Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Why would I hate Miami? They've been roughly as pathetic as us, and we've routinely stomped them during my time watching.

The Bills played the Dolphins with Jim Kelly at quarterback no more than 2 times since I was born, I'm pretty sure

I'm guessing you didn't grow up around any Dolphins fans? When they had Ricky Williams? Or every argument coming back to 4 SB losses in a row? How about the 10 kids with Marino jerseys, or the fact that Ace Ventura made a movie with him directly mocking Norwood? 

I'm guessing you didn't grow up around any Dolphins fans? When they had Ricky Williams? Or every argument coming back to 4 SB losses in a row? How about the 10 kids with Marino jerseys, or the fact that Ace Ventura made a movie with him directly mocking Norwood?

You have partially redeemed yourself for the lack of Philly hate. Congratulations.

I knew a couple. None of that other stuff bothers me in the slightest coming from a franchise that would send Cleo Lemon into our house in December to get rolled over. 

Eh I'm with Flagg. I really don't hate the Flyers that much

Toronto

Boston

Toronto

Toronto

Toronto

Edmonton

Ottawa

Montreal

while I agree with the top 5, philly is definitely higher then those bottom 3 with their trash team and fans...

I dont have hatred for Edmonton, and my dislike of Ottawa and Monteal also isnt as strong.

As for football, theres only one opponent in the AFC east that I cant say I hate is the Jets. I dislike them, but just cant get up hatred for them, they just seem sad to me. Dolphins and Pat's are just every kind of horrible

Seeing the list for Tavares my first thought was "I hope he goes to San Jose, be fun to watch him set up Kane" but then I remembered we have San Jose's 2019 pick so I want them to not be scoring goals.

I'd like to see him go to either Tampa or Dallas. Dallas because it'd be nice not have him in our division and Tampa because that'd make them an offensive juggernaut and would be entertaining to watch. Tampa would also have to free up some cap space which might mean we can get someone from them?

My money is on him not going anywhere.

Sounds like Anthony Duclair will not be qualified by Chicago. Will become UFA. He's about to be 23 and is a LW.

On the surface he’s worth a look. Underneath, I suspect there may be problems this team isn’t strong enough to absorb.

Sounds like Anthony Duclair will not be qualified by Chicago. Will become UFA. He's about to be 23 and is a LW. 

He'd be an intriguing pickup.  I watched him with the Coyotes and he seemed like an up-and-comer, but he seems to have slipped a bit.  In the right role he might find his game again.

On the surface he’s worth a look. Underneath, I suspect there may be problems this team isn’t strong enough to absorb.

What makes you say that?  Just that the Hawks don't want him?  Maybe he just doesn't fit their system.  I thought he showed flashes of brilliance with the Yotes.

He has 37 goals in 213 games and 20 of them were in his rookie year.

He’s also been dumped by three organizations before he turned 23.

The Hawks weren’t ready to pay him $1.2 million despite their horrible depth up front.

I’m interested in giving him a shot on the cheap, but there are warning signs.

Botterill needs to do his homework.

Edited by dudacek

I wouldn't say it looks good for Duclair.

He is young and show flashes of Talent, but at 23 he has already played for multiple teams that don't seem to believe he is worth keeping around.

I really don't think this franchise has the locker room needed for guys to be brought in who need to turn things around.

I would love to see the Sabres make a deal with the Islanders and bring in Ho-Sang, but I think they would just get more of the same issues the islanders have had with him because they don't have a lockerroom that will set him straight if needed

I think one of the hallmark differences between the Murray and Botterill administrations will be consideration over what kind of people the Sabres acquire. Murray was a horse trader.

Mhm. I suspect there are a lot of players people here are going to want that Botts is going to pass on.

I heard a quote on the radio this morning from the Hurricanes owner talking about Svechnikov, "he's so good that we would have drafted him even if he was a bad person".  Quotes like this are a good reason why people who wish Pegula would talk more might want to re-think that stance.  It's mostly harmless, but my god is it stupid.

I heard a quote on the radio this morning from the Hurricanes owner talking about Svechnikov, "he's so good that we would have drafted him even if he was a bad person".  Quotes like this are a good reason why people who wish Pegula would talk more might want to re-think that stance.  It's mostly harmless, but my god is it stupid.

Sure, until a Sabre turns into the next Slava Voynov.

So your preference for LW is 2 centres and a RW.

I like those players, but I also think they'll cost a tidy penny to get

In fairness, we have drafted awfully in the last few years. That's why its always for the futures. There is nothing in the pipe line despite being bottom of the league for half a decade.

What planet have you been away visiting???