2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

We honestly can't wait for  Defencemen to develop I believe forwards develop at a faster rate giving you atleast 20 goals or more for rookie years and tops 40 points 

But the model is looking at other defenders as comparables

15 hours ago, dudacek said:

McKenzie doesn't generally share his opinions on prospects, so I'm going to need a source for this one.

What he does is report the opinions of actual NHL scouts on prospects. In Cozens' draft year he reported scouts were saying big, strong, competitive, fast and skilled, but his IQ and playmaking ability might drop him out of the top 4 or 5.

Which was absolutely correct.

And thankfully for us, the playmaking concerns needn’t have dropped him at all, in hindsight 

17 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

If the Sabres land the #1 pick I hope they trade down for offense.

This is exactly what they should do if someone right below them wants Power. I’d hate to see us go D at 1, if we do land that pick 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

And thankfully for us, the playmaking concerns needn’t have dropped him at all, in hindsight 

This is exactly what they should do if someone right below them wants Power. I’d hate to see us go D at 1, if we do land that pick 

Yeah, If we land the #1 pick I'm not looking for another #1 LHD, I'd rather trade down a few spots to get help scoring goals and pick up another prospect / pick in the process. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Powers, unless we take Benefits.

But if by chance we get bumped to 3 then it has to be Wallstedt.

If we win our way to the 4th OA there is 0 doubt we take Hughes.

Im fairly certain we cannot get bumped to 4th. 

Also... no goalies in the 1st. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also also, they have Guenther way too low IMPO. 

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Not bumped, win our way to 4.

And yes, Wallstedt at 3, he's that promising imho.

ah, yes that seems plausible. 

He's promising sure but you can draft promising goalies in the 2nd and 3rd. Goalies are unpredictable which is why I do not draft them in round 1, I believe it wastes draft capital more often than it helps it. I certainly would never draft a goalie in the top 10. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes huges should be the " Scouts" number 1 pick instead of power .

It's like they forgot he existed. 

Whatever praise the green giant power 

Speaking of Luke Hughes, quick reminder he is as young as you can get for your draft class, being born 6 days before the cutoff. Basically this means that compared to Power, Hughes is a full year of dev behind him. Hughes is to Power what Cozens is to Dahlin in terms of age (roughly 10months). Or Jack Quinn (2020) will turn 20 only a week after Hughes (2021) finally turns 18 even though they will be only 1 draft apart. 

https://smahtscouting.com/2020/11/12/scoutingreport-luke-hughes/

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Powers, unless we take Beneirs.

But if by chance we get bumped to 3 then it has to be Wallstedt.

If we win our way to the 4th OA there is 0 doubt we take Hughes.

So who do you want?  Lol.

So your top 4 in order are Beniers, Power, Wallstedt, and Hughes?

Edited by Curt

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Im fairly certain we cannot get bumped to 4th. 

Also... no goalies in the 1st. 

Can only drop two spots this year.

Also, if we pass two teams we start with the 4th seed pre-lottery. Kraken get #3

• Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Curt said:

So who do you want?  Lol.

So your top 4 in order are Beniers, Power, Wallstedt, and Hughes?

I want Beniers.

I've reviewed some video on Powers, Hughes and Edvinsson. Not a lot, but I've also been reading the multitude of pundit/analysts scouting reports on them. I'm not impressed.

And while Beniers reports are 9f a 2 way 2nd line caliber type player, I'd much rather pick him given the over whelming support of his speed/motor type game.

In conclusion, if Berniers is there for us at 1 or 2, we take him. Imho.

14 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I want Beniers.

I've reviewed some video on Powers, Hughes and Edvinsson. Not a lot, but I've also been reading the multitude of pundit/analysts scouting reports on them. I'm not impressed.

And while Beniers reports are 9f a 2 way 2nd line caliber type player, I'd much rather pick him given the over whelming support of his speed/motor type game.

In conclusion, if Berniers is there for us at 1 or 2, we take him. Imho.

I’m on board.  I feel like he is a safe bet to be a really good player, and he has qualities that I want on the team.  Speed, motor, puck pursuit, 200-ft game.

Have you watched any Brandt Clarke?  He is a RD who I would consider if Buffalo is at 3-5 and Beniers is gone.

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’m on board.  I feel like he is a safe bet to be a really good player, and he has qualities that I want on the team.  Speed, motor, puck pursuit, 200-ft game.

Have you watched any Brandt Clarke?  He is a RD who I would consider if Buffalo is at 3-5 and Beniers is gone.

The right choice is guenther everything beniers has but better .

20 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yea, I was working down the list today. I like Clarke, a lot. And I suspect we are going to be in need of an up coming RHD.

If Buffalo lands at say 2, and Beniers is 5aken 1, I'd offer 2 for the Devils two 1st rdr's. And I would target Clarke with that 5/6 pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.