Who is your favorite Sabre of all time and why?

CGorman

Hasek. He was the most fun to watch for me.

I don't go back to remembering games from the early 1970's, but I do have some memories of the late 1970s, and pretty vivid memories of the early 1980's teams and on from there. I remember Perreault, Andreychuk, Foligno, Danny Gare, Don Luce, Ramsey, even a little McKegney and Schonfeld and Korab.

Watching Lafontaine and Mogilny were fun.

Of course I remember the more recent teams too...the days of Briere and Drury.

But yet nothing was better for me than watching Hasek.  Really he was the only single player I looked forward to seeing above the team.

1. Mike Ramsey

2. Alex Mogilny

3. Brad May

1 Mike Ramsey for sure. What a great person and hockey player

2 Pat LaFontaine

3 Bob Sauve

Hasek. He was the most fun to watch for me.

I don't go back to remembering games from the early 1970's, but I do have some memories of the late 1970s, and pretty vivid memories of the early 1980's teams and on from there. I remember Perreault, Andreychuk, Foligno, Danny Gare, Don Luce, Ramsey, even a little McKegney and Schonfeld and Korab.

Watching Lafontaine and Mogilny were fun.

Of course I remember the more recent teams too...the days of Briere and Drury.

But yet nothing was better for me than watching Hasek.  Really he was the only single player I looked forward to seeing above the team.

I liked Hasek, but I have to say that was the most boring era of hockey to watch. 1-0 games are ok but not every freaking night. He was the best Sabre, and probably best athlete in Buffalo history

Rick Martin.  Big slap shot and scored 50+ goals back in the day!

As to the most hated, there were a lot of guys drafted in the Scotty Bowman era that had really high expectations but never panned out.  I don't dislike them as people, but was just frustrated that they never really amounted to much.

1 Mike Ramsey for sure. What a great person and hockey player

2 Pat LaFontaine

3 Bob Sauve

Mike Ramsey is probably the reason I fell in love with hockey. What a battler. Came into the league an offensive defenseman, learned to be a shutdown guy that skated well and passed well. Epic battles for zone dominance with Cam Neely and Tim Kerr. Played on the power play (although never as the primary guy back there), penalty kill, last minute. And went about it quietly.

Mike Ramsey is probably the reason I fell in love with hockey. What a battler. Came into the league an offensive defenseman, learned to be a shutdown guy that skated well and passed well. Epic battles for zone dominance with Cam Neely and Tim Kerr. Played on the power play (although never as the primary guy back there), penalty kill, last minute. And went about it quietly.

Big shot blocker, too. Took one in the face once and knocked some teeth out and I think he came right back. That's when, if I remember, Dudley was coach, and he callled out the rest of the team for not living up to that level of commitment

The JLGP was a favorite in the gaming world. All the hyphens.

Hasek, Peca, Varada, Holzinger, Grier.

Holzinger?? You have given into the dark side! Lol. Was Michael Grochek number four on your list?

Big shot blocker, too. Took one in the face once and knocked some teeth out and I think he came right back. That's when, if I remember, Dudley was coach, and he callled out the rest of the team for not living up to that level of commitment

Holzinger?? You have given into the dark side! Lol. Was Michael Grochek number four on your list?

Zinger was a similar-name thing and he was a fast, unsung, tweener second/third line guy who killed penalties (like me). I'm still a little disappointed that instead of that clean draw leading to a Patrick goal and forcing a game seven, he is instead remembered for losing track of the best goal scorers in the history of the game. It's a game of millimeters.

Perreault, Martin, Lafontaine and Hawerchuk.

Current favourite is Reinhart but Dahlin may supplant him.

Didn't like Andrew Peters, never seemed to win a fight.

Agree with all of this, less with Peters. Fan of Risto too. Kane bogo tim Murray and McCormick are my most disliked in that order

As to the most hated, there were a lot of guys drafted in the Scotty Bowman era that had really high expectations but never panned out. I don't dislike them as people, but was just frustrated that they never really amounted to much.

Not for nothing: Scotty drafted two HOFers in that era. But, yes, those teams just under-achieved for some reason.

Not for nothing: Scotty drafted two HOFers in that era. But, yes, those teams just under-achieved for some reason.

And how close is Barrasso from being in?

You think back and wonder if Scotty was given enough time. He actually got only a bit more time than GMTM was given, once he started cashing in his chips in the 82 draft.

Goathead years are where all my favorites are too. I'm surprised no love for Barnaby or Warrener thus far.  But if I had to pick one it's Mike Robitaille. Never saw him play, but he was instrumental to the broadcast team and brand when my love for the team began in the mid-90s. Hockey Hotline with Brian Blessing, intermission analysis, post-game summary/drama, etc.  Great story teller, decent person, seems to love and respect the sport and Buffalo/WNY.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.