2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Oh that sucks I'm sure they have some tsn streams for free.

I use a vpn to get access to alot of stuff in the states for streaming 

I need to re-setup my vpn. I stopped paying for one a couple years ago and should really fix that. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Clarke was clearly a man amongst boys from the highlights I saw. 

No, I said we need Quinn to better than Reinhart, not "the only way this team won't suck ever is if Reinhart is not as good as Quinn!" 

To the second one, yes if Olofsson is lined up in the top 6 this team isn't winning a cup. 

I don’t really understand how to approach your style of discussion in all honesty. You flip/flop mid discussion what you are trying to argue so often that I can’t keep up. 

“Winning a cup”? The argument, what you originally said, is that we couldn’t be “good” with VO in the top 6. How can I argue for a position when you constantly change the standard for what I have to prove? It’s maddening. 

And you flipped the Quinn one, too. You said he needed to be better then Reinhart for us “to be a contender.” That’s a substantively different argument than what you listed above, and the bit in quotations is a complete misrepresentation of the discussion to that point. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t really understand how to approach your style of discussion in all honesty. You flip/flop mid discussion what you are trying to argue so often that I can’t keep up. 

“Winning a cup”? The argument, what you originally said, is that we couldn’t be “good” with VO in the top 6. How can I argue for a position when you constantly change the standard for what I have to prove? It’s maddening. 

And you flipped the Quinn one, too. You said he needed to be better then Reinhart for us “to be a contender.” That’s a substantively different argument than what you listed above, and the bit in quotations is a complete misrepresentation of the discussion to that point. 

I'm actually exceedingly consistent around here. 

You just didn't understand what I mean by good or contender. So I will define those to help. 

This team will not be a stanley cup contender or good (in my mind that is what equates to good) with Victor Olofsson as a top 6 forward. That means that lack the talent needed to be taken seriously as a team. 

Quinn needs to be better than 50pt Reinhart (this last 15 game Reinhart is a new level). Without that we whiffed so hard on that pick we set ourselves back at least 1 if not 2 years. Quinn is the only RW in the pipeline so without him, something else would need to unfold to fix that gaping hole in the top 6. Not sure how to explain this further but we are not contending or winning a cup without a significant increase in talent and right now that talent would have to come from Quinn because there isn't a lot down the right. 

I am not misrepresenting anything. You want to win the argument because I said something in a definitive way versus most posters who duck and hide behind qualifying language so when things don't work they can be like "well uhh I actually meant this". 

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

"Winning a cup”? The argument, what you originally said, is that we couldn’t be “good” with VO in the top 6. How can I argue for a position when you constantly change the standard for what I have to prove? It’s maddening. 

You literally cannot prove this because it hasn't happened. There is no way for either of us to prove our point. 

Guenther didn’t really standout last night but still had 2 helpers. Just one game, doesn’t mean anything.  

Clarke will be a RHD along the lines of Drysdale. Good mobility, instincts and puck distribution.

Rosen had some nice jump for Sweden. One of the few players that stood out positively for the Swedes

The next 3 games for Canada could be big time blowouts but hockey is funny that way.  Watch them beat Latvia 1-0 tonight.😂

Edited by Flashsabre

Some Clarke love from Cam Robinson of Elite Prospects

”I’m not sure we can even have the debate anymore. Brandt Clarke is clearly the highest IQ defender in this crop. 

If he can tidy up the stride to add more pop from a stop then the upside will be the highest as well.”

RHD I should add!  So rank I’ll rank him above all the LHD on my “hope the Sabres draft” list 

6 hours ago, Curt said:

Just a note on this.  Keep in mind that things like puck pursuit, compete, and positional awareness are skills too.  Beniers has to be near elite in areas like that.

Correct but if I’m drafting someone number one overall I’m definitely going to need some notable production out of them. I believe Beniers can get there but I think Guenther does that well and can/will produce at the next level.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Until Olofsson is out of the top 6, this team won't be good. No offense to Olofsson but if he's 1 of your 6 best forwards, you simply aren't good enough. Now if Peterka takes his spot that is a different conversation. 

Your top six is not always your best six forwards.

• Thanks (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Correct but if I’m drafting someone number one overall I’m definitely going to need some notable production out of them. I believe Beniers can get there but I think Guenther does that well and can/will produce at the next level.

Beniers production at the NCAA level is better than the 3 previous years of NCAA draft eligible players (not a big sample) and 5th in the last 3 years among D+1 players behind Zegras, Holloway, Newhook, and Caufield. So out of all the players in the NCAA in their Draft +1 year Beniers in his draft year was 5th. 

This is limited to 2018-present

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

oh bloody hell are we nitpicking now. 

If Victor Olofsson is one of your 6 best forwards your team doesn't have enough talent. 

There is a VERY large difference between saying “if Olofsson is in your top six” vs “if Olofsson is one of your six best forwards.”

Especially in the context in which you used it - responding to someone’s lineup projection.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

There is a VERY large difference between saying “if Olofsson is in your top six” vs “if Olofsson is one of your six best forwards.”

Especially in the context in which you used it - responding to someone’s lineup projection.

I'm gonna have to start writing book long responses now apparently. 

If VO is playing in your top6 or is a top 6 forward (you consider these different, and I guess I could see how) then your team does not have enough talent. 

VO is a 3rd line guy who works well in spot fill in duty and on your PP. He is not a top 6 staple. I don't want him playing in the top 6 and I don't want him as the 5th or 6th best forward on my team. 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Hey...you aren’t supposed to be paying that close attention!  Awesome!! 😂

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You know the guy that really intrigues me in this draft is Zachary L'Heureux.  I would trade down to get him mid 1st round or make a deal for a second first round pick. I know this will raise a few eyebrows and maybe a few scoffs, but I think he could be the next Brad Marchand. 

You would trade from 1 or 2 down to the middle of the 1st to take a guy ranked at the end of the 1st round on a hunch he might turn out like another player? What?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.