GDT - January 28th, 2020 - Senators @ Sabres, 7 PM ET (WGR/MSG/NHL Network)

Doohickie

Not sure what is worse: Being a fan that is angry, or a fan like me now that just goes 'meh' and dosent really care how the team is doing. The Sabres have made me care so much less about hockey and if I am running the organization, that mindset is much more concerning then one that is still passionate and cares even if angry.

I used to really support Botterill: But considering that the organization has a lot of movement that can be made, and perhaps a high draft pick on the horizon, and considering how JBot has built this franchise to this point, is this truly the guy that the Pegula's want to trust help shape the franchise for yet another 3-5 years, a team with mediocre goaltending, lack of grit and physicality, and depth at center?

I have to say NO way. It's time to clean house.

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Not sure what is worse: Being a fan that is angry, or a fan like me now that just goes 'meh' and dosent really care how the team is doing. The Sabres have made me care so much less about hockey and if I am running the organization, that mindset is much more concerning then one that is still passionate and cares even if angry.

I used to really support Botterill: But considering that the organization has a lot of movement that can be made, and perhaps a high draft pick on the horizon, and considering how JBot has built this franchise to this point, is this truly the guy that the Pegula's want to trust help shape the franchise for yet another 3-5 years, a team with mediocre goaltending, lack of grit and physicality, and depth at center?

I have to say NO way. It's time to clean house.

Being indifferent is much worse for the Sabres, probably better for your soul. If your angry, you still care and are most likely still consuming their product. 

Indifference will lead to complete abandonment of their product. No ticket sales, no concessions, no merch, no expensive cable/satellite/streaming service.  

IMHO, the Sabres are pushing fans to indifference. A year or two of suckitude will get anger, a decade of incompetence, will get abandonment.  It's much harder to get those fans back as opposed to angry fans. 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3

I was at the game last night(freebie).  A few thoughts...

- Highlight of the night...Roast Beef from the Poor Mans Aud Club

- This team is boring...or maybe it is the NHL product.  No hitting, no great chances...NOTHING.

- This team is going nowhere with a blueline full of PMD.  They are soft and would get destroyed in the playoffs...if and when they make it there.

- Arena is dead.  The Pegula era has sapped any enthusiasm out of the paying customers...that is the ones who are still bothering to show up.

- What the heck was RK doing pulling the goalie during a PP with 2:30 minutes to go in a 1 goal game?

- A serious lack of in game replays(especially penalty calls).  Once again arena presentation gets a failing grade.  New girl(s) doing presentations/promotions are about as vanilla as could be.  Not sure if they are college interns, but as boring as could be. Didn't they have the 97 rock guy filling this role earlier in the season?

That's all I've got.  I made two trips to the arena this year.  First time was a 1-0 shutout loss to the Islanders, and this mess to a team that won 5 road games all season.  I'm done for the year.

42 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Jokiharu and Pilut were flat awful last night. Ottawa pressured and out muscled them in DZ, this has become a more common theme as the season has progressed. This subject is not discussed because these guys are popular, our problems are more than the role guys up front.

You realize you could start a thread on this subject instead of bitching about ppl not discussing it right? 

On 1/28/2020 at 5:49 AM, DarthEbriate said:

RALPHO: All right, nine of 10 at home after the All-Star Game. Ready to get back in that playoff race?

RALPHO: Punch it!

<the sound of the Millennium Sabre sputtering; the view of stars remaining static through the canopy>

RALPHO: They told me they fixed it! I trusted them to fix it!  (Although by all counts, Coach K would take the blame like a good coach)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

This....

I've been here for a while now.  I am not impressed with RFK as a coach.  I'm not saying it's time to get rid of him, I just haven't seen the results yet.

I don't have a good opinion of motivational speakers in general, and he definitely talks that talk, which makes me very cynical about anything he says.  If the players buy in and the team improves though, it doesn't matter what I think of what he says.

47 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've been here for a while now.  I am not impressed with RFK as a coach.  I'm not saying it's time to get rid of him, I just haven't seen the results yet.

I don't have a good opinion of motivational speakers in general, and he definitely talks that talk, which makes me very cynical about anything he says.  If the players buy in and the team improves though, it doesn't matter what I think of what he says.

The master motivator coach works until the message gets stale with the veterans. I hate to refer to Carroll in Seattle --- but why does the ra,ra,ra work for him? Because the players enjoy it when they're competing for spots --- AND --- because the team hit on every single draft pick for a few years, plus an MVP-caliber QB (rookie contract or now otherwise) whose every deep ball and scramble drill in the second half of a game resulted in a clutch first down or big play, and it resulted in a ton of wins. But if Seahawks don't nail all those draft picks and their QB (Shameless love Matty Flynn! plug) is Flynn instead of Wilson --- then Carroll is long since out of a head coaching job.

RK's not getting results because it's Jack/Reino/Olofsson or nothing and they're not enough to carry everyone for a full season.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I love Geico's commercials, but they've never given me a decent quote on my ker insurnce.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.