GDT Buffalo Sabres at Columbus 7pm ET 10/27/2018

jsb

I'm disappointed we lost but feel even more reassured that the team is different. In the past they would of folded up their tents at the end of 2 and been easily swatted away by CBJ during the 3rd. Instead we tied it back up, had opportunities to score in 3rd to take the lead and just fell short on a sniper shot by Panarin. We got another point in the standings, EVERY POINT COUNTS!!!!!

• Like (+1) 5

Ullmark did not play well tonight, Hutton still owns the starting job at this point. The Sabres played a fun game and when they got down, they played hard. 

The PP, looks anemic, they got the one goal, but this game was sloppy from a bouncing Puck and players falling all over standpoint, that didn't help, idk if the ice was bad, but I noticed it a lot out there. 

Columbus is good (I think) and we kept up and could have easily won it, so I will take it and hope we continue this same style 

• Like (+1) 1

From HFBoards:

Hey guys.

Aside from both teams playing with invisible defense, I was honestly impressed with your guys’ game. Reading the mains this past week, I had saw many people claiming that you guys are legit and I can confirm. Again, I was really impressed. Definitely can see you guys pulling a 2017-2018 Avs and be this year’s sleeper team. Skinner looks rejuvenated. And Eichel was all over the ice tonight (in a good way). Ullmark had phenomenal stats coming into tonight and I truly believe that he is one of the most underrated goalies in the league without a doubt (putting aside tonight’s performance).

Sincerely, a CBJ fan.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

What. A. Game.  I'm so glad I stuck with this--and even happier that I went out to watch the third period.  (My friends weren't too happy with me because I'd only talk during breaks.)  

I'll take that point on the road against a team that's third in it's division, especially with the pluck the Sabs showed coming back down by two.  Yes, there was a depressing power play in there, and yes, they lost, but I'm happy overall.

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Put Dahlin out there next time 

On the road after a two-goal comeback? Yep.  Why not?  

At home after giving up a lead, well, maybe I want someone more seasoned.

But if this set of circumstances happens again, I'd like to see Dahlin get a shot with Eichel and Skinner--or maybe Eichel and Pominville.

Edited by Eleven

Missed the game tonight because I was at GA/FLA game in Jacksonville.  

Went to watch the game when I got back to the hotel.  On the NHL app I have it set to hide the scores, but f..ing NHL has a story showing the score in the headline.  Kind of ruined the fun. Jerks.

Happy for Mitts and another two goal comeback.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

That was a really exciting game.  CBJ is a very good, fast team.  And Panarin is an elite scorer.

I thought CBJ had more scoring chances overall, but the Sabres went toe-to-toe with them on quite a few occasions and Ullmark played well despite giving up 5.

I sure would've liked to have seen some more OT hockey.

Still:  you have to like coming back again down 2 in the 3rd period on the road against an upper echelon team.

I seriously respect Columbus as a team, and think they'd have several playoff series wins in the last few years had they not hit the cup winner in the first round every single time. 

I walked out the door at 4-2, so this was a pleasant result to come back to. 

Most of the names people were surprised about in a bad way today are the guys who were questionable in the pregame skate, so they're definitely banged up. Hope everyone is back to normal on Tuesday. 

I'll take this point for sure. Sandwich it with another win on Tuesday!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.