Sabres in The Playoffs?

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Playoffs or not, ruining the Leafs season would be a triumph IMHO.   Nothing better then seeing Leafs Nation sitting in their $600 seats watching the most over-rated sports franchise in sport suffering another sad end to another mediocre Leafs season.

Instant karma's gonna get you...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Instant karma's gonna get you...

My dislike (ok hate) for Leafs nation is well founded.  I spent 11 years attending and then working at a summer camp in Northern Ontario.  The Toronto campers were the worst.  "Leafs this, Leafs that etc"... "Buffalo is a dump"  You get the picture.  Then nearly every winter I got the great pleasure of watching my Sabres outperform the Leafs.  Watching the Leafs fail is something I've enjoyed for nearly 50 years.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Playoffs or not, ruining the Leafs season would be a triumph IMHO.   Nothing better then seeing Leafs Nation sitting in their $600 seats watching the most over-rated sports franchise in sport suffering another sad end to another mediocre Leafs season.

image.jpeg.4836788f488c75a84da403a61953f884.jpeg

I think what's bothering me is the idea that a workforce can consider itself so essential and so privileged that they should be able to move their workplace to a safer area and be assured of testing that even over the summer will not be available to everyone. One of the bidding requirements is that restaurants be available to offer "bubble" service. The NHL entourage and no one else, I assume. This pandemic ripped a bandaid off our society. The NHL seems to be saying... "Yeah we're gross. So what? How are you going to stop us, diseased peasant?"

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I think what's bothering me is the idea that a workforce can consider itself so essential and so privileged that they should be able to move their workplace to a safer area and be assured of testing that even over the summer will not be available to everyone. One of the bidding requirements is that restaurants be available to offer "bubble" service. The NHL entourage and no one else, I assume. This pandemic ripped a bandaid off our society. The NHL seems to be saying... "Yeah we're gross. So what? How are you going to stop us, diseased peasant?"

Not sure the point you are trying to make.

There are tests available to the public right now. For a price, of course. Anyone can buy them.

Edited by SwampD

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My dislike (ok hate) for Leafs nation is well founded.  I spent 11 years attending and then working at a summer camp in Northern Ontario.  The Toronto campers were the worst.  "Leafs this, Leafs that etc"... "Buffalo is a dump"  You get the picture.  Then nearly every winter I got the great pleasure of watching my Sabres outperform the Leafs.  Watching the Leafs fail is something I've enjoyed for nearly 50 years.

Langskib?

37 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Timberlane outside Haliburton

I canoed Algonquin, twice.   Later in life I honeymooned on Baptiste Lake and visited Bancroft and Highland Grove.  There was a coed camp on Baptiste.  My son did a summer at Langskib.

Edited by Neo

20 hours ago, darksabre said:

Imagine the Sabres getting into the playoffs and going on an epic Cup run so that we have to spend the rest of our lives getting chirped for winning it on the back of a global pandemic. 

My mind went right to this. I don't want them in, they don't deserve it. Any kind of winning within, however unlikely, will feel tainted. 

20 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Idk, I don't think it'd be worth a summer of triumphcommunes condescendingly telling us that Botterill "ended the playoff drought"

And this. It's more likely to set the franchise back. I can honestly see them sitting at the end of season 2020-2021 press conference: "Look, we took a bit of a step back this year, but we made the playoffs last year, you often see this with young, rebuilding teams". 

Edited by Thorny
Yes, Jason Botterill has broken me

On 4/29/2020 at 10:39 PM, thewookie1 said:

To be honest, I'd be happy just to win the Cup even regardless of the circumstances.

You can put a million asterisks for all I care but I just want to see Sabres players lifting the Cup! ****************************

If that actually happened, It would most likely be the most memorable Stanley Cup in NHL history because of the once in a lifetime global circumstances.  A silver lining way to view it rather than a tainted asterisk.

Edited by Jävə Keith

History wouldn’t remember it as tainted, it would remember it as the underdog story of all underdog stories.

If they somehow knocked off Toronto Boston and the Met and West champions -which they would have to do - that would be earned.

The only taint would be in the minds of people looking for taint.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

History wouldn’t remember it as tainted, it would remember it as the underdog story of all underdog stories.

If they somehow knocked off Toronto Boston and the Met and West champions -which they would have to do - that would be earned.

The only taint would be in the minds of people looking for taint.

Yeah, I posted about that earlier in the week:

https://www.sabrespace.com/community/topic/24579-the-even-randomer-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1270716

Edited by Eleven

10 hours ago, Neo said:

I canoed Algonquin, twice.   Later in life I honeymooned on Baptiste Lake and visited Bancroft and Highland Grove.  There was a coed camp on Baptiste.  My son did a summer at Langskib.

The portages in Algonquin are the worst, but the park is just beautiful.  Timberlane is a beautiful camp set in a birch forest on a deep clear lake.

The movie Meatballs was filmed at camp White Pine on the other side of Haliburton.  We at Timberlane were the rival camp to White Pine but we were nothing like the camp in the movie.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.