Jump to content

GDT: 1/28/21 7pm ET, NY Rangers at Buffalo, MSG & WGR


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Yeah....I know.... I can get that from watching the game, I don't need it charted for me. I can remember that stuff in my head

Cool.  That’s fine.  But you said you didn’t understand what it meant and called it analytics, so I was trying to clarify.

Edit:  and by the way, I agree with you.  If you just finished intently watching the game, then yeah, this chart is probably not going to tell you anything you don’t already know.  Especially in a game as lop sided as this one.

Edited by Curt
Link to post
Share on other sites

That game looked like the garbage under my trucks passenger seat.

 

 

How do we start a "Jack, cut you ****ing hair" campaign?

I'm convinced that's the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwampD said:

That game looked like the garbage under my trucks passenger seat.

 

 

How do we start a "Jack, cut you ****ing hair" campaign?

I'm convinced that's the issue.

Finally, someone with a constructive solution instead of just complaints!

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you have as many #1/2 overall picks, “generational talents”, it comes down to scheme, chemistry, and leadership. It’s never one single thing. I’m (still) trying to figure out which is the primary root cause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

When you have as many #1/2 overall picks, “generational talents”, it comes down to scheme, chemistry, and leadership. It’s never one single thing. I’m (still) trying to figure out which is the primary root cause.

I will say that we saw so many plays tonight that were just a tick off. That chemistry thing is real.

It doesn't come from coaching. It only comes from playing together and time.

We're so close. I don't think we have seen what this team is just yet.

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am concerned about the leadership. I’m an Eichel fan, and maybe it’s me, but when I see them celebrate a goal, it doesn’t seem as joyful/enthusiastic/celebratory as other teams. It doesn’t seem like they look at each other. I contrast that with the Bills, who genuinely seem to like playing with each other. Again, what my eyeballs tell me.

Edited by Slack_in_MA
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Tell you what.   RK should put them back on the ice and make them skate goal line to goal line until they can't stand up anymore, aka pull a Herb Brooks.

 

I bet that approach (by a coach) hasn’t happened in the NHL since the early 2000’s 😂

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

It’s not an all star game

You are right.  It was an NHL regular season game.

Has anyone ever told you 82% of your posts are so cryptic that I feel like a shaman trying to divine the meaning from your words?

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in pregame I commented on the importance of this game as a statement game.   Rangers ripe for putting down in a hole. 
 

Poor performance tonight.  Lucky to get a point.  Cant believe I’m saying our goalie stole a point for us.  
 

Leadership lacking.  Dissatisfied customer here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the best game tonight. Ullmark has played four in a row. Time for a Hutton game I think.

Im not saying that saying Hutton was bad tonight… In fact he was rather good. It’s just that he’s played four in a row. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Curt said:

You are right.  It was an NHL regular season game.

Has anyone ever told you 82% of your posts are so cryptic that I feel like a shaman trying to divine the meaning from your words?

That is why I like her posts.  Think broader and you might get it.  She is implying they played like the game doesn’t count.    

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well, in pregame I commented on the importance of this game as a statement game.   Rangers ripe for putting down in a hole. 
 

Poor performance tonight.  Lucky to get a point.  Cant believe I’m saying our goalie stole a point for us.  
 

Leadership lacking.  Dissatisfied customer here.  

They look like a team with 7 or 8 new players in the lineup and very little training camp to get ready.  They seemed to be skating into each other an awful lot. So out of synch.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

That why I like her posts.  Thinks broader and you might get it.  She is implying they played like the game doesn’t count.    

I would have guessed something along those lines.  I’m always about 60% sure that I understand the meaning.  Lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I kind of enjoy the mystery of it all.  Don’t ever change @spndnchz!

The vagueness doesn’t often encourage meaningful discussion though.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

They look like a team with 7 or 8 new players in the lineup and very little training camp to get ready.  They seemed to be skating into each other an awful lot. So out of synch.

The analytics guys tell me they are playing good (well, not tonight), but my eye-test sees no fire so far.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

They look like a team with 7 or 8 new players in the lineup and very little training camp to get ready.  They seemed to be skating into each other an awful lot. So out of synch.

Definitely.  What I saw didn’t really seem like lack of effort.  More like a lack of mental focus or cohesion.  Out of sync and a step behind.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That game looked like the garbage under my trucks passenger seat.

 

 

How do we start a "Jack, cut you ****ing hair" campaign?

I'm convinced that's the issue.

I'm all in favor of Eichel cutting his hair.  He looks like a giant poodle.

In his defense, he has the nastiest, rattiest hair of anyone I can think of.  He doesn't have a lot of styling options. 

What a garbage hockey game tonight.

We were lucky to steal a point; give props to Ullmark; he played really well.

I wonder if they will be interested in playing hockey next game?!

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slack_in_MA said:

When you have as many #1/2 overall picks, “generational talents”, it comes down to scheme, chemistry, and leadership. It’s never one single thing. I’m (still) trying to figure out which is the primary root cause.

Scheme and chemistry don't account for a lack of effort. Leadership I agree with and have commented on it before. Eichel is a crap captain. Good player, crap leader. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I am concerned about the leadership. I’m an Eichel fan, and maybe it’s me, but when I see them celebrate a goal, it doesn’t seem as joyful/enthusiastic/celebratory as other teams. It doesn’t seem like they look at each other. I contrast that with the Bills, who genuinely seem to like playing with each other. Again, what my eyeballs tell me.

I think he has to learn how to not put the entire franchise on his shoulders and also to divest himself from his own struggles.  It's not easy, not sure if he can do it, but he needs to find a way.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Not the best game tonight. Ullmark has played four in a row. Time for a Hutton game I think.

Im not saying that saying Hutton was bad tonight… In fact he was rather good. It’s just that he’s played four in a row. 

I've had quite a few beers tonight but I feel confident in pointing out Hutton did not play tonight and he's not played four in a row. 😛  Perhaps you had one more beer than me?  (just having some fun).

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SwampD said:

WTF does this mean? Is there an easy way to put this in English. I mean, I watched the game,… so I'm pretty sure what I think it means, but these posts make me crazy. I'm already pissed we lost. Now I'm even angrier cuz I think I'm stupid, as well.

It's RK's clipboard.  For the games he doesn't feel like coaching he just has all the players do some finger painting on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I don't get to watch NYC area games because of MSG blackout... but from what I gather Sabres pooped the bed... reading the posts.  One good game one bad... sigh sound like more of the same.  The chaotic nature of Jack Eichel...  any mood stabilizers docs here would recommend for him?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...