Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t like Galchenyuk and his game has fallen off the table, but he has first line talent

Maaaaaybe. But he’s turning 26 I think what we see is probably what we get. If he can get back to 50 points he’d certainly be a solid 2nd line player. 

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maaaaaybe. But he’s turning 26 I think what we see is probably what we get. If he can get back to 50 points he’d certainly be a solid 2nd line player. 

You’re probably right.

Regardless, he’s a soft, skilled, underachieving, LW buy-low opportunity.

So basically, right down JBot’s alley.

He doesn’t acquire anything other than that or a puck-moving D, right?

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You’re probably right.

Regardless, he’s a soft, skilled, underachieving, LW buy-low opportunity.

So basically, right down JBot’s alley.

He doesn’t acquire anything other than that or a puck-moving D, right?

Skinner remains a beacon. 

Though I suppose he was technically a buy-low LW

36 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Skinner remains a beacon. 

Though I suppose he was technically a buy-low LW

Coming off an underachieving season, and though we’ve learned he’s not soft, he came here with that rep and he is a small, whiny diver (as much as we love him for it)

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Coming off an underachieving season, and though we’ve learned he’s not soft, he came here with that rep and he is a small, whiny diver (as much as we love him for it)

It’s true, he’s definitely toeing the line of diving, maybe he’s just so good at doing it convincingly I don’t notice it as much, but it’s way less egregious than Nik Ehlers antics on the daily in Winnipeg. I believe he’s been fined by the league on multiple occasions. 

Edited by Thorny

36 minutes ago, freester said:

I would only do the trade for Bogo not McCabe 

The problem is that McCabe wears an A and Bogo did. Don’t see them getting moved the organization seems to love them. I’m actually beginning to think they may re-sign Bogo.

I could see them moving Miller or Scandella for Galchenyuk. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Thorny said:

^it’s just, he led them in ice time last game, didn’t he? I can’t dismiss the possibility that, while he’d see a pay cut, that the Sabres are still willing to pay him just a little bit more than other teams. 

I think he's being given the ice time to move him as a rental at the deadline. Both him and Scandella I believe will be moved then.

In the larger strategy picture, I am now 100% convinced this season has been given Pegulas stamp of approval as a "do what you can but don't go for it this season" kind of scenario. It is the only conclusion I can draw given the primarily intact roster from last failed season and the lack of in seadon moves to date to address some more than obvious glaring holes in the current rosters game.

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

He is not soft at all. Shows more spunk than most on this team.  He is scoring without Jack or Sam.  

We need more like him.  

11 hours ago, freester said:

I’m hoping the Sabres clean house in the off-season and all the garbage on the roster is expelled.  That includes the GM. Why did we trade for Miller with his contract if he’s going to sit in the press box?

The GM is staying as is most of the garbage he has collected. He makes 4 move per off season.

Sits in his hands during the season, then makes a few desperate moves at the deadline.  

Edit:   I think my thoughts above are harsher sounding than I want.  I am simplifying his past steps to date.  Hoping he can brake the pattern because a few key moves could make a big difference.  I am also frustrated by the reality of another playoff-less season.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, inkman said:

This both terrifies me and makes me a bit excited.

I openly admit I've wanted to see Galchenyuk on the Sabres, for the main reason of his high energy play.

I also openly admit he is most likely a solid line 3 player, so I wouldn't give up much for him, and I wouldn't re-sign him for anything more than 3.5 to 4 mil for 3 yrs at most.

What terrifies me is what Botts is going to give for him. If it's Miller, I have no problem there. And with the Penguins d needs I can see that as a realistic option, but something tells me he'll give more, which is the terror part.

• Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I openly admit I've wanted to see Galchenyuk on the Sabres, for the main reason of his high energy play.

I also openly admit he is most likely a solid line 3 player, so I wouldn't give up much for him, and I wouldn't re-sign him for anything more than 3.5 to 4 mil for 3 yrs at most.

What terrifies me is what Botts is going to give for him. If it's Miller, I have no problem there. And with the Penguins d needs I can see that as a realistic option, but something tells me he'll give more, which is the terror part.

While he seems better than alot of what is already here, he is still not a rugged/heavy type player. To me those type of players open the ice up a bit more and allow the current players a bit more space needed to be a bit more successful. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I say do not spend valuable assets on a 3rd line player.  We should be able to develop 3rd line players from our own system and not spend assets that could be used for top 6 players.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.