2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

16 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Power, Hughes, Edvinsson are all left handed. 

Dahlin, Bryson, Samuelsson, Johnson are all left handed. 23 and under. 

Reinhart, Tage, Okposo, Quinn... are the only mentionable rw anywhere to be found.

Peterka plays on both wings, so that's a plus, if he makes it

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

Would prefer they not go D w/ that pick either, but Dahlin played on the right side very capably in Sweden & could likely make the switch a t this level, and though you may not like 1 of them Olofsson & Ruotsalainen can both effectively play RW as well.

RW doesn't need to be a pick of need if they would prefer 1 of those D.

I wouldn't bet on this. Not very common in the NHL. It's possible but I wouldn't personally say likely 

23 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Though I’m probably overthinking it.

even at 5, one of Beniers, Guenther or Eklund will probably still be on the board 

This is how I'd like to see it play out...assuming the Sabres end up picking 4th or 5th.  I just don't see a need for another PMD especially if the forwards listed above have comparable grades to the blueliners.

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Sabres already have a franchise LHD.  That’s my only concern

Let's not forget Dahlin said he rather play on the right side 

47 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Sabres 2nd rounder will be interesting, a “first rounder” that slips, like JJP in ‘20 perhaps.

Arizona losing their pick takes the 32 team draft back to 31.

There will be alot of first rounders in the 2 round 

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

even at 5, one of Beniers, Guenther or Eklund will probably still be on the board 

IMO arguably the "over thinking" comes in with the bolded bit. 

We spent months and months last year talking about who would be guaranteed to be on the board for us, at 8, a bunch of them were, and we didn't take any of them. Irrespective of Quinn being a good or bad pick, no one was really banging the drum that'd he'd potentially be our guy

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Let's not forget Dahlin said he rather play on the right side 

There will be alot of first rounders in the 2 round 

Quote? From how long ago? Not doubting you just curious 

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

No hesitation you take huges he will be a franchise defenseman and power will just be "good" 

No real offense, because it’s absolutely possible that you are correct, but this level of certainty in the future of 17-18 year old players is impossible.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Agree, but the question was specifically “if those 3 are gone”.

I don’t worry about having two great LD.  Could be like Ducks back in the day where they could play entire playoff games with one of Pronger/Neidermeyer on the ice pretty much at all times.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

IMO arguably the "over thinking" comes in with the bolded bit. 

We spent months and months last year talking about who would be guaranteed to be on the board for us, at 8, a bunch of them were, and we didn't take any of them. Irrespective of Quinn being a good or bad pick, no one was really banging the drum that'd he'd potentially be our guy

Quote? From how long ago? Not doubting you just curious 

“I actually like the right side a lot,” Dahlin said, “I can play both, so it doesn’t matter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1641832/amp

so everyone scared of drafting left D shouldn't be scared .

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, Thorny said:

Peterka plays on both wings, so that's a plus, if he makes it

I wouldn't bet on this. Not very common in the NHL. It's possible but I wouldn't personally say likely 

This is a kid that has been playing in the NHL since he was 18.  He'll be able to play the right side & well if they need him to.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

“I actually like the right side a lot,” Dahlin said, “I can play both, so it doesn’t matter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1641832/amp

so everyone scared of drafting left D shouldn't be scared .

Thanks for that. 

He doesn’t say he prefers the right, though. But, it’s good to know he doesn’t mind either side 

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

This is a kid that has been playing in the NHL since he was 18.  He'll be able to play the right side & well if they need him to.

But probably not as well as he plays the left. 

I’d build my roster around maximizing him and my best players not shift him over to the side he hasn’t played in 3 years 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Sillinger and Stankoven

Sillinger always turns into a stud in FHM. 

On 4/24/2021 at 1:58 PM, Crusader1969 said:

If Sabres end up drafting 5 and the first 4 off the board are Beniers, Guenther, Eklund and Powers. 
are you taking Hughes ?

Yes. Hughes will be the best player from the class in five years. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Remember if they draft Power or Hughes, they have an entire year to figure out what they want to do with the left side before either player would matter. Hughes 100% goes to college for a year. 

On this: I’ve started some very early work and have seen a couple places say they think William Eklund is a guy who can step in right away and is likely more ready than any other player. This is one of a few reasons his name is growing on me but, again, still early. Been very busy but I like what I’m hearing on him.

57 minutes ago, Hoss said:

On this: I’ve started some very early work and have seen a couple places say they think William Eklund is a guy who can step in right away and is likely more ready than any other player. This is one of a few reasons his name is growing on me but, again, still early. Been very busy but I like what I’m hearing on him.

I don't worry about nhl toa

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't worry about nhl toa

This you?

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Remember if they draft Power or Hughes, they have an entire year to figure out what they want to do with the left side before either player would matter. Hughes 100% goes to college for a year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.