the hell I'm talking about.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yes you do:  Double all prices.  The Bills are just coming into their own as a top team.  You don't think the market will bear it? 

Double the average ticket price...and then Buffalo has the highest average price in the entire league.  Double concession prices, and then Buffalo has the highest average concession price in the league.  No, I do not think this market can bear having the highest average ticket price AND the average highest concession price. Not even close.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Couldn’t agree more. Especially since 73% of the financing will probably come from NYS/Erie at the tune of over a billion dollars 

Me, too.  I love the Bills and would be devastated if they left, but I've always loved our community more.  I'd love to see those taxpayer dollars spent building our entire area and not just one asset.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Double the average ticket price...and then Buffalo has the highest average price in the entire league.  Double concession prices, and then Buffalo has the highest average concession price in the league.  No, I do not think this market can bear having the highest average ticket price AND the average highest concession price. Not even close.

The Pegulas will strike while the iron is hot. They should have a decade of playoff contention will the golden boy Josh.   They can get away with it as long as they keep winning.  I suspect they’ll let the market catch up to them.  As far as concessions, if I ever go to another game, which is in serious doubt give my personal situation, I’ll slug back enough booze and food to get me through the game with only a beer or two to consume. I probably won’t go unless I get free tickets and a ride from Rochester. 

17 hours ago, inkman said:

The Pegulas will strike while the iron is hot. They should have a decade of playoff contention will the golden boy Josh.   They can get away with it as long as they keep winning.  I suspect they’ll let the market catch up to them.  As far as concessions, if I ever go to another game, which is in serious doubt give my personal situation, I’ll slug back enough booze and food to get me through the game with only a beer or two to consume. I probably won’t go unless I get free tickets and a ride from Rochester. 

I doubt you'd be alone. My economics 101 class taught me doubling the price will not double revenue unless the demand is inelastic. The demand for beer and nachos at a Bills game is fairly elastic, people we either pregame more or just skip that second (or fourth through eighth) beer; your revenue ends up roughly in the same place or some moderate gain. Ticket demand, being a constrained resource, are probably inelastic; as long as the Bills are good people will sell the place out.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I find Oliver more and more annoying. He acts like this in games too and he takes dumb penalties for late hits. 

Of all the d-linemen that they rotate through the lineup, Oliver arguably has the greatest ability to disrupt a play. That's all I care about. And he had a very good game against the Falcons.

My sense is that he does lead the team in 15-yard penalties, though.

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

What is he talking about?

I ***** hate Twitter. I should just delete it.

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Any idea what he’s talking about?

He had a solid game against the Falcons.  We drafted him to be much more than he's shown thus far.  If he strings a few of these games along, then the accolades will follow.

On 1/4/2022 at 9:54 PM, mjd1001 said:

What does a beer cost at a Bills game now?  $11?  Double that and you get to a $22 beer.

Last I checked a hot dog was $7....double it and you get to $14.

And remember, concessions and merchandise is more than gate/ticket receipts for revenue per game. If you DON'T double concession prices...that means ticket prices will have to do a LOT more than double if you want to double total revenue.  I do not see a path for the Bills to double Revenue out of a new stadium vs the current one.

that better be a 1 liter cup 😂

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

that better be a 1 liter cup 😂

It might not be.  Alcohol prices at North American sports venues are ridiculous.  I paid $32 for two 16-oz beers (and not microbrews, either) at PNC Park (baseball stadium in Pittsburgh) last May.  My friend and I went back for Jack-and-Cokes and that was nearly 50.  The three tickets that his wife bought for us were about the same amount of the total.  These venues make their money on food and drink, not on tickets.

In 2011--I think?  I bought one, ONE beer in Toronto at a Sabres game there.  $16 (probably $14-15 American at the time) for a regular 12oz (335ml) beer.

I have not bought a beer at a Bills game in ages, but I'd bet it's over $10 for just a "regular," i.e. Bud Light or something, 12oz can.

Oh--and a beer at Citi Field, another baseball stadium where the NY Mets play, set me back about 15.  2018 I think for that one.

Edited by Eleven

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It might not be.  Alcohol prices at North American sports venues are ridiculous.  I paid $32 for two 16-oz beers (and not microbrews, either) at PNC Park (baseball stadium in Pittsburgh) last May.  My friend and I went back for Jack-and-Cokes and that was nearly 50.  The three tickets that his wife bought for us were about the same amount.

In 2011--I think?  I bought one, ONE beer in Toronto at a Sabres game there.  $16 (probably $14-15 American at the time) for a regular 12oz (335ml) beer.

I have not bought a beer at a Bills game in ages, but I'd bet it's over $10 for just a "regular," i.e. Bud Light or something, 12oz can.

Oh--and a beer at Citi Field, another baseball stadium where the NY Mets play, set me back about 15.  2018 I think for that one.

***** man, I would drink so much before the game 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.