Jump to content

Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Still think Edmunds is garbage.  The scouting reports were right.  Easily duped by play action, terrible getting off blocks, doesn’t read plays at all.  

I don't think he's garbage but I do think he is disappointingly poor. Milano has masked his weaknesses really well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, Gostkowski just missed a reasonable length kick (45 yards) that would've sent the Stillers game into OT.

Thankfully the Bills had the Jests this week. An NFL squad would've been trouble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Ugly win but 5-2 and 3-0 in the division. Can really put a stamp in division next week and it will only be the half way point.

Considering Miami all but admitted they're throwing in the towel this week, a win over the Cheats has the Bills up 3-4 games over the team that will finish 2nd in the division at the 1/2 way point depending on the result of the 9ers game today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Ugly win but 5-2 and 3-0 in the division. Can really put a stamp in division next week and it will only be the half way point.

Totally confident that’ll happen 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, inkman said:

And the Bills just squeaked by the worst team in the league the last decade. 

When have the Bills and Jets ever not play a close game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, inkman said:

And the Bills just squeaked by the worst team in the league the last decade. 

That's one way to describe it. Another way is the Bills didn't have to punt once because they were in scoring position every drive and they held the Jets to 4 yards of offense in the second half. Tomato, tomahto.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, inkman said:

And the Bills just squeaked by the worst team in the league the last decade. 

We let up 4 yards in the entire second half. 

We can beat the Patriots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Regardless of whether they beat the Pats, they aren't going anywhere unless the offense cranks it up to the level of the 1st 4 games or thereabouts.

Good teams win when they suck. We’re a good team.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a painful game to watch. But a win’s a win.

I also agree with what Bulldog said in the post-game show. It seems sort of fluky (flukey?) that the Bills failed to score a TD because they moved the ball really well. 
 

And Allen looked good, as he should have I suppose. 300 passing yards, 60 rushing, and a 70% completion rate.

Beat the Patriots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

What a painful game to watch. But a win’s a win.

I also agree with what Bulldog said in the post-game show. It seems sort of fluky (flukey?) that the Bills failed to score a TD because they moved the ball really well. 
 

And Allen looked good, as he should have I suppose. 300 passing yards, 60 rushing, and a 70% completion rate.

Beat the Patriots.

Wasn't fluky at all. The offensive playcalling in the redzone was atrocious. 3rd and 8 with 7 guys in the box and you try to run Allen up the gut from the 10 yard line... the ***** is that? 

Did we take a true deep shot all day? Knox was the longest gain but that pass was only 15 or so yards down field. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wasn't fluky at all. The offensive playcalling in the redzone was atrocious. 3rd and 8 with 7 guys in the box and you try to run Allen up the gut from the 10 yard line... the ***** is that? 

Did we take a true deep shot all day? Knox was the longest gain but that pass was only 15 or so yards down field. 

Knox didn’t play. Think you mean Kroft. Teams are defending Buffalo exactly how they are defending KC, daring them to run. They’ll figure it out. I’d like to see the penalty on Davis TD. Allen also made bad read on third and short. Moss would have taken that to the house.

I wasn’t crazy about the Allen draw either, or, for that matter the McKenzie sweep to the right that lost 12 yards but they left points out there on other drives as well. It really wasn’t that close a game after halftime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wasn't fluky at all. The offensive playcalling in the redzone was atrocious. 3rd and 8 with 7 guys in the box and you try to run Allen up the gut from the 10 yard line... the ***** is that? 

Did we take a true deep shot all day? Knox was the longest gain but that pass was only 15 or so yards down field. 

Hard to disagree that the play calling was poor in the redzone, as was the execution. But, again, scoring no touchdowns and never punting the ball? That's just weird.

As for taking a deep shot: (1) We didn't have John Brown in the lineup. That matters. (2) We should probably applaud the fact that Allen was taking what the Defense was giving him -- that's exactly what the Bills need him to do. 

38 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Teams are defending Buffalo exactly how they are defending KC, daring them to run. They’ll figure it out. I’d like to see the penalty on Davis TD.

I was encouraged to see Allen dinking and dunking like he did. The CBS broadcast was horrendous - I waited in vain for some context on that "penalty."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Davis and the other receiver on that side were both off the line. One of them had to be on the line of scrimmage, that was the penalty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Knox didn’t play. Think you mean Kroft. Teams are defending Buffalo exactly how they are defending KC, daring them to run. They’ll figure it out. I’d like to see the penalty on Davis TD. Allen also made bad read on third and short. Moss would have taken that to the house.

I wasn’t crazy about the Allen draw either, or, for that matter the McKenzie sweep to the right that lost 12 yards but they left points out there on other drives as well. It really wasn’t that close a game after halftime.

The penalty was Diggs wasn't on the LoS.  He thought the TE who was next to & even w/ the RT was considered to be on the line but the LJ didn't see it that way.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Davis and the other receiver on that side were both off the line. One of them had to be on the line of scrimmage, that was the penalty. 

No.  Davis was on the line.  The issue was on the other side of the formation.  The camera work was ridiculously bad this game.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taro T said:

The penalty was Diggs wasn't on the LoS.  He thought the TE who was next to & even w/ the RT was considered to be on the line but the LJ didn't see it that way.

Sheesh. It occurs to me: There were a bunch of horse sh1t calls in that game. More than your average - maybe even both ways (?). That crew seemed like they were winging it.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just say this, that CBS crew was straight up terrible. Are we relegated to getting the 5th string crew every week? Somehow they still found a way to polish the Jets balls even when they were getting manhandled in the 2nd half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sheesh. It occurs to me: There were a bunch of horse sh1t calls in that game. More than your average - maybe even both ways (?). That crew seemed like they were winging it.

Officiating definitely left a lot to be desired.  But they seemed to screw up both ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Officiating definitely left a lot to be desired.  But they seemed to screw up both ways.

I’ll just say that the Bills won,... but didn’t cover.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The plus for me was our defensive play in second half. Also in spite of his fumble I honestly thought Josh had a good, not spectacular, game. We need to cut down on those penalties costing us positive plays/field position. Also we need to find the end zone more down in red zone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...