GDT - Sabres @ Calgary - January 16, 2019 - 9:30 PM - SN360; SN1; MSG-B

Sabres Fan in NS

37 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Reading some of my recent posts I realize how negative I have been. 

Sabres need to use some speed tonight. If they get space like they did in EDM they have to capitalize. 

I have spent more time and $$ on this crap team over the last 5 years (and plenty before) than I care to admit. That 10 game streak got me out of my slump but as far as being negative, I am right back there myself. I wish that streak would have never happened because it is beyond pathetic that Buffalo can still be this bad, this many years later. That Oilers game just shows that the leadership on this team is totally lacking. It's a bunch of guys with a loser mentality and knowing that, fans can be as negative and critical as they want.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I have spent more time and $$ on this crap team over the last 5 years (and plenty before) than I care to admit. That 10 game streak got me out of my slump but as far as being negative, I am right back there myself. I wish that streak would have never happened because it is beyond pathetic that Buffalo can still be this bad, this many years later. That Oilers game just shows that the leadership on this team is totally lacking. It's a bunch of guys with a loser mentality and knowing that, fans can be as negative and critical as they want.

The Oilers game is a weird example to get too hung up on. I know they got crushed on the score sheet, but offensively they played a pretty good game. They had a lot more opportunities from the slot than they had in previous games. They equaled the Oilers in shots in the slot at 14.

The problem is that the Oilers scored on 7 of the 14 shots they took from the slot. Buffalo scored on only 2 of 14.

Defense/Goaltending/Puck luck is what killed them. They need to clean things up in front of their goalies and they need their goalies to be a little better/lucky.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Reading some of my recent posts I realize how negative I have been. 

Sabres need to use some speed tonight. If they get space like they did in EDM they have to capitalize. 

"We know the way we need to play," he said. "It's tight checking and limiting the other team's opportunities, trying to play in their end and grind them down. It just seems like we're getting into too much of a track meet lately and probably it's costing us. 

This was an Eichel quote post-game Oilers. 

It sounds more like a "slow things down" kind of game. Although, "trying to play in their end and grind them down" seems like speed is needed.

2 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

"We know the way we need to play," he said. "It's tight checking and limiting the other team's opportunities, trying to play in their end and grind them down. It just seems like we're getting into too much of a track meet lately and probably it's costing us. 

It sounds more like a "slow things down" kind of game. Although, "trying to play in their end and grind them down" seems like speed is needed.

It's about possession. You can skate hard all you want, but it's better to have the puck while you're doing it. You can't just be going up and down the ice giving the puck away and taking it back. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It's about possession. You can skate hard all you want, but it's better to have the puck while you're doing it. You can't just be going up and down the ice giving the puck away and taking it back. 

This also applies to hits. The Instigators would get excited about how many hits the Sabres had the night before, not realizing the only reason to hit the opposing team is because you never had the puck

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

If he means slow down how fast they make plays I’m not sure that’s possible unless they go backwards in time. Risto practically lives behind our own net, they still use the drop pass on the PP and Jack ties the puck to a string dragging it around until someone slaps it away. I’ll buy what he’s selling when it translates on the ice.

There I go being negative again.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This also applies to hits. The Instigators would get excited about how many hits the Sabres had the night before, not realizing the only reason to hit the opposing team is because you never had the puck

Peter's game? No thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

This team needs to get out of this free-fall in the standings. It can start tonight with a win, and a win in Vancouver. The Sabres of the past decade or so were incapable of any kind of winning streak. I don't think I'll ever like Housley as a coach, but i was willing to live with him the way they were playing in November. If the rest of the season plays out the way December onwards has gone then he better be on the hot-seat as this type of play should be unacceptable.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.