2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Jeering the punter? Classy.

It doesn't help that he has a bunch of drunk creeps booing him. I wonder if the Pegulas would sit in that crowd with their kids.

I don't hear Allen getting booed. It's not a smart crowd that boos the punter.

You’re surprised/upset about booing the punter who shanked 3 punts out of about 50 touches?

This is the same fan base ready to punt Rasmus Dahlin for shanking three blueline plays out about 500 touches.

• Thanks (+1) 1

At one point this season I wondered if a home playoff game is actually preferable given the weather we've had in Buffalo this fall. Josh is so much worse in bad weather than good. 

But then I remember to watch the opponent's qb in the same bad weather. And notice that the bills are 23-10 at home with allen, 18-14 on the road, in a league where home teams are only .500 the last few seasons. And that his passer rating relative to his opponent is notably better at home than on the road. 

Allen is one of the best passers in weather, and with his run game, maybe the best qb in weather. Cant wait for this packed house home playoff game. Last year was great, but next week is what bills fans dreamt of the last 25 years.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You’re surprised/upset about booing the punter who shanked 3 punts out of about 50 touches?

This is the same fan base ready to punt Rasmus Dahlin for shanking three blueline plays out about 500 touches.

I understand the booing because every play in football is agonizing and important, but I do wish that it was easier  for us fans to ride the emotional wave of pro football. Games ebb and flow, and this bills team is a good one that is learning to handle the waves of momentum better every week. I don't think anyone deserved to be booed today. This was a December football game that the bills dominated 

Other good football teams looked much worse against bad opponents today

Edited by Randall Flagg

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

At one point this season I wondered if a home playoff game is actually preferable given the weather we've had in Buffalo this fall. Josh is so much worse in bad weather than good. 

But then I remember to watch the opponent's qb in the same bad weather. And notice that the bills are 23-10 at home with allen, 18-14 on the road, in a league where home teams are only .500 the last few seasons. And that his passer rating relative to his opponent is notably better at home than on the road. 

Allen is one of the best passers in weather, and with his run game, maybe the best qb in weather. Cant wait for this packed house home playoff game. Last year was great, but next week is what bills fans dreamt of the last 25 years.

And, granted, they ended w/ a couple of bad teams, but the run D has actually been good against them.  IF Harry & Oliver have figured it out, home field SHOULD favor the Bills.  Because, yeah, Josh has been bad against the wind, but it's likely the opponent's QB will be bad in both directions.  Shut down the run & they've a good chance they're still playing 2 weeks from now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I understand the booing because every play in football is agonizing and important, but I do wish that it was easier  for us fans to ride the emotional wave of pro football. Games ebb and flow, and this bills team is a good one that is learning to handle the waves of momentum better every week. I don't think anyone deserved to be booed today. This was a December football game that the bills dominated 

Other good football teams looked much worse against bad opponents today

And, it's GOOD Haach actually punted this week.  If he'd gone 3 weeks w/out punting into that wind for next week's game when he WILL have to punt, that might even been devastating to their chances of winning.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And, granted, they ended w/ a couple of bad teams, but the run D has actually been good against them.  IF Harry & Oliver have figured it out, home field SHOULD favor the Bills.  Because, yeah, Josh has been bad against the wind, but it's likely the opponent's QB will be bad in both directions.  Shut down the run & they've a good chance they're still playing 2 weeks from now.

I'm wondering if the wind was worse than it looked, because the bills had 3 points in 2 quarters into the wind, right? Then 24 with the wind. I'd like to see Allen's splits quarters 1 and 4 vs 2 and 3. Could have contributed contributed the seemingly wonky play calling as well 

Also Oliver was possessed today and has had a very good year 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You can’t have it both ways and say Josh’s good numbers are irrelevant if he doesn’t make the big plays when it counts to win, and then say the big plays to win don’t count when he doesn’t have the numbers.

For the record, I thought Josh did a bad job throwing the ball today, probably his worst performance of the season. 

Well, I haven’t said any of that.

What I do think is that JA hasn’t had nearly as good a season as he had last year (despite numerous thrilling moments, especially in the 4th quarter vs NE a couple of weeks ago, and him being a good guy generally and easy to root for) that the team is built around him, and, most importantly, that they cannot beat a good team in the playoffs unless he has a very good to great game.  If he plays a playoff game like he played today, or against Jacksonville, or Indy, or almost any of their losses this year — they’re done.  

16 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm wondering if the wind was worse than it looked, because the bills had 3 points in 2 quarters into the wind, right? Then 24 with the wind. I'd like to see Allen's splits quarters 1 and 4 vs 2 and 3. Could have contributed contributed the seemingly wonky play calling as well 

Also Oliver was possessed today and has had a very good year 

Pretty sure the wind was a major factor.  Towards the end of the 3rd Q, Kevin Harlan couldn't stop gushing about "how could this be the 32nd ranked defense."  As soon as Josh got the wind again, the irresistible object force was back.  4 drives w/ the wind: 3TD's & 1 FG and it wasn't 4 TD's only because Diggs got more concerned w/ the goalline than the sideline.  And Trubitsky had them moving too had they actually needed to do anything other than run out the clock.

And if the wind is as bad next week as it was this week & on Monday night, don't be surprised to see the team losing the toss ending up w/ the 1st possession of both halves as having the wind in the 4th will be critically important.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Raiders/Chargers implications?  Would we rather play the Patriots or Chargers?

The only AFC team that I didn't think we could beat in the playoffs was the Colts.  Now that they're out, it really makes no difference who we play.  If we play lights out on both sides of the ball, we can beat the Chargers or Patriots.  It's our offensive inconsistency that worries me, though.

Without really having too much of a dawg in this game, it strikes me that the Chargers are getting boned by the officials.  Take, for instance, the PI penalty that led to the second Raiders TD- 1.  The ball was uncatchable (landed 20 yards form the receiver); 2.  The cover guy had his hand on the receiver's back and the receiver looked like he was shot by a sniper.  If anything I call unsportsmanlike on the receiver (which I know they don't do in the NFL but geez).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I wonder how the refs-conspiracy believers feel about McKenzie stepping out of bounds on that critical 3rd down completion? 

@SwampD

Not sure what play you are talking about.

I think TV does a terrible job showing just how bad the weather effected the game. Haack was somewhat vindicated when their punter did the exact same thing kicking into the wind.

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not sure what play you are talking about.

I think TV does a terrible job showing just how bad the weather effected the game. Haack was somewhat vindicated when their punter did the exact same thing kicking into the wind.

McKenzie only had 1 catch -- it was a critical 3rd down late in the game when the Bills were clinging to a 13-10 lead.  JA scrambled and then got it to McKenzie for the first down in the red zone.  The replay sure made it look like he stepped out of bounds.

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

McKenzie only had 1 catch -- it was a critical 3rd down late in the game when the Bills were clinging to a 13-10 lead.  JA scrambled and then got it to McKenzie for the first down in the red zone.  The replay sure made it look like he stepped out of bounds.

Are you referring to the play where McKenzie was engaged with the defender at the sideline near Diggs & then came back across towards the middle if the field & caught the ball? 

If so, pretty sure if he did go out of bounds it was considered to be due to the defender pushing him out & he CAN subsequently get both feet in bounds and be "reestablished" in bounds.  So the catch would've been legal.  If that's in fact the case, there was no "receiving the benefit of the doubt" involved in that play.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.