GDT: Blackhawks @ Sabres 2/1/2019, 7PM EST

SABRES 0311

1 minute ago, jame said:

I don’t think Hutton sucks. 

Housley is not a good game day coach, and he’s handicapped even further by his GM.

I don't think Hutton sucks either. He gave up 4 when they beat Columbus but made timely huge stops in the 3rd and the Sabre won. Coaching is killing us. Honest.

7 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I can't get this thought out of my head.  Chicago is having a poor season and will not make the playoffs.  In the first period, Kane gets rocked by Risto and their captain jumps in and takes on our biggest and meanest player on the ice without hesitation.  Does anybody think Eichel would do that if Skinner got rocked by another team's D-man?  I don't see it happening. 

Chicago has nothing to play for, yet their captain leads by example.  Our captain was -3 until just now and looked like he didn't give a crap! 

Please  stop.  Eichel plays harder than anyone in this team.   Stamkos and Crosby never fight anyone either.  There are 20 other players you can point at.  

• Like (+1) 1

Questionable line-up decisions, terrible powerplay, inconsistent effort level, and seemingly completely clueless when it comes to managing his goaltenders. 

If we didn't have so much turn over so recently, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd already be gone. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

If either of the following things happens, I am done:

1. Duffer laughs during the intermission.

2. Hutton starts the third.

Not fair, PA.  Duffer would laugh if he got kicked in the nuts.

Just now, Thorny said:

Questionable line-up decisions, terrible powerplay, inconsistent effort level, and seemingly completely clueless when it comes to managing his goaltenders. 

If we didn't have so much turn over so recently, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd already be gone. 

Yeah Terry is not paying for two Coaches to sit ... we are stuck with PH

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Please  stop.  Eichel plays harder than anyone in this team.   Stamkos and Crosby never fight anyone either.  There are 20 other players you can point at.  

Stamkos fought literally last night. Crosby has fought before

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Sorry, but I don't see it.  I see a lot of gliding and reaching vs. skating and tenacity.  IMHO, there are other players who show more effort with less talent on this team.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

1.  Thompson would destroy Seabrook.

2.  Housley is an ass.  Why is Carter Hutton playing in this game?  Is he out of his mind?

Seriously man, I’m 60 and I have a replacement knee, and given the choice I would much rather fight Tags than Seabrook.  

We will see Tage in the 3rd period, he will have his chance with Seabrook.  I’m better there is no response.  Hope I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, eman said:

I don't think Hutton sucks either. He gave up 4 when they beat Columbus but made timely huge stops in the 3rd and the Sabre won. Coaching is killing us. Honest.

I don't know, Hutton's positioning is just awful.  He's not a butterfly goalie, he just relies on his reflexes, which are spotty. I think he gives up soft goals because he doesn't take the bottom of the net away.

I agree about housley.  His system is to have the D push the puck, which is going to lead to turnovers.  Playing that style, you need solid goaltending, and Hutton has been shakey for the last month.  

For that reason, I have no idea why Ullmark hasn't started the majority of games since Xmas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.