Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Spector's Hockey‏ @SpectorsHockey
FollowFollow @SpectorsHockey
More

#Penguins reportedly looking to trade Phil Kessel https://shar.es/anrvGh  via @TribLIVE

$6.8M cap hit that runs through 2021-2022, when he'll be 33

What am I missing here? Seems like a good contract, and he's been great there

It makes no sense, but I mean, I would take him...

The volcano demands a sacrifice...

Just spitballing here..

San Jose First for Kessel?

92 points on a 6.8 mil cap hit that only lasts until he's 33? for a 20something pick? 

Why would they do this?

The Sabres have had one player hit 90 points since LaFontaine in 95-96.

I would say it takes ROR+ but the only reason I could see them moving Phil is because of the cap, so why would they ADD almost a million dollars for a player who scores less when their center depth is already Crosby-Malkin-Brassard?

92 points on a 6.8 mil cap hit that only lasts until he's 33? for a 20something pick? 

Why would they do this?

The Sabres have had one player hit 90 points since LaFontaine in 95-96.

I would say it takes ROR+ but the only reason I could see them moving Phil is because of the cap, so why would they ADD almost a million dollars for a player who scores less when their center depth is already Crosby-Malkin-Brassard?

Their cap is fine too. Makes you wonder who they're going after in FA...it's Carlson

Looking around for cap-strapped teams to trade with.

Jets have looming cap troubles.

Stastny, Morrisey, Trouba, Enstrom, Lowry, Armia and Hellebuyck this summer.

Wheeler, Myers, Connor, Copp and Laine next summer.

Steve Mason isn’t an upgrade on Lehner, but Im not sure if anyone on the market is.

Could we pry an asset from the Jets if we agreed to take on his contract (1 year, $4.1)

Looking around for cap-strapped teams to trade with.

Jets have looming cap troubles.

Stastny, Morrisey, Trouba, Enstrom, Lowry, Armia and Hellebuyck this summer.

Wheeler, Myers, Connor, Copp and Laine next summer.

Steve Mason isn’t an upgrade on Lehner, but Im not sure if anyone on the market is.

Could we pry an asset from the Jets if we agreed to take on his contract (1 year, $4.1)

Mason was terrible last season, I’d rather have Lehner.

Mason was terrible last season, I’d rather have Lehner.

Me too.

I’m looking at it as Ullmark replaces Lehner, Mason replaces Johnson.

And we upgrade our skaters for taking Mason off their hands.

For example, thinking small, Mason and Lowry for Johan Larsson.

Edited by dudacek

Me too.

I’m looking at it as Ullmark replaces Lehner, Mason replaces Johnson.

And we upgrade our skaters for taking Mason off their hands.

True. I mean, relative to last season it may not be a downgrade. Maybe even a slight upgrade depending on Ullmark. But personally I’ll have no confidence in the position unless the guy we brings in has at least a 50/50 shot of supplanting Ullmark as the starter temporarily.

Can’t see that being Steve.

True. I mean, relative to last season it may not be a downgrade. Maybe even a slight upgrade depending on Ullmark. But personally I’ll have no confidence in the position unless the guy we brings in has at least a 50/50 shot of supplanting Ullmark as the starter temporarily.

I'm fully prepared to either hate our goaltending situation going into the season, or hate the price we paid to make me comfortable. I see no middle ground here :lol:

Goaltending is a mess that won’t go away.

With the possible exception of Grubauer, the market seems to be all guys who aren’t upgrades to Lehner.

Do we really want to sacrifice pick 32 for Grubauer?

I'm fully prepared to either hate our goaltending situation going into the season, or hate the price we paid to make me comfortable. I see no middle ground here :lol:

This.

Because his reputation is probably higher than his play would dictate it should be, and that team needs forward talent in a bad way.

And Carolina seems determined to shake things up as much on the ice as they have off the ice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.