GDT: Blackhawks @ Sabres 2/1/2019, 7PM EST

SABRES 0311

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Stamkos fought literally last night. Crosby has fought before

Toews did not fight either., he jumped a guy from behind.  Risto is no fighter.  He hits, he agitates, but his gloves stay on. 

Stamkos fought Malkin last night, sure, he got close, throw two softies, and get tossed on the ice.  Not much of a fight. 

Edited by Pimlach

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

I don't know, Hutton's positioning is just awful.  He's not a butterfly goalie, he just relies on his reflexes, which are spotty. I think he gives up soft goals because he doesn't take the bottom of the net away.

I agree about housley.  His system is to have the D push the puck, which is going to lead to turnovers.  Playing that style, you need solid goaltending, and Hutton has been shakey for the last month.  

For that reason, I have no idea why Ullmark hasn't started the majority of games since Xmas.

I cannot back Phil Housley as coach at all now. The pp is hot garbage and has been for too long. We have guys who can put the puck in the net but we aren't even generating chances with the man advantage. He can go at any time and I will not miss him one iota. He is squandering the talent here. 

Botterill was asked by Mike Schopp what goes into the lineup decisions. He mentioned he gives his opinions to Phil.

Jason Nightengale also gives his ideas on what works best from an analytics standpoint.  

He finished by saying the final lineup decision ultimately rests with Phil however 

Ullmark in net 

3 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Can somebody tell me why Hutton is still getting playing time? 

What a waste he's become. He wants to be a starter...... I'm sure Enroth would accept being a backup. And he's do a better job than Hutton. 

I liked Enroth. I thought he got a raw deal here. When he became the starter here, he had a good stretch that got the Sabres some points but they were told to tank so he got dealt, which left Neuvirth. Then Neuvirth got in a groove and got us more points and he was swiftly dealt. Jhonas might have been a good one but alas, we'll never know.

5 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Can somebody tell me why Hutton is still getting playing time? 

What a waste he's become. He wants to be a starter...... I'm sure Enroth would accept being a backup. And he's do a better job than Hutton. 

The time to get off the Enroth bandwagon was...about four years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, eman said:

I don't think Hutton sucks either. He gave up 4 when they beat Columbus but made timely huge stops in the 3rd and the Sabre won. Coaching is killing us. Honest.

Housley is a bad coach... Botts is a bad GM... the results speak for themselves 

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Botterill was asked by Mike Schopp what goes into the lineup decisions. He mentioned he gives his opinions to Phil.

Jason Nightengale also gives his ideas on what works best from an analytics standpoint.  

He finished by saying the final lineup decision ultimately rests with Phil however 

Ullmark in net 

He's been around forever and the organization continues to make mind boggling decisions. Either they keep hiring people who don't listen to him or he isn't very good. 

Just now, eman said:

I liked Enroth. I thought he got a raw deal here. When he became the starter here, he had a good stretch that got the Sabres some points but they were told to tank so he got dealt, which left Neuvirth. Then Neuvirth got in a groove and got us more points and he was swiftly dealt. Jhonas might have been a good one but alas, we'll never know.

Teams like big goaltenders now. No matter how good he was, teams think he's too small. 

Sabres fans complained about Lehner's inability to win shootout games. Enroth holds the NHL record with most consecutive shootout saves. 

At this point, I'd take him over Hutton any day and let Ullmark be the starter. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.