GDT - January 28th, 2020 - Senators @ Sabres, 7 PM ET (WGR/MSG/NHL Network)

Doohickie

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

To think what would happen to this team if he had to miss some games. JBott really needs to find a back up 

Another gapping hole in JBots team construction.  How many GMs would stay pat with Hutton?   He looks like he will never win again. 

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

To think what would happen to this team if he had to miss some games. JBott really needs to find a back up 

What's troublesome is that Hutton won his first 6 in a row. If we could get another good run out of him and then trade him....  or at least have him be steady instead of having standings-killing slides for 3 months.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

What's troublesome is that Hutton won his first 6 in a row. If we could get another good run out of him and then trade him....  or at least have him be steady instead of having standings-killing slides for 3 months.

If he wins half of games in that losing streak we are in playoff position.  Even 1/4 puts us in a good place.  His play is worse than as any Sabres goalie I can remember. 

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

He just hit a wall. Maybe his private life had some issues. Who knows? 

21 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Someone better tell @New Scotland (NS) it's time to report for duty. Break is over, son.

NS reporting for duty!!

When's puck drop.  I'm so ready.  I really missed the Sabres on this, what seemed like forever, break.

NIW TSUM!!

OG SERBAS!!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

If he wins half of games in that losing streak we are in playoff position.  Even 1/4 puts us in a good place.  His play is worse than as any Sabres goalie I can remember. 

That's the rub. We aren't off to a hot start without him, but we aren't crushed and unable to play our backup these past 3 months if he just plays his record (.500 with plenty of OT/SO losses where we get points and giving the team a chance to win). If he'd played steady all season and collected OT points for us, fine. But it's been 3 months of junk, which impacts Ullmark, too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.