RFA Qualifying Deadline 5pm EDT Today

WildCard

To be specific. Reinhart scored 50pts last season. He scored 37pts in the last 41 games. 

Yeah I know what you were implying, but my point was in the full year he had with Kane he had 47pts in 79 games. I'm not so sure his development in the 2nd half of last year was really anything more than him figuring it out, adjusting to Housley, or having different usage

Yeah I know what you were implying, but my point was in the full year he had with Kane he had 47pts in 79 games. I'm not so sure his development in the 2nd half of last year was really anything more than him figuring it out, adjusting to Housley, or having different usage

Yep. Plus Reinhart was already well into his improved period of play before Kane ever moved. To suggest Kane leaving helped Reinhart to improve is inaccurate.

Edited by Alkoholist

I see that Anthony Duclair was not given an offer by the Blackhawks and is also an UFA.

What's that, three different teams that have given up on him? And he's only 22. He had 20 goals his first year with the Coyotes, but really fell off the last 2 years, and was in the press box more than on the ice for the

Hawks.

Why do we constantly revise history is situations like this?  When the rags traded him, he was still playing in juniors and was the top piece included in the trade that brought them Yandle.  That is not a case of the team giving up on him.  These last two transactions don't look so great, but that first trade is the exact opposite of what we're trying to say about him now.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/nhl-qualifying-offers-breaking-down-who-received-offers-and-who-didn-t

Here is the full list of who and who didn't receive a qualifying offer.  Someone on the "didn't" list is going to find a new team and make an impact.  Someone mentioned Fucale earlier.  It would be interesting to sign him and give him another shot.  The talent was there on draft day.  Maybe a new coach helps him.

Why do we constantly revise history is situations like this?  When the rags traded him, he was still playing in juniors and was the top piece included in the trade that brought them Yandle.  That is not a case of the team giving up on him.  These last two transactions don't look so great, but that first trade is the exact opposite of what we're trying to say about him now.

Like picking nits much? If the Rangers were high on Duclair, he'd likely have been "untouchable", and therefore not included in the Yandle deal, wouldn't you think?

Point stands that he's only 22 and three different teams have traded, or in the case of the Hawks, dumped him. Make of it what you will.

I was reading today that teams may be using this as a negotiating tactic. Remove the leverage of arbitration in an attempt to get a cheaper deal.

It seems like an odd tactic.  I have a hard time imagining arbitration giving the player more leverage than actual free agency would.

As for the list, I feel like Yakupov at this point may just be the biggest first overall flop of all time now.  It's tough to gauge across eras, but the only other competitors I see over the last 30 years are Stefan and DiPietro.  Daigle was the poster boy for years, but I feel like he blows these guys out of the water.

It seems like an odd tactic.  I have a hard time imagining arbitration giving the player more leverage than actual free agency would.

As for the list, I feel like Yakupov at this point may just be the biggest first overall flop of all time now.  It's tough to gauge across eras, but the only other competitors I see over the last 30 years are Stefan and DiPietro.  Daigle was the poster boy for years, but I feel like he blows these guys out of the water.

Once you go through arbitration, you're stuck with that number. So if arbitration declares Scott Wilson worth $4M, we're screwed. But if Scott Wilson asks for $4M, we can negotiate and maybe get the guy we want at a different price

It's still Daigle.

Once you go through arbitration, you're stuck with that number. So if arbitration declares Scott Wilson worth $4M, we're screwed. But if Scott Wilson asks for $4M, we can negotiate and maybe get the guy we want at a different price

Wilson is a great example.  Let's face it, he's not getting much of anything if he goes to arbitration.  Pretty much the only thing I can think of with someone like his is that the team doesn't want him on a one-way deal.  He's a case where the team really doesn't care too much if he goes.  Sheahan would have had a little more leverage with arbitration though.

Like picking nits much? If the Rangers were high on Duclair, he'd likely have been "untouchable", and therefore not included in the Yandle deal, wouldn't you think?

Or they could have been trading the future (Duclair) for the present (Yandle) to fill an area of need.  That kind of trade happens all the time and it doesn't necessarily mean the team had given up on the prospect.

Edited by Doohickie

Or they could have been trading the future (Duclair) for the present (Yandle) to fill an area of need.  That kind of trade happens all the time and it doesn't necessarily mean the team had given up on the prospect.

You have to give something to get something.  Three years in between and Duclair still playing in Quebec at the time.  I'm not going to connect that trade to these two more recent transactions.

It seems like an odd tactic. I have a hard time imagining arbitration giving the player more leverage than actual free agency would.

As for the list, I feel like Yakupov at this point may just be the biggest first overall flop of all time now. It's tough to gauge across eras, but the only other competitors I see over the last 30 years are Stefan and DiPietro. Daigle was the poster boy for years, but I feel like he blows these guys out of the water.

Does Doug Wickenheiser fitin your timeline? Dude had a cup of coffee in the NHL.

OK, more than a cup of joe, but he was the definition of a bust for ages.

Edited by We've

Does Doug Wickenheiser fitin your timeline? Dude had a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Wickenheiser, Greg Joly, & Daigle.

But Yakupov is making a case to be in the discussion.

I have a hard time including some of those guys from that era.  Things were so different back then.  I don't know exactly where I'd draw the line (especially since Hawerchuk was the 1st pick the following years), but I can't imagine there being much hype for most of those guys with how regional things were at that point.  I will say though, it's nice to see Montreal botch the 1st overall pick after all those years where they were just handed the best young players in the world.

edit: And looking over the full list, I had no idea that the Bruins drafted one of the Bee Gees in 1966.

Edited by shrader

I have a hard time including some of those guys from that era.  Things were so different back then.  I don't know exactly where I'd draw the line (especially since Hawerchuk was the 1st pick the following years), but I can't imagine there being much hype for most of those guys with how regional things were at that point.  I will say though, it's nice to see Montreal botch the 1st overall pick after all those years where they were just handed the best young players in the world.

edit: And looking over the full list, I had no idea that the Bruins drafted one of the Bee Gees in 1966.

Not only did Grundman botch Wickenheiser, he did so in the year that Denis Savard came out. Bad enough to miss on the kid, but to miss picking an Anglophile when the Francophile kid was there. Their fans were ready to kill him.

For the record, DiPietro was really good before he got hurt.

For the record, DiPietro was really good before he got hurt.

He'll always be associated with that horrible contract.  He had a best two good seasons his entire career.  They really need to get Wang back in charge of that team.  We all could use the laughs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.