Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Sabres Signing Marcus Johansson 2 years 4.5 Million AAV

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ... said:

Should be a huge upgrade from Thompson!

Yet another guy I completely forgot about

We have sooooo many wingers, somebody is getting moved with Risto

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ... said:

Yeah, that's cool.  We're the experiment.  If he "finally recovers" then we have a good player until he gets hit again.  As I said, the term is what makes this signing okay, but not really okay, but...

Basically.  Though I do disagree with your general pessimistic slant on the situation, haha.

If he didn’t have the concussion issues in the past, he probably would have gotten 5.5x5 or something like that.  Because he had the issues, he got 4.5x2.  So I guess we’ll see, but as I said, he looked recovered and back to his old self towards the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Funny enough teacher's I know stopped using red pen for that exact reason

True. I use green, purple or black - whatevers closest. Sometimes if I can't find a pen I'll just use a crayon. Parents don't like it when I do that though haha.

Edited by steveoath
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Basically.  Though I do disagree with your general pessimistic slant on the situation, haha.

If he didn’t have the concussion issues in the past, he probably would have gotten 5.5x5 or something like that.  Because he had the issues, he got 4.5x2.  So I guess we’ll see, but as I said, he looked recovered and back to his old self towards the end of the season.

I really shouldn't be so pessimistic.  Like I said, remove the stats from the prior two seasons and I might be thrilled.  I don't recall his game from the playoffs, either, so I have no eye-test recollection to go on.  

These guys with injuries, though, coming in with the hopes of rebounding; we've been bit by that bug one too many times.  I hope it works out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yet another guy I completely forgot about

We have sooooo many wingers, somebody is getting moved with Risto

we do have lots of wingers, and 3-4 d-men.  only Dahlin seems to be a 1-2 guy and most of our wingers are 3rd or 4th liners

Edited by Sabre fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jad1 said:

So the plan is to move a 3rd line left winger to right wing on the 1st line?  That will help Jack?  

If this is the plan, this team is in serious trouble this season. 

 

First of all, not even the Stanley Cup champions are running 40-50 point wingers on their 3rd line.

Secondly, if the stated goal of having Reinhart drive a 2nd line holds, the other options for 1RW are 15-goal men Sheary, Okposo and Vesey or a bunch of unproven kids who have yet to combine for 15 in their NHL careers. So yes, it might help Jack,  not that Jack needs help to be effective.

The plan is to get better. Not every move is going to be Skinner for scraps. 

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

we do have lots of wingers, and 3-4 d-men.  only Dahlin seems to be a 1-2 guy and most of our wingers are 3rd or 4th liners

I think Montour is a top pairing guy too

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I think Montour is a top pairing guy too

really? okay that is a good start back on D...we for sure have lots of 3-4 and 5-6 guys...we so need another center though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I think Montour is a top pairing guy too

I don't think he is. But Dahlin is so good I'm fine with running a bunch of 2nd pair guys behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't think he is. But Dahlin is so good I'm fine with running a bunch of 2nd pair guys behind him.

Really? I mean not everyone can be a #1 guy, I think he can definitely be a 2nd d man on a good team. I can't do it now but I would bet if you took the top 2 guy on contending teams Montour is as good if not better than half of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ... said:

These guys with injuries, though, coming in with the hopes of rebounding; we've been bit by that bug one too many times. 

Who are you thinking of?  

Oh: probably Okposo

Edited by Curt
Okposo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

First of all, not even the Stanley Cup champions are running 40-50 point wingers on their 3rd line.

Secondly, if the stated goal of having Reinhart drive a 2nd line holds, the other options for 1RW are 15-goal men Sheary, Okposo and Vesey or a bunch of unproven kids who have yet to combine for 15 in their NHL careers. So yes, it might help Jack,  not that Jack needs help to be effective.

The plan is to get better. Not every move is going to be Skinner for scraps. 

Yeah, but that's not what grumpy old / young men on here want to hear. They're arguing about graphs and other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Really? I mean not everyone can be a #1 guy, I think he can definitely be a 2nd d man on a good team. I can't do it now but I would bet if you took the top 2 guy on contending teams Montour is as good if not better than half of them

I'll take that bet. Now we just have to hope a third party does the leg work because lord knows neither of us are doing it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Who are you thinking of?  

He's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Do you honestly think it's fair to require people to explain the graphs continuously? After all, not everyone will see the explanations, so it'll have to be with every post. I think that's an unfair expectation of posters. The charts are created at evolving-hockey.com, and there's an explanation there of what they are for those curious. 

Why don't you start a "Fancy Stats Club" and this way whenever someone has a question they can get the answer there.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

we do have lots of wingers, and 3-4 d-men.  only Dahlin seems to be a 1-2 guy and most of our wingers are 3rd or 4th liners

I could be a smart arse and say “yeah, about half of them!”  But really there is Skinner, Reino, Johansson now.  Olofsson and Vesey both have the chance to produce at that level, though I have more hope for Olofsson.  I don’t think the wing depth is far off from where it needs to be to be good.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jsb said:

Why don't you start a "Fancy Stats Club" and this way whenever someone has a question they can get the answer there.

Because, again, that's putting the onus on myself and others to constantly explain. I don't mind doing it here and there, but two things. First, I don't pretend to be the absolute authority on thee things. Second, it would be a lot faster for people to go to the sourced locations. One question can quickly lead to another and before you know it I may as well have copied and pasted the methods section of another site. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildCard said:

I know he's not Leino but that reeks of Leino

Two year deal with s reasonable cap hit.  Don’t think this is Leino but worst case even if he is this is manageable.  His hit comes off the books before Dahlin next contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to E.P. he is "A team player with some leadership qualities."     I think this is also very important for us.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

 I think it should be a banning offense to post those charts without context/explanation of what a person means when they post them. 

j alexander wtf GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Completely forgot he existed to be honest

Let's hope we all feel this way in 6 months 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the morning working on my rental property in Mass... nice surprise upon getting back on the road.  I think many will be surprised by Johanssen especially when healthy.  He works hard, skates well, great passer... I am excited!

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, inkman said:

Let's hope we all feel this way in 6 months 

There is always a risk with any signing.  At least it's isn't a 6 year 6 million per season deal for a 4th line player.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

JBot should be fired for this signing. He was suppose to completely neglect the 2C so that he could he fired at the end of the season for not upgrading the 2C. What is he thinking?!?

 angry inside out GIF by Disney Pixar

Oh stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Curt said:

I could be a smart arse and say “yeah, about half of them!”  But really there is Skinner, Reino, Johansson now.  Olofsson and Vesey both have the chance to produce at that level, though I have more hope for Olofsson.  I don’t think the wing depth is far off from where it needs to be to be good.

I also think TT gets there ad an outside chance that Nylander does though guessing hes 30-70.  TT has shown me the work effort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...