2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

I appreciate your opinion, but I’m very skeptical of your absolute certainty with no supporting information presented.

He is mad because he likes Finns better but Raty stock have dropped compared to Beniers😀  Guenther is really good though, like to see him at the U18s.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

He is mad because he likes Finns better but Raty stock have dropped compared to Beniers😀  Guenther is really good though, like to see him at the U18s.

I'm sure he will be "overlooked" just like aho,pastrnak can't wait to see him on a Contender. 

Then you will have how did he drop posts 4 years later 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm sure he will be "overlooked" just like aho,pastrnak can't wait to see him on a Contender. 

Then you will have how did he drop posts 4 years later 

Raty doesn't have the production. I'd have to look pastrnak and aho but I feel like they did...

Pastrnak had 24 points in 36 Allsvenskan games. He has a May birthday. 

Aho had 11 points in 27 Liiga games, but he's a July bday. Age really matters and Carolina correctly figured that out. Aho had 45pt in 45 games the next year. 

Raty had 6 points in 33 games and is a November birthday. In reality that means Aho's 2nd number of 45pts is a better alignment. 

Still, Raty did not have the production level of Pastrnak or Aho. 

It will be interesting to see how Jason Karmanos taking over the draft will change things particularly in terms of drafting CHL Players. In the three drafts he was AGM in Pittsburgh, 6 of the 14 players drafted by the Pens where CHL Players. 
He is also going to the U18s this year, so it’s possible Dylan Guenther could be the pick 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It will be interesting to see how Jason Karmanos taking over the draft will change things particularly in terms of drafting CHL Players. In the three drafts he was AGM in Pittsburgh, 6 of the 14 players drafted by the Pens where CHL Players. 
He is also going to the U18s this year, so it’s possible Dylan Guenther could be the pick 

Another message board had this

Dylan-Cozens-Sabres-Draft.jpg

IK-20180510-007.jpg?quality=100&strip=al

Make it so 

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Guenther is 6 months younger than Beniers just btw. I am trying to watch more of Guenther. 

Guenther worries me a little because I am not sure how often he is responsible for zone entries. I like that when I see him scoring, he's mainly going to the center of the ice or stickhandling. 

I am also realizing one of my issues. I spent a lot of time watching the big 3 from the NCAA because there was lots of video and it was easy to get games. NCAA is simply faster than the WHL and that is impacting how I feel about this. The game looks a little slow but Guenther is playing at the top pace for the WHL. I still prefer Beniers and I might even prefer Eklund over Guenther. I love the zone entries and transition play of those two. I think Guenther can do it but I am not sure he was asked to do it much and that could be what I am seeing. 

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

2 Dylans, 2 Jacks, and 3 Rasmi

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'd almost rather not get first OA so they don't have the pressure to pick Power, if he ends up at the top of most of these lists

If they feel pressure based on these lists we have bigger problems than Owen Power. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

If they feel pressure based on these lists we have bigger problems then Owen Power. 

Human beings, and all that. "BPA" is a thing in terms of how GMs are, I'd go so far as to say, expected to pick. The idea that you pick the player you adjudge to be the most talented, *regardless of position*. It's not some wishy-washy "well every team has it's own list" - of course they do - but you are "supposed" to sort it irrespective to position. 

It's why I was saying a few weeks ago that it would be interesting for us to get 1 overall, and then pick a guy, say Beniers, who's usually ranked 3/4 - it just doesn't usually happen. If a guy tops the majority of the lists, that's the guy who goes first. Sometimes, rarely tbh, there's a "hischier or Patrick" year, but even this year it's not "Power/Beniers"

How often does Murray get torched for taking Reinhart over Draisaitl? Far, far less than you torch his other picks, later in the drafts - "Well, Reinhart was the guy ranked above at the time" is a get out of jail free card to a large extent. 

If a GM takes Power, they either get a really good player, or "well, he was ranked first, can't blame him". They are human. The GMs want to be employed. 

If a GM take Beniers at 1, they either get a really good player, or a "what the hell were you thinking?"

It's hard to not take the top ranked guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Human beings, and all that. "BPA" is a thing in terms of how GMs are, I'd go so far as to say, expected to pick. The idea that you pick the player you adjudge to be the most talented, *regardless of position*. It's not some wishy-washy "well every team has it's own list" - of course they do - but you are "supposed" to sort it irrespective to position. 

It's why I was saying a few weeks ago that it would be interesting for us to get 1 overall, and then pick a guy, say Beniers, who's usually ranked 3/4 - it just doesn't usually happen. If a guy tops the majority of the lists, that's the guy who goes first. Sometimes, rarely tbh, there's a "hischier or Patrick" year, but even this year it's not "Power/Beniers"

How often does Murray get torched for taking Reinhart over Draisaitl? Far, far less than you torch his other picks, later in the drafts - "Well, Reinhart was the guy ranked above at the time" is a get out of jail free card to a large extent. 

If a GM takes Power, they either get a really good player, or "well, he was ranked first, can't blame him". They are human. The GMs want to be employed. 

If a GM take Beniers at 1, they either get a really good player, or a "what the hell were you thinking?"

It's hard to not take the top ranked guy. 

I don't agree with what you are laying down here. My understanding of drafts in 2014 is significantly lower than today. 

The Sabres took Quinn over Rossi last year. A lot of ppl have criticized that pick but that is because there was a clear talent difference that was born out on tape and in the numbers. Taking Quinn was a big gamble because Rossie and Lundell both had the math and the tape to back that up. I think this year things are far less clear. 

Power's is being ranked 1st because he is 6'6" and I know that because EVERYONE who puts him 1st mentions his size as part of the criteria. Hence why I call it the Logan Stanely rule. I like Power, he is good but Luke Hughes will probably be better in the end. (just looking at defenders for comparison) 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.