Prediction time: which under-the-radar guy will make the NHL roster?

nfreeman

Who's the sleeper agent?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which under-the-radar guy will make the NHL roster out of camp?

• Pilut
    • Hickey
    • CJ Smith
    • Nylander
    • O'Regan
    • Asplund
    • Oglevie
    • Olofsson
    • Malone
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Once the season starts, who will be the first one to get called up and stick with the Sabres?

• Pilut
    • Hickey
    • CJ Smith
    • Nylander
    • O'Regan
    • Asplund
    • Oglevie
    • Olofsson
    • Malone
    • None of the above

It's weird, this is the first season in a while where I feel like the pro team is close to being all set. CJ Smith was my camp guy. I could see them putting Sobotka and Berglund at center and I could see Smith pushing out Zemgus or Larsson on the wing. 

Pilut was my call up. Sometime in November there will be an injury and Pilut will come up. That's that. I think this is a long shot but hey it is still the offseason so whatever. 

• Like (+1) 1

Like this poll idea. It deserves some bold predictions.

I think the world of Rasmus Asplund. He’s just a very smart, very determined hockey player who refuses to let his opponent beat him. He might be small, but he’s played against men for four years now. He brings everything Girgensons, Wilson and Larsson do already, but has more skill. He will eventually replace ROR, minus the 25 PP points and 4 or 5 minutes a night.

He is almost certainly pencilled in to Rochester, but he will do everything in his power to change minds. I don’t think any of these guys make it out of camp, but if one does, he’s the guy.

I do not think the world of Alex Nylander, but I suspect he is going to raise a few eyebrows with his offence this year with the Amerks. He will force them into a mid-season call-up and produce enough on a scoring line that he sticks.

Also, neither Guhle, nor Thompson start the season in Buffalo.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

I went with Pilut and Oloffson.. Could see CJ too though.  I am assume Ghule makes the team as well.  Would love if Nylander and Asplund do too later in the season pushing out Sobotka, Wilson and Larsson not in any order, though likely one or more because of injury.  Though Wilson to me works well on a checking line Girgenson and CJ Smith.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.