RFA Qualifying Deadline 5pm EDT Today

WildCard

Per Botterill

#Sabres will not qualify Scott Wilson or Victor Antipin

More from Joe Yerdon

Jason Botterill said again they won’t qualify Robin Lehner. They also will not qualify Victor Antipin or Scott Wilson. Not qualifying Wilson so as to avoid arbitration. Hoping to re-sign on July 1

Edited by Brawndo

Interesting on Wilson.

I was surprised when they said he wouldn't receive a qualifying offer.

Nothing about that player is remotely interesting.

I think you sell the guy short.  In every team you need stars but you also need the cogs that make the machine run.  Wilson's best asset is that he plays Housley's system well and is very rarely a liability.  There are a lot of Sabres that would could lose and replace with someone else and never notice the difference.  I think with Wilson the fact that you don't have a guy who is a model of the Housley system and can play on any line would be noticeable in his absence.

We need like an Ultimate JAG Sabre Since 2011 Tournament.  I'm betting Wilson would do quite well.

Okay, I can't disagree with that.

I'm organizing the tournament.  I'll reserve it for the long stretch between July 1st and September Nth.  Taking suggestions for division names, e.g., the Jillson Division.

This will be awesome.

I nominate the Brietenbach (70s), Priestlay (80s), Sutton (90s)

This will be awesome.

I nominate the Brietenbach (70s), Priestlay (80s), Sutton (90s)

I think Priestlay and Sutton are actually worthy of being conference names and not  mere division names.  I don't remember the other guy.

ask and you shall receive, Sabres will not qualify Lehner, Antipin, and Scott Wilson. Wilson's is due to salary arbitration, plan to try and sign him July 1

For some perspective, here is Jason Botterill discussing his plans with qualifying offers and the plan #Sabres @WKBW

Edited by Skurk Liger

The Wilson decision shows how smart JBot is. Instead if letting a 3rd party decide Wilson’s value and possibly create some hard feelings. Instead sit down with him and reach an agreement both sides will be happy with. If Wilson decides to walk, he is replacable. However, guys like Wilson don’t walk. They stay where they are wanted.

This is a fantastic idea, however, I propose this tournament can't be held until the team makes the playoffs.

Nah, I've already got a list of like 29 people.  I'm thinking about giving Wilson and Grant first-round byes.

Matt Ellis has to be a divisional name. He lasted far too long as the supreme JAG.

He's in the contest, so he can't be a division name.  Need guys prior to 2011 for the division names.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.