2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Rittich, Hanifan and Gaudreau for Risto, Reino and Hutton?

I like it better if you take out the forwards.

I'd rather see a Rittich for Colin Miller trade. Straight across might make sense for both teams.

Interesting.  Hutton and Rittich both have 1 year left at $2.75MM.  Rittich is probably better than Hutton, but he's clearly a notch below MAF and the AZ goalies.

Gaudreau has 2 years left at $6.75MM.

So maybe Reino and Hutton for Gaudreau and Rittich?

I could see the Sabres doing that deal.  Gaudreau is better, faster and more productive than Reino, and there are a number of reasons -- primarily a desire to retain the flexibility to sign Hall to an extension -- that the Sabres might not want to give Reino a long-term extension.

I could also see Risto or Montour as the primary Sabres asset going to Calgary, but this seems less likely, as Montour is only under contract for 1 more year and isn't as good an asset as Reino is.  The Sabres would need to include some sweeteners -- maybe Borgen and Mittlestadt?

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Source said talks with Calgary are heating up again- not the same trade, but one that would bring in a top 6 forward, and a goalie.

Reinhart and Miller for Lindholm,  Hanifin, Rittich 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Source said talks with Calgary are heating up again- not the same trade, but one that would bring in a top 6 forward, and a goalie.

I gotta be honest, I'm scared about this.

I think we're currently fine at forward. Swapping Reinhart for Gaudreau (educated guess, but I bet I'm right), is not a good idea.

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That would be a coup. Like a make us a contender coup.

Can't believe they'd want to move on from Lindholm at that contract.

• Like (+1) 3
Just now, dudacek said:

Agreed. Elias Lindholm was someone I figured impossible. If Calgary wants to make a tone-change to the entire locker room, Gaudreau is clearly the guy going out. Monahan isn't far behind, but Monahan also no longer makes sense for us.

Just now, dudacek said:

I'd miss Reinhart but that should seriously reshape the team

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Interesting.  Hutton and Rittich both have 1 year left at $2.75MM.  Rittich is probably better than Hutton, but he's clearly a notch below MAF and the AZ goalies.

Gaudreau has 2 years left at $6.75MM.

So maybe Reino and Hutton for Gaudreau and Rittich?

I could see the Sabres doing that deal.  Gaudreau is better, faster and more productive than Reino, and there are a number of reasons -- primarily a desire to retain the flexibility to sign Hall to an extension -- that the Sabres might not want to give Reino a long-term extension.

I could also see Risto or Montour as the primary Sabres asset going to Calgary, but this seems less likely, as Montour is only under contract for 1 more year and isn't as good an asset as Reino is.  The Sabres would need to include some sweeteners -- maybe Borgen and Mittlestadt?

I know it's tough to read a goalie based purely on numbers because they're highly dependent on the team in front of them, but with that said - not much about Rittich's stat line makes me think he's the upgrade in net that we're looking for.

Just now, Steddy13 said:

sabresparaavida has actual sources?

He/She called the Botterill firing 24 hours in advance, and I can confirm that's true.

He/She also hasn't Eklund'd any nonsense like "Crosby to the Sabres!", it's really just been 'a deal for a center and winger', that we all figured out was Calgary, and now I guess Calgary has called again.

• Like (+1) 1
4 minutes ago, Gabrielor said:

He/She called the Botterill firing 24 hours in advance, and I can confirm that's true.

He/She also hasn't Eklund'd any nonsense like "Crosby to the Sabres!", it's really just been 'a deal for a center and winger', that we all figured out was Calgary, and now I guess Calgary has called again.

Thanks.

Gaudreau being traded makes sense from a Calgary point of view. I'm not sure why the Sabres would do that... but that's a Sabres thing to do.

Lindholm? Yeah, no chance imo

Rittich is better than Hutton.

Hanifin for Montour would be a nice. 

Them moving on from Bennett makes sense. He'll never meet his draft expectations.

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

They probably don’t, but Gaudreau makes zero sense for the Sabres with Hall and Skinner as the Top 2 LWs. 
Monahan maybe, but with Staal and Eakins who knows? 

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They probably don’t, but Gaudreau makes zero sense for the Sabres with Hall and Skinner as the Top 2 LWs. 

Monahan makes more sense to us than Gaudreau because he is young and has term, and Staal is effectively a rental.

But Gaudreau is on a good contract and too good not find a spot for him, and certainly works as a bridge to Cozens/Mittelstadt/Thompson/Quinn.

1 minute ago, Shootica said:

So if we were to move Reinhart for Gaudreau, do we just throw in the towel on the RW position and play with a center, a left wing, and a lefter wing?

It's revolutionary.

I'm just going to pray I'm wrong, because from the Sabres perspective, Gaudreau in, Reinhart out, makes no sense.

43 minutes ago, IvanPutski said:

I don't want to lose Samson - I really like his net front presence on the PP.   It's not the easiest place to play and he does it better than anyone else on the team.

I agree completely, but ...

46 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

... if this is what we get back, I think I'd do it.

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Monahan would still be a great add at the right price.

Would make the C-spine Eichel-Staal-Monahan-Eakin with Lazar & Girgensons available plus Cozens, Asplund, & Mittelstadt for the future.  Monahan bumps up to 2C assuming Staal isn't back next year & Cozens (or other kid) becomes 3rd scoring C.  The year after that 2C & 3C swap.  And then Monahan is likely gone the next year.

And, for the 1st time ever, the team could still win enough games during an Eichel injury to still be in the race.

Would be their best C spine since `07 & would rival LaFontaine - Hawerchuk - Ruuttu - Hannan for best post-70's.

Edited by Taro T
  • Awesome! (+1) 1