GDT: They’re Bad, Islanders at Sabres 2/15/21, 7PM MSG, NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

It's like they don't really care at all if they lose.   

Can you imagine the boos reigning down on them after a 0 shot 3rd last night.   Probably a blessing there are no fans in the building or it woulda been another ugly scene.

I think this definitely plays into it. With a lack of leadership and a, shall we say, familiarity with losing, these guys lack the pride in the jersey they need to rally and play hard. It's looking like many of them have already decided this team has no chance this year and look like they've checked out, either for good (wanting out) or at least for this season. The only guys trying are the really young and the fringe guys who need jobs somewhere next year. If fans were booing them they might at least be embarrassed into a tiny bit of effort. maybe. 

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

To say they were "clearly not in the game at all" seems almost as silly as Thompson using standard player speak of 'we just have to stick with what we're doing, it'll all work.'

If Olofsson buries his chance on the rush, the Sabres are up 1-0 late in the 1st w/ a very good chance of coming out of that period w/ the lead.  That isn't 'not in the game at all territory' but they needed to get the equalizer in the 2nd rather than have Davidson take a bad penalty puttingbthe game essentially out of reach just after that.

The 3rd period was embarrassing, but until Reinhart got knocked on his butt backchecking the score was even & until Dahlin made a youth hockey pivot allowing Ullmark to make an even worse play they were very much in the game.

Minor quibble.  Olofsson was robbed at 5v5 not 9n the PP.

And they did continue to battle after that soft goal to go down 2-0.  The hope wasn't lost until the 6th ranked PP never bothered to shoot at the end of the 2nd & then never even got the chance to pass up a good shot at the start of the 3rd.  THAT was what broke their spirit.

Would come back tonight w/ Ullmark.  They can't risk having the skaters have a bounce back performance to only have it go for naught due to Hutton specials.

You watched the same game as me and you're seriously suggesting we were in this game and just a shot or two or bounce away from a victory? Wow. I am speechless.

Or were you being sarcastic?

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

What did they offer you?

So I’m currently streaming spectrum. No cable boxes...

$44.99 for internet and modem 

$44.99 for spectrum tv streaming service 

$16.45 for broadcast tv surcharge 

$3.59 for taxes and fees

So I’m paying $110 a month.

If I had spectrum internet alone ... it’s $75.00. Then the FuboTV charge would be an additional $65.00. So $140 before adding taxes and fees.

So I’m saving $30-$40 a month doing it that way. We’ll see what happens in October when the “deal” expires.

Just now, Zamboni said:

So I’m currently streaming spectrum. No cable boxes...

$44.99 for internet and modem 

$44.99 for spectrum tv streaming service 

$16.45 for broadcast tv surcharge 

$3.59 for taxes and fees

So I’m paying $110 a month.

If I had spectrum internet alone ... it’s $75.00. Then the FuboTV charge would be an additional $65.00. So $140 before adding taxes and fees.

So I’m saving $30-$40 a month doing it that way. We’ll see what happens in October when the “deal” expires.

My Spectrum internet is $50. 

My Fubo is now $60 (used to be $30 and has slowly crept up over the years). 

I don’t even watch TV, the only thing I watch is Sabres games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.