Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

17 minutes ago, steveoath said:

So are we in Lose For Lafreniere or Bad of Byfield mode? 

I don’t think tanking is on their radar. A high pick is probably viewed as an added benefit but not the goal. 

I think they went into this season viewing it as some sort of “Culture Year™️“. As if that could be instilled by reinforcing positive messaging rather than by achieving a winning formula. 

Edited by Thorny

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Certainly there is no way the Sabres should do this unless an extension is part of the deal.

But IF Hall would sign an extension, would NJ take Risto, Mitts and an unprotected 2020 #1?

And would JB offer it?

I would be fine with that assuming there’s an extension 

44 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Certainly there is no way the Sabres should do this unless an extension is part of the deal.

But IF Hall would sign an extension, would NJ take Risto, Mitts and an unprotected 2020 #1?

And would JB offer it?

27 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I would be fine with that assuming there’s an extension 

If I'm NJ, I laugh and hang up.  Garbage, possible garbage, and a complete unknown.  See my offer.  

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Cost would hurt.  Cozens, Borgen and a 1st?  (Just spit balling a package that every fan would cringe at)

Maybe have to add pieces (BOGO or something like that for $$$ purposes)

I think that the only way that they get a package like that is if there is an extension already agreed upon.

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The big concern is the Sabres already have Skinner locked up on a long term deal at LW. Locking up two LWs at their ages to long term expensive deals, doesn’t seem wise at this point. 

I think Taylor Hall would be an excellent on-ice addition. 

Dont want to give up good assets and a Skinner-sized contract. One or the other maybe, but not both.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Cost would hurt.  Cozens, Borgen and a 1st?  (Just spit balling a package that every fan would cringe at)

Maybe have to add pieces (BOGO or something like that for $$$ purposes)

I disagree in that cost primarily due to the contract situation. They aren’t getting 2 1sts and a D prospect for approximately 20 games of Taylor Hall. 

If he had an extension however that would make sense.

I would guess if Hall has made it clear he wants to be a UFA he’ll be worth a protected 1st or a 2nd and a middish prospect. Cap stuff not withstanding.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I think that the only way that they get a package like that is if there is an extension already agreed upon.

Um...duh?  

58 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I disagree in that cost primarily due to the contract situation. They aren’t getting 2 1sts and a D prospect for approximately 20 games of Taylor Hall. 

If he had an extension however that would make sense.

I would guess if Hall has made it clear he wants to be a UFA he’ll be worth a protected 1st or a 2nd and a middish prospect. Cap stuff not withstanding.

You don't trade for him unless it's with an extension. As a rental, his price would be negligible.   

Edited by inkman

32 minutes ago, inkman said:

Um...duh?  

You don't trade for him unless it's with an extension. As a rental, his price would be negligible.   

I think as a rental he could still get a 1st (probably lottery protected at least) + a B prospect (Borgen, Pekar)

Something like that.  That’s a pretty good return.

Just as a comparison, I would think he would get a little better return that what Kane got.

Edited by Curt

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.