Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

55 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Holding firm on the "JA was fine" position, eh?

It's just funny how when Diggs makes a great catch on the sideline for a TD, it's, "Josh threw a great pass where only Diggs could get it," but when a pass bounces of Brown's hands and hits him in the facemask because it was thrown two inches behind him, it's "Josh's accuracy was awful."

FTR, I loved the interception at the end, as well. We saw Kelly do that at the start of his carreer. We saw Favre do that at the start of his carrer. I'd rather have a QB fling it and hope than watching Trentative Edwards throw a 4 yard checkdown as the clock expires.

I was thoroughly entertained last night.

Brown drops too many balls that hit him in the hands.

Our kicker,... I sure hope he figures it out soon. 13-13 at the half would have really changed the complexion of the game.

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Our kicker,... I sure hope he figures it out soon. 13-13 at the half would have really changed the complexion of the game.

Missing a 58-yarder on a wet night isn't my idea of a kicker with a problem. 

Also, do you really think a tie score at half would've changed the game? I'm asking.

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Missing a 58-yarder on a wet night isn't my idea of a kicker with a problem. 

Also, do you really think a tie score at half would've changed the game? I'm asking.

You are right. That wouldn't be a problem.

Except that it was a 52 yarder and he didn't just miss the uprights, he miss the netting, heck, I think it went out of bounds before the goal line.

I think he was going for a coffin corner field goal.

Yes. I think going in tied would have mattered.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

Except that it was a 52 yarder and he didn't just miss the uprights, he miss the netting, heck, I think it went out of bounds before the goal line.

I think he was going for a coffin corner field goal.

Yes. I think going in tied would have mattered.

Yeah, but where were the laces of the ball when he kicked it? 

17 hours ago, SwampD said:

My bad. There’s at least one write-up out there that misstates poster here who misread poster here who relied on a dubious source regarding the distance!** I’m not very confident in the kid, myself.

The final score, to me, didn’t reflect how out of reach the game was for the Bills. They got fairly trucked. So, to me, 13-13 at the half would not have made much of a difference. Field goals rarely do that against Mahomes and co.

image.thumb.png.cdecee7b5ee18523992d18dcc2e46647.png

Edited by That Aud Smell

On 10/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, CallawaySabres said:

Hate to say but teams now know how to zone defend Allen. He has no idea what is going on out there when man D is not the scheme (like the 1st 4 weeks).

On 10/20/2020 at 1:53 PM, That Aud Smell said:

I think that overstates matters. He saw plenty of zone in the first four weeks. 

Yeah, about that. (I mean, I am positive that he saw some zone in the first 4 weeks? (Eek))

For as bad as everyone has been saying our defense is. They were a bad kick away from creating a 10 point swing (most likely. at worst a 6 point swing) at the half, and they were milliseconds away from creating a turnover that would have given Josh a chance to take the lead at the end of the game,...

against the Chiefs,...

who have Mahomes,...

who's really good.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

For as bad as everyone has been saying our defense is. They were a bad kick away from creating a 10 point swing (most likely. at worst a 6 point swing) at the half, and they were milliseconds away from creating a turnover that would have given Josh a chance to take the lead at the end of the game,...

against the Chiefs,...

who have Mahomes,...

who's really good.

Exactly this. People have forgotten how close games are when top teams play. The Super Bowl years Bills routinely had 3-4 games that swung on a play or two. 
You also forgot the third run by Mahommes that resulted in a four point swing.
The Tennessee game, as bad as it looked,  would have also been a one score game if two phantom calls didn’t occur.

They will likely be 5-2, playing New England at home to go 6-2 at the half way point. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

Exactly this. People have forgotten how close games are when top teams play. The Super Bowl years Bills routinely had 3-4 games that swung on a play or two. 
You also forgot the third run by Mahommes that resulted in a four point swing.
The Tennessee game, as bad as it looked,  would have also been a one score game if two phantom calls didn’t occur.

They will likely be 5-2, playing New England at home to go 6-2 at the half way point. 

They aren’t beating the Pats

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ugh.  I think this is the year though.  The Pats are pretty vulnerable and the Bills are good enough to beat them at least once.  (They're also not so good that they could'nt lose to the Pats twice though.)

However, they aren't going to beat Baltimore, Seattle, KC, Pittsburgh or anyone in the playoffs unless JA plays much more like the 1st 4 weeks than like the last 2.

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’ll be surprised if they don’t beat them by ten. The Pats have almost no speed at all on offense unless Michel plays. Denver completed dominated them in New England and only an inability to capitalize in the red zone made it close.

The Patriots are not that good.

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Ugh.  I think this is the year though.  The Pats are pretty vulnerable and the Bills are good enough to beat them at least once.  (They're also not so good that they could'nt lose to the Pats twice though.)

However, they aren't going to beat Baltimore, Seattle, KC, Pittsburgh or anyone in the playoffs unless JA plays much more like the 1st 4 weeks than like the last 2.

If Diggs and Brown made plays in the end zone that they made in first four games and all those pass interference calls were counted as complete passes Allen’s day doesn’t look so bad.

He obviously missed some throws but Diggs makes that catch in the end zone nine out of ten times and a healthy Brown high points his in the end zone as well.

Unlike in the 90’s, there are five or six teams in the AFC that could win it. It will take a hear perfect game to do it but in my opinion, they will be in that conversation at the end.

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

I’ll be surprised if they don’t beat them by ten. The Pats have almost no speed at all on offense unless Michel plays. Denver completed dominated them in New England and only an inability to capitalize in the red zone made it close.

The Patriots are not that good.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Sure they are.

6-2.

54 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Have you been watching Pats games?

They honestly aren’t very good. 

You can’t be the king until you beat the king. 

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

Seems kinda random 

I dunno. I just saw his big beefy ass body falling on someone for a TFL or sack last night, and I was like: That dude can fill space and move a bit. And for a fresh second, I thought maybe he overlapped with McDermott in Philly - but I don't think that's the case.

But now that the Eagles won, and given that 6 wins will likely be enough to win the NFC (L)East, I am less confident that they'd be willing to move him.

23 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-jon-bon-jovi-erased-201419054.html

Bon Jovi says he'll never visit Buffalo gain.  Wow, finally some great news in 2020.

22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He can't fill the MMArena.  But we'll probably be subjected to him at either Darien Lake or CMAC.

Shouldn’t he be extending an olive branch to Buffalo?  The city didn’t screw him, he was trying to screw them.  It reminds me of junior high when infamous bully / psychopath Todd Tongue stepped on my foot in the walkway and blamed me for my foot being in his way. 

You started it butthole and your brother is a pompous ass.  

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

Shouldn’t he be extending an olive branch to Buffalo?  The city didn’t screw him, he was trying to screw them.  It reminds me of junior high when infamous bully / psychopath Todd Tongue stepped on my foot in the walkway and blamed me for my foot being in his way. 

You started it butthole and your brother is a pompous ass.  

He probably should, but he certainly seems to blame us for him not living out his 2nd dream.  Kind of funny, because it was blue collar towns like Buffalo that propelled him beyond being a niche Joisey act back in the '80's to allow him to live out his 1st dream.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.