Eichel switching to #9 (OFFICIAL)

Hoss

Eichel changes to 9  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which number do you prefer for Eichel?

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

Also, the next phase could be even bigger than the contract if they show the front side of these photos and the C is on it.

I'm quite sure Eichel doesn't officially know if he will be C this year.  I expect it will be announced coming out of training camp.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Remember when Cory Conacher asked Patrick Kane if he could wear 88 in Buffalo? That was awkward.

Yep. 

“Hey Patty, I’m probably a lifer in the A, but do you mind if I....?”

Jack picks 9? 

I love it!

2020-21 is also a lockout season, so that’s something we have to look forward to.

Finally get royal blue then bam lockout. It’s also Vancouver’s 50th, so I could see an outdoor game between the two. Or just both of us getting our own.

Buffalo vs Toronto and Vancouver vs Seattle.

21 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I find this news weird and somewhat troubling. What does it say if a number means that much to a player? Is Eichel the jello-brainiest Sabre since "Zen master" Millsie?

I keep thinking the franchise has bottomed out.

Sidney Crosby's cap his is $8.7 million to match his number. Pittsburgh seems to be doing just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Sidney Crosby's cap his is $8.7 million to match his number. Pittsburgh seems to be doing just fine.

If Eichel asks for $9M instead of $15M on his next extension, I’ll like this change even more!!

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Everything in Crosby's life is based on his birth date ... August 7, 1987.  Which is rather OCDish.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I am a card carrying member of the OCD club.

I'm sure you know that.

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Oh, Steve.  Honey... just no.  

Exactly.  We all know it Roysie.

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

2020-21 is also a lockout season, so that’s something we have to look forward to.

Finally get royal blue then bam lockout. It’s also Vancouver’s 50th, so I could see an outdoor game between the two. Or just both of us getting our own.

Buffalo vs Toronto and Vancouver vs Seattle.

So help me god if they lockout that year - the year the Sabres should just be hitting their stride. Please no. Insert Steve Carell yelling gif here. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

And it's not like it's some rando swich from Jack, 9 was always his number and likely would have been what he started with sans Evander. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

And it's not like it's some rando swich from Jack, 9 was always his number and likely would have been what he started with sans Evander. 

11 is actually more his number than 9. He asked for 11 and the Sabres obviously laughed at him (that's actually what they said in the video reveal of 15). But yes, if 9 were available he would've definitely taken that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.