COVID-19

Indabuff

We've been running hospitals understaffed since I've been practicing, this whole short staffing thing sucks, but it's by no means a new phenomenon. 

2nd, we're seeing a significant drop in other illness.... Again... People are too afraid to come into the hospital because they're too scared. Until they're dragged in by a family member after other damage is done. 

We absolutley need to find the balance between these things, it's imperative. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

We've been running hospitals understaffed since I've been practicing, this whole short staffing thing sucks, but it's by no means a new phenomenon. 

2nd, we're seeing a significant drop in other illness.... Again... People are too afraid to come into the hospital because they're too scared. Until they're dragged in by a family member after other damage is done. 

We absolutley need to find the balance between these things, it's imperative. 

Interesting we haven’t seen that  yet, Our Census is about 50-50 in terms of Covid and Regular Medical Issues compared to 80-20 in the Spring. It’s still early though. 

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Interesting we haven’t seen that  yet, Our Census is about 50-50 in terms of Covid and Regular Medical Issues compared to 80-20 in the Spring. It’s still early though. 

I think this is more in the community hospital setting, I've been pretty far removed from the bigger facilities. 

Got my antibody tests back, apparently I have IgG antibodies.... This points to me probably having had Covid at some point this year, also having "some" level of immunity. 

The test isn't fully conclusive and not as accurate as the PCR for an acute infection, but that's a bit refreshing. 

I had that awful pneumonia and tested negative for Covid 3 times in that span, makes me wonder when I woulda had it. 

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

Am I the only one who is doubtful of this 95% efficacy claim?

No. And everyone should be, because it's effectiveness we're concerned about. Real-world, not controlled trials.

Props for using efficacy correctly.

But I suspect the less nuanced doubt at play is whether the vaccines will work at all, will give you Covid, will make Epstein return from the dead and molest everyone, will make everyone crave Betty Crocker products etc.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

No. And everyone should be, because it's effectiveness we're concerned about. Real-world, not controlled trials.

Props for using efficacy correctly.

But I suspect the less nuanced doubt at play is whether the vaccines will work at all, will give you Covid, will make Epstein return from the dead and molest everyone, will make everyone crave Betty Crocker products etc.

If that last one is a real side effect, then I’m sure that the Government has already secretly snuck the vaccine into the chem trails over my house.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

I read this twice and don't think it breaches the Nfreeman Law. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/08/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

FDA looked at the Pfizer vaccine and had this to say

The document confirms that the vaccine's efficacy against Covid-19 was 95%, occurring at least seven days after the second dose -- a rate that had been previously reported by Pfizer. The proposed dosing for this vaccine is two 30-microgram doses 21 days apart.

The document also notes that the vaccine appears to provide "some protection" against Covid-19 following just one dose.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

And I see you still can't help yourself.

lol. "It won't be that bad, people just need a cooling down phase." 

On 12/7/2020 at 7:19 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Got my antibody tests back, apparently I have IgG antibodies.... This points to me probably having had Covid at some point this year, also having "some" level of immunity. 

The test isn't fully conclusive and not as accurate as the PCR for an acute infection, but that's a bit refreshing. 

I had that awful pneumonia and tested negative for Covid 3 times in that span, makes me wonder when I woulda had it. 

Prob then, I test neg twice but 2 weeks later after symptoms test positive for anti bodies... 

Why was the following post moved into the politics club?

Anyone know Erie County's positivity rate currently? I also saw somewhere (twitter I think) that some places in other states are around 20% positive rate... that is insane. Almost like pretending this didn't exist and having no strategy for the country has been bad. 

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Why was the following post moved into the politics club?

Anyone know Erie County's positivity rate currently? I also saw somewhere (twitter I think) that some places in other states are around 20% positive rate... that is insane. Almost like pretending this didn't exist and having no strategy for the country has been bad.

Are you seriously asking this question?

Is it not crystal clear to you that the last sentence is a political jab?

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Are you seriously asking this question?

Is it not crystal clear to you that the last sentence is a political jab?

It's factual.  Certainly, there was no national strategy, but the post doesn't seem to blame anyone in particular.

It isn't a political post and it does not belong in the politics club.

If you're that sensitive that you need to censor words you perceive as critical of someone you support, please take care of it another way;  please don't move things like this into the politics club.  It has nothing to do with discussion of politics.  Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

Like I’m sure many, Once the vaccine rolls around to the “average joe”, will be nervous and apprehensive about taking it. Some won’t. Most will. I thought I read one of the vaccines were made back in January, and have been in trials for over 10 months. Not sure which one. I thought that was interesting... I’m not saying or telegraphing a position one way or another. I just found that interesting. 
Personally, for me and me only ... I’ll have to think about getting the vaccine. Again, “thinking about it” doesn’t mean I lean one way or the other.

I think we're gonna see some things come out of the PCR test in the future, it's wildly inaccurate. The number of polymerase cycles most labs are using are magnifying any genetic material to the point that even old and non active infections will pop positive. Florida just passed a law that the lab now has to add the number of cycles in a PCR report, many of these positive cases could very well be from inactive remnants of the virus that a person had weeks to months ago. I'm curious to see if there will be a cycle cut off to really nail down true accuracy in the future. 

I don't care anymore. The US is in the 2nd wave right now and it will get worse before it gets better. Let us hope that being in a State with high mask wearing helps blunt the curve (which is the intended purpose) and maybe we can get things open sooner rather than later. 

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't care anymore. The US is in the 2nd wave right now and it will get worse before it gets better. Let us hope that being in a State with high mask wearing helps blunt the curve (which is the intended purpose) and maybe we can get things open sooner rather than later. 

3rd wave.

And we are in the flu season now.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I should hope so, we had a radiology tech, who passed away from Covid in March. 

Taken from the other thread.

I think one of the biggest failures of the whole thing has been the untold story of our healthcare workers. I know a bunch and they will most likely be dealing with this emotionally for a long time. Americans are arrogant and stupid. They need to be shown things. We needed to see more pictures of ERs and ICUs (I know that’s difficult due to HIPA rules).  We needed more interviews with nurses pushed to the edge.

I don’t feel the media did a good enough job telling this story and it may have convinced more people to take it seriously if they had.