GDT: Bruins at Sabres. Oct 4 7PM

spndnchz

Well, the NHL doesn't consider a Buffalo Sabre to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense.… But the season will not be easy. We are required to maneuver 82 games and win (or lose in OT/SO) to gain points. The target area is two points per win. And there’s a small loser point, if the game goes to OT. The points lead directly to the playoff system. A precise number of wins will start a chain reaction which should achieve the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Looking forward to the game tonight.  The Eichel line looks like it could be quite good and I can't wait to see the development of the kid on the blue line.

I will go on record as predicting a strong comeback season, a respectable, decent point total, but no playoffs for us again this year.  Hope I'm wrong, believe me.  I'm starting to forget what Sabres playoffs game day feels like.

3 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Beaulieu and Nelson, with Tennyson sitting.  Interesting.

Housley's keeping an open mind, which is good, because, while metrics from last year suggested Beaulieu-Tennyson,  Nelson is better than Tennyson.

I don't think it's interesting at all.  Tennyson is only here because any other option is someone who needs to be playing as opposed to sitting in the press box.  If there's a single injury, he will be bypassed by the player that is recalled.

I am looking forward to tonight's game. I am going with my son. Seeing as he is the one who talked me into seasons for just one more try dad? So i got suckered in again. Although I think they have a legit shot at major improvement even an outside shot at the "p" word if the goalie works out well.

26 minutes ago, stenbaro said:

I am looking forward to tonight's game. I am going with my son. Seeing as he is the one who talked me into seasons for just one more try dad? So i got suckered in again. Although I think they have a legit shot at major improvement even an outside shot at the "p" word if the goalie works out well.

This is awesome.  No matter what happens this season, the energy in the building leading up to puck drop will be an indicator of what this fan base CAN do.  Hold onto that because not all of us will get to experience it.

30 minutes ago, stenbaro said:

You should feel lucky.  I wish one of my kids would try and talk me into season tix.

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Looking forward to the game tonight.  The Eichel line looks like it could be quite good and I can't wait to see the development of the kid on the blue line.

I will go on record as predicting a strong comeback season, a respectable, decent point total, but no playoffs for us again this year.  Hope I'm wrong, believe me.  I'm starting to forget what Sabres playoffs game day feels like.

Comeback from what... ?  Been too long down to comeback... 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Opening night with Dahlin and all WGR wants to talk about is football. Unreal

They just finished the usual game day 20 minute segment with Rob Ray.

They've been talking hockey on and off for last 2 hours.

That's where I picked up on the 455 day stat posted above; that's a Mike Schopp thing; he's been keeping track of that for a while.

It's always funny to see these sorts of complaints, though, b/c the Sabres folks complain about Bills talk; the Bills folks at Bills forums complain about anything to do with the Sabres.

They have to try and balance both teams.

19 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

They just finished the usual game day 20 minute segment with Rob Ray.

They've been talking hockey on and off for last 2 hours.

That's where I picked up on the 455 day stat posted above; that's a Mike Schopp thing; he's been keeping track of that for a while.

It's always funny to see these sorts of complaints, though, b/c the Sabres folks complain about Bills talk; the Bills folks at Bills forums complain about anything to do with the Sabres.

They have to try and balance both teams

Missed that part but still the Sabres open tonight and the Bills don't even play

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Aren’t you guys forgetting Fasching?

My memory was incomplete.  Denis Hamel.  Congrats to Sabres79.

I don’t know if Fasching was first shift.  First game, for sure.  There’s a reasonably long list of first game with Buffalo players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.