Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Tampa will have to shed salary in the way of losing an RFA they can't resign or trading a player.

They have RFA's Kucherov and Point after next year and UFA Gourde all to sign. If they do extend JT Miller they will be very hard pressed to sign all three of these guys next year.

I've learned not to doubt Steve Yzerman. He's been a freaking wizard with the cap.

Tampa will have to shed salary in the way of losing an RFA they can't resign or trading a player.

They have RFA's Kucherov and Point after next year and UFA Gourde all to sign.  If they do extend JT Miller they will be very hard pressed to sign all three of these guys next year.

That may be true but if they are shopping him they will still find better offers.

Girgensons, Larsson, and Bogo have little to no trade value at all, I doubt they can be used in any trade scenario.  Finding fringe bottom 6 players isn't too difficult, those teams are better off just grooming their own draft picks for bottom 6 roles as opposed to giving up better assets to trade for them.

Draisaitl is an interesting case, is he really that good, or is he benefiting from having McDavid around? Could be he as successful here as in Edmonton?  i was hoping for him that year instead of Reinhart

The Girgensons and Larsson trades are more about the other teams getting a roster player and pick for an asset they can't keep.  

Bogo I think if healthy could fit in nicely with Edmonton and is also more of a salary dump for Buffalo to include in ROR trade.

Draisaitl I think would great as a second line center behind Eichel. 

I included Baptiste in that trade because of his connection to playing on a line with McDavid in Erie.  

I would really like to see Baptiste get a chance to play with Eichel.  I think he has the speed and hands to be a solid 20 goal scorer if given the opportunity.

Draisaitl might be the most over paid player in the league (ok there are better examples).  But $8.5 mil per for the next 100 years for a nice player who's stats were inflated playing with McDavid?  No thanks.

Jack Eichel will be in that conversation if he puts up another 63-point season next year.

Same.  Why some people insist that certain cities are universally desirable while others are universally undesirable is beyond me.

Well, there is nothing in/around/near Buffalo like NYC

There are neighborhoods on Long Island with a very similar feel to parts of Western NY. WNY has the nicest people, but there are plenty of nice people on the Island. There's really not much draw to WNY unless you know it intimately and decide it's for you.

I’d hate living in New York City.

I’d be out of there the first chance I got.

Its so different that it is polarizing.

I have a girl I went to High school with that moved there...she is living with 4 other roomates (YEARS later) to afford the rent....no savings..but she said she will never leave.  She loves it and she can't imagine not living the "NYC lifestyle".

My wife, on the other hand, was born and grew up there, lived there for 20+ years.  She said she'd never go back. Her thoughts are, when you live there you are told so much that you live in "the best city in the world" that you believe it.  She said a lot of people she still knows there have never moved away from NY city, and not even traveled that much....but she thinks once people DO realize there is a world out there offering a lot of what NY city doesn't...they would move too.

Jack Eichel will be in that conversation if he puts up another 63-point season next year.

Yup.

Presuming a healthy season, we need him to flip the ice while scoring 85-95 points to be "worth it" the first year of his contract. 

And yup.

There are neighborhoods on Long Island with a very similar feel to parts of Western NY. WNY has the nicest people, but there are plenty of nice people on the Island. There's really not much draw to WNY unless you know it intimately and decide it's for you.

I agree completely. But, for a hockey player who just got married and is about the start a family... and his whole family lives a little over an hour away, it might have some appeal. Or not. Who knows. Tavares is mostly likely just driving up the price for the Isles. But, we as fans at least have to dream big!

I live innorthern Westchester, love going into the city, but need my quiet at night. Im a country boy at heart and if I could get my wife to move back to western Ma, id probably do it. College towns nearby but country all over. Hiking, fishing and boating access. Close to ski areas and very quiet at night. Sigh...

I agree completely. But, for a hockey player who just got married and is about the start a family... and his whole family lives a little over an hour away, it might have some appeal. Or not. Who knows. Tavares is mostly likely just driving up the price for the Isles. But, we as fans at least have to dream big!

An hour gives you just enough stiff arm distance!

Per McKenzie on TSN Radio the Canes are listening on any Defenseman. He feels it’s less likely they move Pesce or Slavin as they just signed Team Friendly Deals. Hanifin and Faulk are a different story.

Slavin - Interested

Pesce - Interested

Haniifin - Interested

Faulk - Not really

Yeah, that's one of Buffalo's main assets.

I’d hate living in New York City.

I’d be out of there the first chance I got.

Move here. I’ve been here for 30 years and love it. Great people, weather, affordable housing, lower taxes, great restaurants. and tons of jobs. Other then traffic, I love the ATL. However even the traffic is avoidable. I moved my office a year ago and my commute is now 12 minutes.

NYC is fun to visit. We go once a year for a long weekend of shows, museums, and shopping. We usually stay in SoHo. However we are always happy to come home.

The best thing about Buffalo is the water front in the summer, the great people and the Sabres.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Not that it probably means much but...someone I know pretty high up with Pegula Sports said there is no chance in hell Buffalo is considering Tavares

That would be really ignorant... I mean, how do you not at least consider Tavares if he's available?  There are zero question marks about the guy... not a single one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.