2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

On 7/8/2021 at 10:12 AM, LTS said:

I find it entertaining that his range of rankings is..

1 to not ranked.

I guess there's a variety of opinions on him.

I mean it’s a top ten so it’s not like this is indicative of an opinion holding him much lower than ten. He ranked higher than all other linebackers in the league except for seven.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:12 PM, Hoss said:

I mean it’s a top ten so it’s not like this is indicative of an opinion holding him much lower than ten. He ranked higher than all other linebackers in the league except for seven.

Ahh, I didn't think of it that way.  Derp.

Josh Allen was ranked the fifth best QB in the NFL by executives surveyed by ESPN. https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31800661/ranking-nfl-top-10-quarterbacks-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson were ahead of him (in that order).

5. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 9

Allen wasn't much of a consideration for the top 10 rankings a year ago. Now, the majority of voters have him in their top five after a massive third season in Buffalo.

"The growth was pretty impressive," said an NFL offensive coach. "There were times when he was so in command of the offense, and when he's on top of his protections pre-snap, he's incredibly tough to beat."

Allen ranked third in the NFL in QBR (81.7) after a pedestrian 49.5 over his first two seasons, which was 27th out of 35 qualified quarterbacks. His 37 touchdown passes surpassed his previous two-year total (30).

Evaluators point to his four-touchdown performance on Monday Night Football against the 49ers and his 324 yards in the playoffs vs. the Colts as growth examples. Indy's zone defense made him escape the pocket and throw from the near-sideline, and he handled it all game.

"His biggest weakness is also what makes him so good -- his competitiveness, and wanting to make the best play," an AFC scout said. "He'll hold onto the ball a little too long or bail on the pocket too early. He often gets away with that because he's so strong and can break tackles, but against good defenses, he might press, and it gets him into trouble."

Dion Dawkins just misses the top ten ranking by NFL executives ESPN put out. https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31789857/ranking-nfl-top-10-offensive-tackles-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

Offensive tackles also receiving votes

Dion Dawkins, Buffalo Bills: "He's closer to elite than you'd think. He looks like he has a mediocre body, but you'll finish the game and realize he had his way in pass protection." -- AFC scout

Tre White came in at number five on their cornerback rankings: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31771608/ranking-nfl-top-10-cornerbacks-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

5. Tre'Davious White, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 2 | Lowest ranking: 9

White is a coach's dream. He's so smooth in his fundamentals that ESPN NFL analyst and friend of the Top 10 Matt Bowen calls White the Tim Duncan of the NFL.

With 15 picks and 54 pass deflections since entering the league in 2017, White is a top-five fixture.

"Not a blazer, but very quick," an NFC coordinator said. "Instinctive, great footwork, has the ball skills you want, breaks on the ball well."

White can play man or zone equally as effective. One NFC coach pointed out that Buffalo is a team of overachievers in some ways, and White embodies that -- not a Ramsey-type athlete but can be as good as anyone with smarts and staying under control.

Somehow not only did neither Bills safety make their way into the top ten of NFL executives who voted ... they weren't even in the honorable mentions. https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31776559/ranking-nfl-top-10-safeties-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

Edited by Hoss

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But wasn't that essentially the same scenario they were working with last season (minus the vaccinations part)?

Would expect they'll find a way to reschedule any games that get postponed just like last year.

I think the key here is, they won't try as hard to reschedule games, and they won't utilize that new week 18 in doing so.

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But wasn't that essentially the same scenario they were working with last season (minus the vaccinations part)?

Would expect they'll find a way to reschedule any games that get postponed just like last year.

Minus the vaccination part is huge. That memo from the NFL has made it clear that the league will not accommodate teams with outbreaks, it will not re-schedule games, it will assign a "loss" to a team with a COVID forfeit, and may levy fines against that team for lost revenues because of the cancelation.

Hopefully that sort of penalty scheme will influence any "logic and stats guys" out there who are still on the fence.

• Thanks (+1) 1

A few more NFL players coming out as massive idiots I mean anti vaxxers including Cardinals DeAndre Hopkins and Patriots Matt Judon. Stefon Diggs and Tyrel Dodson made some subtweets that could be interpreted as shots at their anti vaxx teammates.

58 minutes ago, Hoss said:

A few more NFL players coming out as massive idiots I mean anti vaxxers including Cardinals DeAndre Hopkins and Patriots Matt Judon. Stefon Diggs and Tyrel Dodson made some subtweets that could be interpreted as shots at their anti vaxx teammates.

Let's not absolve Cole Beasley of being an idiot, while we're at it.

Edited by Eleven

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He came out as such long ago along with Poyer so I didn’t include them there. A handful of players have gone at the NFLPA and I think this is a pretty solid way to look at that:

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Beasley has company on the Bills. They wouldn’t let this be posted on TSW at TBD so I thought I’d post it here. I think it’s important for people to know how F ing stupid some players are and how dangerous their mis-information can be. Shameful.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Beasley has company on the Bills. They wouldn’t let this be posted on TSW at TBD so I thought I’d post it here. I think it’s important for people to know how F ing stupid some players are and how dangerous their mis-information can be. Shameful.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous.  If it was made in a lab, it wasn't made in an American lab, and I'm not sure what he means about Fauci "also a part of Pfizer."  That's not the only vaccine available in America, and I would bet that most people with any type of retirement plan own "a part of Pfizer" if that's what Feliciano means.  He can either be a good teammate or get lost, right there with Cole.  Both are replaceable (Feliciano less so).  Allen is the one I'm really worried about.

Edited by Eleven

On 7/23/2021 at 1:16 PM, inkman said:

Just cut him already.  Sanders and McKenzie can fill his role.  

Beasley’s 2020 production would not be readily replaceable. I regret that’s the case, given how he’s behaving, but them’s facts. 

I’m also cognizant that even 2021 Beasley may not replicate what he did last season. Dude had a helluva year.

• Like (+1) 1

If you were a professional athlete, relying on your body to produce on the field for income, would stick a drug into your system that is not approved and in global test trials without history of what damage it could cause you and your ability to make a living?  If you had a racing car in a race would you put an unproven oil in the engine?

1 minute ago, MISabresFan said:

If you were a professional athlete, relying on your body to produce on the field for income, would stick a drug into your system that is not approved and in global test trials without history of what damage it could cause you and your ability to make a living?  If you had a racing car in a race would you put an unproven oil in the engine?

It's approved, it's in global test trials. If I had a racing car I would make sure to have seat belts and air bags.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MISabresFan said:

These athletes are putting all kinds of ***** in their body that the FDA probably loses sleep over.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.