RFA Qualifying Deadline 5pm EDT Today

WildCard

Dougie Hamilton, 2 teams have already given up on him too. Say what you want about his numbers and everything else, but that's two franchises so far.

Evander Kane, he's got two under his belt too. Let's see how long he lasts with the Sharks

Hamilton and Kane were also moved as part of bigger deals. Duclair has practically been given away. And Kane was only moved by the Sabres cause he was an upcoming UFA and they weren't going to sign him to the deal he wanted. If they could have re-signed him to a fair deal they would have.

Duclair keeps getting chances because of his rookie year Nd a couple brief flashes, but he also has a reputation that is causing teams to think he isnt worth the roster spot

Hamilton and Kane were also moved as part of bigger deals. Duclair has practically been given away. And Kane was only moved by the Sabres cause he was an upcoming UFA and they weren't going to sign him to the deal he wanted. If they could have re-signed him to a fair deal they would have.

Duclair keeps getting chances because of his rookie year Nd a couple brief flashes, but he also has a reputation that is causing teams to think he isnt worth the roster spot

My point was Kane and Hamilton have the same personal issues, or so it seems 

My understanding is that Dougie Hamilton is a smart guy who is somewhat of a nerd type and that doesn't always mesh well with the bro types. 

Get that from the museum story?

Calgary beat reporter

Yeah the museum thing is what I'm asking. There's been stories from people in the Flames organization that said instead of hanging out with his team Dougie just went to museums and stuff. Granted there's also been a good amount saying he was not at all happy not starting out on the top pp until January, and that the Flames like Brodie with Giordano a lot more style wise but Dougie obviously wanted to play the top pair

In reading that article, I kept transposing Dougie Hamilton and Ryan O'Reilly; they seem a bit different from the typical NHL temperament.  Then when Freddie popped up he became Cal.  It was weird.  I kept waiting for the declaration that Dougie is a vegetarian.

Perhaps the weirdest thing is that Douglas and Frederick go by Dougie and Freddie.  Weird family?

I still can't take him seriously since he goes by Dougie.

Preczactly.

Edited by Doohickie

My point was Kane and Hamilton have the same personal issues, or so it seems

Get that from the museum story?

difference is that Kane and Hamilton have actually been living up to some of their potential and been good players, Duclair has only shown flashes or glimpses of what be may be able to do. Teams seem to be willing g to give up on him for little to nothing while Kane and Hamilton are getting moved for other talent in trades.

If no one else signs him, bring him in on a PTO.

as much as I believe they should be trying everything to bring in additional talent, I dont think I would bring him in here. This franchise does not have a lockerroom/culture strong enough to bring in someone who may need a strong room and leaders to get his head on straight. It's one of the biggest things they need to do this offseason to try and get things turned around here to get so.e real leaders who can change the atmosphere and culture around. I doubt Duclair would last or be any different of a player if he was brought into this environment right now.

difference is that Kane and Hamilton have actually been living up to some of their potential and been good players, Duclair has only shown flashes or glimpses of what be may be able to do. Teams seem to be willing g to give up on him for little to nothing while Kane and Hamilton are getting moved for other talent in trades.

Yes that's what I'm saying. They have similar levels of production for their position, and are moved a lot. Duclair doesn't, and is moved a lot. All 3 have in common the same personal issues allegedly 

Yes that's what I'm saying. They have similar levels of production for their position, and are moved a lot. Duclair doesn't, and is moved a lot. All 3 have in common the same personal issues allegedly 

I'm not sure you can say their personal issues are "the same."  In fact Kaner is supposedly a party animal while Hamilton is nerdish.  In Buffalo at least, Kane didn't seem to be much of a locker room problem.

I'm not sure you can say their personal issues are "the same."  In fact Kaner is supposedly a party animal while Hamilton is nerdish.  In Buffalo at least, Kane didn't seem to be much of a locker room problem.

Except for the extracurriculars he got certain team members into. 

Except for the extracurriculars he got certain team members into. 

I thought they got past that after early missteps.

That's my point though:  Hamilton is a loner, Kaner anything but.  Personal issues with both perhaps, but not the same.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.