GDT: 1/31/21 1pm ET, NJ Devils at Buffalo, MSG, NHL Network, WGR

jsb

Two Devils in front of our net and we still can’t get control of the puck.  We had one good even strength shift to start the 3rd.  Analytics might not agree with me, my eyeball assessment says we have been outworked in the 3rd period.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Staal's a monkey humping a football.

2 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Get Staal off the ice

2 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

What is Staal doing???????

He’s no longer an NHL player.  Standing still at center ice trying to stick handle as the entire opposing team is hounding you is pee wee stuff.  

• Like (+1) 1

I have a theory about Staal.  He didn’t want to come to Buffalo.  He reflected on his career and all he’s achieved professionally and financially.  He’s riding this chapter of his career out and doesn’t actually care.  It’s his twilight contract.  He’s checked out and is an empty uniform.

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

RK needs to be replaced with a young and motivated bench boss with new ideas.  

Wasn't that coach Phil Housley??? I'll take Gerard Gallant. Tough nosed, take no #### and willing to bench ###### if the effort isn't there. I'll take old school. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Tough to win in this league when you give up goals 20 seconds in, 37 second left in a period and 1 second left in a period.

And Hutton, is a below average goalie IMO.

Coaching -   Early goal indicates lack of preparation and readiness.  Late goals indicate lack of of attention to details and ability to finish a period. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

I have a theory about Staal.  He didn’t want to come to Buffalo.  He reflected on his career and all he’s achieved professionally and financially.  He’s riding this chapter of his career out and doesn’t actually care.  It’s his twilight contract.  He’s checked out and is an empty uniform.

Not a good look for GMKA if true

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.