Stanley Cup Finals: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

This could easily be another “ya but, Vegas will never get past THAT” situation. I wouldn’t be surprised if they rebounded more than adequately in game 4, they’ve been doubted all year.

Plus, I don't know that we can trust the Caps not to self-immolate in the end quite yet.  This is far from over.  

I am so checked out.  Just let one of these ###### teams win and let's move on to the draft.

I'm liking the pace of the hockey but really don't care which team wins. Which is strange. Typically I'll start watching a game between 2 teams that there is no huge connection to or against & start automatically pulling for one or the other. (Sometimes surprising myself - thought I'd want X to win, turns out it's Y.) But not in this series. No emotional attachment to this series AT ALL.

I'm liking the pace of the hockey but really don't care which team wins. Which is strange. Typically I'll start watching a game between 2 teams that there is no huge connection to or against & start automatically pulling for one or the other. (Sometimes surprising myself - thought I'd want X to win, turns out it's Y.) But not in this series. No emotional attachment to this series AT ALL.

Same.  If they both spontaneously combusted, I'd be fine.

I am so checked out.  Just let one of these ###### teams win and let's move on to the draft.

I get the same way when we get to this stage. If we're this fatigued, imagine how the players feel. I usually watch the Cup handoff and a few skates and I can't do it anymore.

Even during the final in '99, I was worn out. Maybe it's why I can't get that agitated about Hull's goal.

Does anyone know why Kuznetsov does the Eagles celebration?

For his daughter. She likes it and something about he did it at home as a joke playing video games and she asked him to do it in a game or something.

I want Washington to win it so Ovi gets a cup. And also because Las Vegas haven't suffered enough to win the cup. I hope they're a train wreck next season

For his daughter. She likes it and something about he did it at home as a joke playing video games and she asked him to do it in a game or something.

I want Washington to win it so Ovi gets a cup. And also because Las Vegas haven't suffered enough to win the cup. I hope they're a train wreck next season

Ah gotcha. Thanks!

My favourite Cup snafu is how Basil Pocklington's name is X'd out (on the original - not the replica).

There's a story about how the band of silver that had the elder Pocklington's name on it had to be re-made at one point, but it was re-made omitting his name entirely. The league (or the Cup's owners?) insisted that it be re-made *again* so that Pocklington's name was there and X'd out yet again.

My favourite Cup snafu is how Basil Pocklington's name is X'd out (on the original - not the replica).

There's a story about how the band of silver that had the elder Pocklington's name on it had to be re-made at one point, but it was re-made omitting his name entirely. The league (or the Cup's owners?) insisted that it be re-made *again* so that Pocklington's name was there and X'd out yet again.

It's up to the Cup winners to submit the listing of names that meet the criteria for inclusion to the engravers. Pete's dad had nothing to do w/ the Eulers at that time, so he had no reason to have his name on the trophy (even less than Eddie Olczyk had ;)) other than Petey wanting to let his dad have a childhood dream come true. The league said f### that & had the name X'd out.

It's up to the Cup winners to submit the listing of names that meet the criteria for inclusion to the engravers. Pete's dad had nothing to do w/ the Eulers at that time, so he had no reason to have his name on the trophy (even less than Eddie Olczyk had ;)) other than Petey wanting to let his dad have a childhood dream come true. The league said f### that & had the name X'd out.

It's a fun story, on several levels. And then it gets even more fun and weird when you hear that the error got permanently fixed at one point (removed his name entirely), only to have the league be like, "nah, man -- put that old codger's name BACK on that band of silver and X THAT SH1T OUT ALL OVER AGAIN."

It's a fun story, on several levels. And then it gets even more fun and weird when you hear that the error got permanently fixed at one point (removed his name entirely), only to have the league be like, "nah, man -- put that old codger's name BACK on that band of silver and X THAT SH1T OUT ALL OVER AGAIN."

:lol:

Yeah, no vindictiveness there at all.

This has probably been covered, but criteria for inclusion are:

Players:  41 Regular Season Games Played and/or 1 Cup Finals Game Played.

Besides eligible players, the names of the coaches, management, and staff of the winning team are also engraved on the Cup.

This has probably been covered, but criteria for inclusion are:

Players:  41 Regular Season Games Played and/or 1 Cup Finals Game Played.

Besides eligible players, the names of the coaches, management, and staff of the winning team are also engraved on the Cup.

Yes. And "daddy of owner" strangely doesn't appear to be on that list. Thus the mofo getting his name X'd out.

Teams can also petition to get players that don't quite meet the criteria added to the list. Aka, the Eddie Olczyk Exception. (But he's a really cool guy & it isn't his fault he was stuck in Winipeg when he actually had talent, please, oh pleeeeeeeesssse can't we put his name on w/out him getting Pocklington'd? Well, since you grovelled nicely, sure, why not.)

BQSTQN and ILANDERS  :lol:

Fun fact, island was originally iland, but an 's' was added to it in the 16th century to make it similar to isle.  Etymologically, however, island comes from Old English ig + land, whereas isle comes from Latin insula.

Okay, maybe that's only fun to weirdos like me.