Jalen Ramsey thinks he could play in the NHL with 6 months training

PromoTheRobot

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/pro-trash-talker-jalen-ramsey-thinks-play-nhl-162935133.html

The star cornerback of the Jacksonville Jaguars calls other players overrated or trash. What does it say when he thinks he could play in the NHL with 6 months training? I'd like to see him try...but he has to learn to skate first. ?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Smart guy.  As someone who is fluent in trash talking, I can tell you this tactic buys you an "out" later on down the road.  Let's say a quarterback blows him up during a game.   Now Ramsey can say "man, I say a lot of stupid stuff.  I can't even skate and I said I could play in the NHL within 6 months." 

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!

Jalen --- if you end your football training now... if you choose the quick and easy path as I did, you will become an agent of evil.

That said, I love the attitude. And perhaps he's thinking of Erin Jackson, our US Olympian who had been doing inline skating and then went to short track ice and qualified for the Olympics in just a few months. The thing is... she's been skating since she was a kid. She had competed at very high levels and knew what she was doing -- just had to change equipment and surfaces.

The biggest question is: can Jalen skate? If he can already skate at an elite level -- sure, go for it. Because even the worst ECHL-er can skate well compared to a neophyte. Otherwise, learning to skate, stickhandle, and to see the ice at NHL speed? I think he'd be almost as useless out on the ice as I would.

50 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Really? No reaction to Eichel's comments on Ramsey's verbal diarrhea? I thought it showed leadership to speak up for the players of the NHL.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/06/sabres-star-jack-eichel-calls-jalen-ramseys-comments-ignorant/

Well... I didn't read it because I don't give a crap about Jalen Ramsey and at this point I feel like I've already heard his name too much for someone as pathetic as he clearly is.  He's a friggin blowhard and who's got time for that?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Really? No reaction to Eichel's comments on Ramsey's verbal diarrhea? I thought it showed leadership to speak up for the players of the NHL.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/06/sabres-star-jack-eichel-calls-jalen-ramseys-comments-ignorant/

I felt as though Eichel came off as a humourless cement head. Lighten up, Francis.

Ramsey's a brash sh1t talker. He's basically playing a WWE/F character who's in the middle of the ring with a mic.

Nathan MacKinnon (sp?) got it right. I can't find his comments at the moment, but he got that it was just stuff and nonsense -- to be laughed at, if anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thought it was weak. It was s### talk 101. Evander and Mac get it and they s### talked him right back. Jack and a bunch of the other guys got all wounded. 

Aannnnnnnd, I'll tread super lightly here, but I will add that the use of the word "ignorant" in this particular context struck me.

Based on my experience living in the Boston area (admittedly half a lifetime ago), that word is sometimes as a bit of a coded term, not unlike how "thug" gets used.

Mind you: I don't think Eichel would intend to use the word that way, whether consciously or subconsciously. But local lexicon has a way of seeping into your cortex.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Which one? 

I can't remember, and we posted in a lot of threads yesterday. I'd just bet money on it because of the vivid deja vu that reading this this morning gave me, in particular, to yesterday morning when I did the same thing

But it's better to have it mentioned here in this thread anyway, so I only meant to comment on us not being as slow on the uptake as it appears! 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I felt as though Eichel came off as a humourless cement head. Lighten up, Francis.

Ramsey's a brash sh1t talker. He's basically playing a WWE/F character who's in the middle of the ring with a mic.

Nathan MacKinnon (sp?) got it right. I can't find his comments at the moment, but he got that it was just stuff and nonsense -- to be laughed at, if anything.

I took it better. Like Eichel standing up for the NHL players. Of course Ramsey is a clown but when you don't respond to such ass-hattery you give him the last word unchallenged.

Aannnnnnnd, I'll tread super lightly here, but I will add that the use of the word "ignorant" in this particular context struck me.

Based on my experience living in the Boston area (admittedly half a lifetime ago), that word is sometimes as a bit of a coded term, not unlike how "thug" gets used.

Mind you: I don't think Eichel would intend to use the word that way, whether consciously or subconsciously. But local lexicon has a way of seeping into your cortex.

And I'll join you on that thin ice. I've read several opinions that Ramsey's takes have a racial component as well. I guess you can take any thing any way.

Same

It is literally the definition and perfect use of the word 'ignorant'. Jalen Ramsey is ignorant as to how difficult it is to play in the NHL

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Dude.

That's 2 different threads in which you've imputed -- in the same day! -- racism as the motivation behind the actions of others whom you don't know.

Although you are far from alone in this unfortunate mindset, it is highly destructive and, IMHO, is a big reason that our society finds itself polarized and attacking one other with increasing intensity.

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Dude.

That's 2 different threads in which you've imputed -- in the same day! -- racism as the motivation behind the actions of others whom you don't know.

Although you are far from alone in this unfortunate mindset, it is highly destructive and, IMHO, is a big reason that our society finds itself polarized and attacking one other with increasing intensity.

Well said!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.