2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

• spndnchz pinned and unpinned this topic
17 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

If he keeps this up Allen will go down as the best QB in Bills history.

There, I've said it.

he has a ways to go to catch up with big jim...But its possible .He needs to work on the mental aspect.

Kelly would be 11-4 with this same group of players.

People get so up and down re Josh for a good reason. He does lots of spectacular things and lots of things that required

better judgment.

1 minute ago, calti said:

he has a ways to go to catch up with big jim...But its possible .He needs to work on the mental aspect.

People get so up and down re Josh for a good reason. He does lots of spectacular things and lots of things that required

better judgment.

He's a superbowl away from Kelly. 

8 minutes ago, calti said:

better judgment.

Allen has quite a bit more natural talent than Jim Kelly ever had.

It's not a 1 man game, but in theory, Allen should be poised to utterly shatter all of Jim Kelly's records as a Bills QB.

The game has moved on so much in the last 30 years!

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

It's not a 1 man game, but in theory, Allen should be poised to utterly shatter all of Jim Kelly's records as a Bills QB.

And many QBs have more 'natural talent' than Tom Brady. But none of them exc Joe Montana was as a good as him. QBing is at least 50% mental.

Brady has been at it for 20+ of those 30 years. Not much has changed there.  Records as a QB dont necc mean that much.Guys like Romo and Rivers passed for tons of yards.--And they would have been dumped by Bill Belicek or Bill walsh very quickly.

4 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

When his ability to run the ball is added in, yes, he does.  But purely on their arms, they're very close.  Especially if we look at Kelly pre-shoulder injury in the Pro Bowl.  Though he was still extremely good, he was never really quite the same after that.  

22 minutes ago, calti said:

better judgment.

Not taking anything away from Kelly, but he had a much better supporting cast and the D was better than today's team.

I don't think Kelly would have this team at 11 - 4.

50 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Not taking anything away from Kelly, but he had a much better supporting cast and the D was better than today's team.

I don't think Kelly would have this team at 11 - 4.

...hmmm..ok 10-5 and thats my final offer.  I think Kelly had the better team slightly. But the WR core today is better than what Kelly had.

the DBs..i would give todays team the edge. LBs--90s team. DL---surprising close. Bruce the god gives 90s the edge. But Bruce didnt have a lot to work with on that D line. O line---90s clearly better.

Kelly revolutionized the game with the K Gun and his own play calling.

At this point to say Josh is better is jumping waaayy ahead of reality.(i know you didnt imply that)

Edited by calti

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Josh is better than Jimbo. 

I think anyone who says different is confusing team success with individual ability.

How can you strip out team success?

Only if we live in a world where "there wasn't enough around" Jack Eichel, I suppose.

30 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I like the fact that JA immediately embraced the team/town (AFAIK).  It took JK awhile to come around.

Took awhile?

At first he rejected it completely and went to the USFL instead.

Once he had no choice but to come to Buffalo he soon realized that he had been a fool and loved every second of it.  Well, maybe not the *Bickering Bills* of 1988.  Cost them a chance to be humiliated in the SB.

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ...
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.