Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

10 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Legit entertaining, but until this defense gets it together, not a real playoff threat

I didn't watch all of this game or most of the others but that's been the general consensus from the people I know.  It's frustrating since the defense had been the backbone for the last few years.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

Legit entertaining, but until this defense gets it together, not a real playoff threat

The D never let it get out of hand and closed the deal when it was time.

We’ll lose a game or four, but this team is good.

What fun.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

What fun.

Yes yes yes!

The D played much better in the 2nd half, which speaks well of McD and Frazier.  They got manhandled in the 1st half though.

I freaking love Stefon Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

What fun.

The Raiders had several key injuries and still marched up and down the field. If you don't think there's a problem, I don't know what to tell you.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

The Raiders had several key injuries and still marched up and down the field. If you don't think there's a problem, I don't know what to tell you.

Have you watched the Chiefs play? This is exactly how they won the Super Bowl. Their defense gets torched half the game until the opponents offense makes a mistake and the Chiefs offense makes them pay for it.

• Like (+1) 2

Great, great game. Just wonderful. So entertaining.

I'm mostly done worrying about the D. Very few teams in the league are actually playing consistently good D. I've heard players say that the absence of crowd noise is making things easier on the offense - communication lines are just wide open. Also, the Bills held the Raiders to a bunch of field goals. In today's NFL, I take those as wins within the game.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Great, great game. Just wonderful. So entertaining.

I'm mostly done worrying about the D. Very few teams in the league are actually playing consistently good D. I've heard players say that the absence of crowd noise is making things easier on the offense - communication lines are just wide open. Also, the Bills held the Raiders to a bunch of field goals. In today's NFL, I take those as wins within the game.

And, as someone pointed out, the Chief’s D was 18th last year, the Pats were 19th the last time they won. Two of the Bills SuperbBowl teams were mid 20’s on D.

Besides the points you made above, teams that score a lot and score quickly are going to give up a lot of yards for reasons that should be obvious. The trick is holding your opponent to field goals and forging mistakes.

• Thanks (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

And, as someone pointed out, the Chief’s D was 18th last year, the Pats were 19th the last time they won. Two of the Bills SuperbBowl teams were mid 20’s on D.

Besides the points you made above, teams that score a lot and score quickly are going to give up a lot of yards for reasons that should be obvious. The trick is holding your opponent to field goals and forging mistakes.

Hear, hear.

My mom - quiet, unassuming, bookish, soft-spoken, not really a sports fan (but a fan of masked children and grandchildren being over for the game) - exclaimed after the Norman fumble recovery and Diggs bomb sequence (and, frankly, in the wake of last week's dramatic win), "Wow! We're ... we're just not USED to this sort of thing, are we?!"

So much truth in that.

• Like (+1) 1

We have problems on D.  Levi Wallace isn’t the answer as corner.  Milano and Edmunds are playing hurt and the no3 LB, Klein, is terrible.  We also don’t get enough pressure on the QB.  
This defense is being exposed somewhat because of the injuries to Edmunds and Milano.  The good news is that the D being mediocre is enough right now with the offense clicking.    They also really played much much better is the 2nd half vs a decent Raiders team.  

Hopefully Milano and Edmunds better and Norman is an upgrade over Wallace.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Brady has never won a Super Bowl without a top 10 D.

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We have problems on D.  Levi Wallace isn’t the answer as corner.  Milano and Edmunds are playing hurt and the no3 LB, Klein, is terrible.  We also don’t get enough pressure on the QB.  
This defense is being exposed somewhat because of the injuries to Edmunds and Milano.  The good news is that the D being mediocre is enough right now with the offense clicking.    They also really played much much better is the 2nd half vs a decent Raiders team.  

Hopefully Milano and Edmunds better and Norman is an upgrade over Wallace.

Every NFL defense is getting gashed. Less holding calls, more PI calls.  Bombs away.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

Top 10 by what metric. Two different columnist posted they were 18th in yards allowed last time. Don’t have time to check it out now but I will later.

They gave up the 7th fewest points in 2018.  Oh, and they held the Rams, the #2 offense in the league in both yards and points, to 3 in the Super Bowl.  Do you really think they had the 18th best defense in the league?

Twenty two Titans players and staff combined have tested positive for COVID since September 24th.  2 more tested positive today.   Tennessee facilities now can’t re-open until Friday.  This raises a lot of questions about Sunday’s game.  Should the Titans have to play W/ only 1 or 2 days of practice?  No time to prep.  Maybe move the game back to Monday?  That isn’t right for Buffalo because they have the Chiefs on Thursday.  Make a week 18 to make up the game?  This is fine until another game on the Bills schedule has to be made up. Maybe have the Titans forfeit the game?  Supposedly this has yet to be considered by the NFL.  Not an option right now.  Big decision for the NFL.  In my opinion, keep it simple.  Play the game.  Too many what ifs with the other options.  Many in the media are now pushing for teams to enter a “bubble” for the remainder of the season.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.