2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

Unless the Sabres trade Risto, I don’t see them picking a D with their first pick. If they get the first overall, I could see them swapping picks with another team like Columbus to get a goalie, and then pick one of the best forwards.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Unless the Sabres trade Risto, I don’t see them picking a D with their first pick. If they get the first overall, I could see them swapping picks with another team like Columbus to get a goalie, and then pick one of the best forwards.

I don’t see why Risto should factor into this decision.  Risto has just one year remaining on his contract, and the guy they pick is unlikely to be NHL ready.  It’s likely that the pick and Risto are never on the roster at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, triumph_communes said:

So we need more in the system when Risto leaves

Power, Hughes, Edvinsson are all left handed. 

Dahlin, Bryson, Samuelsson, Johnson are all left handed. 23 and under. 

Reinhart, Tage, Okposo, Quinn... are the only mentionable rw anywhere to be found.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Reinhart, Tage, Okposo, Quinn... are the only mentionable rw anywhere to be found.

Two you plan on signing to term, a third a top 10 pick, and Oloffson plays righty too

There is no reason to not pick BPA

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Would prefer they not go D w/ that pick either, but Dahlin played on the right side very capably in Sweden & could likely make the switch a t this level, and though you may not like 1 of them Olofsson & Ruotsalainen can both effectively play RW as well.

RW doesn't need to be a pick of need if they would prefer 1 of those D.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would prefer they not go D w/ that pick either, but Dahlin played on the right side very capably in Sweden & could likely make the switch a t this level, and though you may not like 1 of them Olofsson & Ruotsalainen can both effectively play RW as well.

RW doesn't need to be a pick of need if they would prefer 1 of those D.

I've been advocating for a guy that plays center. My only point is that suggesting we need a defender is incorrect (not saying you implied that)

13 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Two you plan on signing to term, a third a top 10 pick, and Oloffson plays righty too

Who's the best player in this draft and why?

15 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

And on Defense you have Dahlin signing to term. Bryson and Samuelsson up and coming. You may be getting McCabe back. Plus Johnson waiting in the wings. Your suggestion that there is less defense depth than forward depth is wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

I see no problem with drafting a defenseman with a top 5 pick. We have a lot of young forwards. We have a few young defenseman.  There’s no glaring holes 

I'm not a fan of Beniers at all but if I was the  General manager I would draft like I'm losing Jack eichel so a back up plan is in place 

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And on Defense you have Dahlin signing to term. Bryson and Samuelsson up and coming. You may be getting McCabe back. Plus Johnson waiting in the wings. Your suggestion that there is less defense depth than forward depth is wrong. 

Stop putting words into my mouth. I said the discrepancy isn’t large enough to warrant not picking BPA

Its a junky draft anyway. Guenther or Berniers look like NHLers. Powers is overrated because he’s a large Canadian boy.  And picking a large human as their defining trait in the first round is always a mistake 

Edited by triumph_communes

6 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Stop putting words into my mouth. I said the discrepancy isn’t large enough to warrant not picking BPA

Its a junky draft anyway. Guenther or Berniers look like NHLers. Powers is overrated because he’s a large Canadian boy.  And picking a large human as their defining trait in the first round is always a mistake 

It's a garbage draft yet leagues didn't play so its "unknown" if the same  Situation happen last year Jack Quinn would have been a 3rd or 4th Rounder correct ? 

10 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

I see no problem with drafting a defenseman with a top 5 pick. We have a lot of young forwards. We have a few young defenseman.  There’s no glaring holes 

And I disagree. I think their are glaring holes in the forwards. 

I do agree that the draft is weird due to covid and such. 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

It's a garbage draft yet leagues didn't play so its "unknown" if the same  Situation happen last year Jack Quinn would have been a 3rd or 4th Rounder correct ? 

... hmm well he still would have wjc probably so I'd say 2nd rounder. 

Edited by LGR4GM

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

And I disagree. I think their are glaring holes in the forwards. 

I do agree that the draft is weird due to covid and such. 

... hmm well he still would have wjc probably so I'd say 2nd rounder. 

How would he have world Jr's? They're not  Inviting a person that had 12 goals the year before 

Wait, it didn't matter. Quinn did play last season so whatever. 

I hold out hope for Quinn. There's something there. 

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

We are not finishing in last place. Maybe not even second last place. 

I think there are 5-6 players at the top of this draft. Good news is we're getting 1 of them. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Hoss said:

Liger watches this thread like a hawk and just draws lines in the sand anytime someone says anything that isn’t exactly what he thinks 😂 I love it because I remember feeling that way about prospects a few years ago.

I just want to debate prospects. It's fun to fight over your favorites because who knows if you're right. 

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I just want to debate prospects. It's fun to fight over your favorites because who knows if you're right. 

I love the thrill of the debate too I just wish I had more time and energy to get into this year’s class.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.