GDT: They’re Bad, Islanders at Sabres 2/15/21, 7PM MSG, NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

I remain in full shock and awe mode at just how bad this team is, how nothing has truly changed year in year out save a bad contract or 2, how there never appears to be any forward progress. I am tired of the excuses. 0 shots on goal in the 3rd, down 3 to 1, with Eichel, Reinhart, Hall, Skinner, and others on this team quite capable of at least putting pucks on net.

It is more than apparent coaching is a major issue. It is also more than apparent a couple of these guys need to be moved asap. Starting with Staal, and Hall can go to. There are others, but those 2 are moveable as FA's. As for the Sabres regulars, honestly, everyone of them should be considered moveable. Just pathetic. I have never seen the team this bad for such a sustained period of time. It's been years, years of misery here.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eman said:

Krueger is not the coach that will turn this around. I would really respect Terry if he went out and managed to get Gallant now. I know it looks crazy having changed so many coaches, but at least it would look like he actually gave a ####! And then maybe there would be accountability on the ice and if you you get soft around Gallant, you're out of here. The effort after the start of the first is just pathetic and one we have seen season after season after season. Franchise is a joke.

Gallant wouldn't be a suck up toady PSE yes man so there's zero chance that ever happens.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

How does our team not change no matter what they do personnel wise? 

How did Skinner and now Hall seemingly turn into pumpkins?

Even Eichel just looks off.

At least Dahlin looked pretty good and so did Borgen.

This team is so poorly coached it's insane.  They need to hire a dinosaur coach for a couple of seasons to right the ship. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Who the heck is honestly surprised at a loss?

Surprised at the effort level, sure. 

The loss ... not surprised.

Not surprised at all at the loss.  The effort was not there.  Not in the 3rd especially.  Yes, the 15 day rest hurt them, no practice, missing players.  Tomorrow it will be “not in shape for a back to back”.  By the time they win one again they might be out of any playoff chance.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Gallant wouldn't be a suck up toady PSE yes man so there's zero chance that ever happens.

I know. The last coach here that was modestly decent ( and I didn't really care for him) was Bylsma. I would seriously take Babcock as well right now. Time to get a little "old school" around here as all these unproven or "modern thinkers" aren't getting this franchise anywhere. But you're right, not sure Gallant would want the gig, even if offered.

3 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Eman is giving out free 👍🏻, get your posts in now

Because everyone here is voicing their overwhelming frustration and I totally get it. There are no rose coloured glasses for this season yet again. Not until we finally land a decent coach.

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I'd staple jacks butt firmly on the bench if he wants to keep up that effort and body language.

Agree. And there was a story out that he was ready to play and wanting to get going.  

He just might mail it in all season long and then beg for a trade.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

Agree. And there was a story out that he was ready to play and wanting to get going.  

He just might mail it in all season long and then beg for a trade.  

***** him if he begs for a trade. Let him be a loser his entire career. It's what the franchise deserves. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.