Who Will Have a Better Season - Bills or Sabres?

GASabresIUFAN

Who Has the Better Season - Bills or Sabres?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who Has the Better Season - Bills or Sabres?

• Bills - They make the playoffs and the Sabres still struggle.
    • Sabres - They make the playoffs and the Bills stink without a real QB
    • Bills - play 500 football as Allen gets his feet wet and the Sabres still stink
    • Sabres - The Sabres chase a playoff spot but fall short and the Bills stink as the break in a new QB
    • Neither - both hover around 500 all season
    • Neither - both stink
    • Neither - both make the playoffs

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The Bills earned it last year. I really wish that Ravens loss would have happened in week 5, then the story going in to week 17 would have only been win and they're in, which they did.

I think pi's take is probably spot on, although I don't think the Sabres outlook is as bleak as he does.

9-7 is what you would consider a bubble team....quite often those teams don't make it (or at least some of the 4-6 teams with that record don't). IMO that doesn't constitute "earning it".

I am hopeful they will earn it this year.

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Do you not think the D is going to be much improved?

No. The defense was already very good last year and they’ve gone through a decent level of change. Vontae Davis lost a step a couple years ago and needs to stay healthy. Trent Murphy has had health issues for years and already has them here (I still like this signing but he’s no lock to be good or healthy).

My main concern is that they’re relying heavily on three defensive backs (White, Poyer, Hyde) to repeat performances they’ve never reached in the league before. Corners seem to be the number one victim of sophomore slumps and Poyer/Hyde have never been even close to where they were last year.

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Do you not think the admins going to be much improved?

You’ve been nicer to me so far. ?

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

No. The defense was already very good last year and they’ve gone through a decent level of change. Vontae Davis lost a step a couple years ago and needs to stay healthy. Trent Murphy has had health issues for years and already has them here (I still like this signing but he’s no lock to be good or healthy).

My main concern is that they’re relying heavily on three defensive backs (White, Poyer, Hyde) to repeat performances they’ve never reached in the league before. Corners seem to be the number one victim of sophomore slumps and Poyer/Hyde have never been even close to where they were last year.

You’ve been nicer to me so far. ?

Which is it, corners or offensive linemen?

15 hours ago, Hoss said:

I have a feeling there’s going to be a whole lot of disappointed Bills fan on this board in a few months. I hope not, though.

Agree. Last year Bills record deceiving. Team will fall back to a 4-6 win team.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Which is it, corners or offensive linemen?

Corners have been the big one lately. Offensive linemen have long had that issue -- and a guy like Dawkins is at higher risk with how bad the guys next to him look to be.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been thinking about this topic for a long time recently. How do you define a 'better season'?  I guess your overall place in the league is a good metric.  I still think the Sabres.  I think the Bills are likely to be in the bottom 10 in the league, maybe the bottom 5.  I think (and am hoping) the Sabres are someplace mid-pack in the NHL.  Neither is likely to make the playoffs...I hope I'm wrong on that through, but the Sabres should be closer.

24 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Let's see just how bold you can be......IF the Bills were to trade for Brady or Rodgers and go undefeated, would you still predict the same outcome??? LOL

Only way the Bills end up with more shootout losses is if they trade for Jalen Ramsey.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.