Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

20 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I understand a spreadsheet could show a Karlsson decline by that much, but the dude's shot is utterly lethal, and he's going to continue to get first line wingers and first line power play time. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's a consistent 30-35 goal player going forward. It would surprise me if he was a 40 goal guy, and if he was a low-20-goal guy. 

I'm in agreement of your overall assessment of Vegas as a solid team that won't be winning 3 playoff series again for a little while.

Yea, ultimately I think Karlsson settles into upper-20s to low-30s. They didn't only lose Perron, but Neal as well. Schmidt just got suspended for 20 games. I like Patches and think he rebounds, but if he doesn't, that's a lot of offense that went out the door. I think the team as a whole played a bit above their talent level. I mean, almost literally, the entire roster had career seasons. I don't think they end up a bottom-5 team or anything, but even a drop from the SC Final to bubble playoff team is a pretty significant fall.

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The player they chose to interview him (and that they chose a player) was so bizarre. Sens fans like Borowiecki the way we like Matt Moulson

awe come on, MM is defintely not a great player anymore, but he is a great person, i had the chance to meet him a few years ago and i was impressed with how humble and kind he was....but i still get your point

4 hours ago, Marions Piazza said:

awe come on, MM is defintely not a great player anymore, but he is a great person, i had the chance to meet him a few years ago and i was impressed with how humble and kind he was....but i still get your point

Right, that's all well and good, but imagine Terry coming out to talk about our future with Matt while ominously leaving Jack out of it amid swirling rumors of him being traded 

those poor Sens fans

Edited by Randall Flagg

41 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Right, that's all well and good, but imagine Terry coming out to talk about our future with Matt while ominously leaving Jack out of it amid swirling tumors of him being traded 

those poor Sens fans

like i said, i do get your point completely, i just have a soft spot for MM.  

what's worse, being a Sens fan or a Bills fan?

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If I was a Senators Fan not sure this would make me feel better. 

I didn't watch it... I got to the point where they spelled Mark Borowiecki as Mark Borowiccki and stopped.

Sweet lord, if you can't even spell your player's name right.. why bother?

Bob McKenzieVerified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 10s10 seconds ago
MorSteve Yzerman has stepped down as GM in TB. Julien Brisebois is the new GM of TB.
1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Huh.  Didn't see that coming.

Has been confirmed by a few people now. Sounds like he will become a Senior Adviser to the team. 

Edited by LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:
Bob McKenzieVerified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 10s10 seconds ago
MorSteve Yzerman has stepped down as GM in TB. Julien Brisebois is the new GM of TB.

Has been confirmed by a few people now. Sounds like he will become a Senior Adviser to the team. 

But why? He's gotta be the best GM in the league right now. And this is all in the middle of them supposedly hunting down Karlsson hard.