Who is your favorite Sabre of all time and why?

CGorman

Danny Briere.

There was a funny dichotomy to his persona. On the ice he was this explosive spark plug capable of creating offense from anywhere. Off the ice he was this soft spoken easy going guy. I do often wonder what that team would have been if we even just kept him. Oh well, better days are ahead. 

My boring pick is #11, but I always loved Don Luce.  2nd or 3rd line center who could generate offense, but was defensively very responsible and great on the PK.  Big honorable mention to Lindy Ruff.

Has to be Bert.

Must be true for most Sabre fans my age.

Players I thoroughly enjoyed watching as an adult would have to include Hawerchuk and Peca and Miller.

I did love Peca before the contract dispute.

Interesting thread.

I think I have to pick Marty Biron. High character guy who was a part of that 05-06 run that was so much fun. He didn't leave the team angry or controversially. He's a huge Buffalo booster and very involved in the community.

So many guys have blemishes for me that are hard to overlook. Marty stands out in my mind.

Has to be Bert.

Must be true for most Sabre fans my age.

Players I thoroughly enjoyed watching as an adult would have to include Hawerchuk and Peca and Miller.

Interesting.  We are probably about the same age, yet I went for players of a different era.  Ramsey was a fixture during late teens and into my 20's, Alex and May were from my 20's as well.

Mine was also Briere back as a kid. Didn’t really have a true favorite until Jack came along. Now it is far and away Eichel. Love that he’s a US-born star and played college hockey. His electric shot doesn’t hurt either. I also genuinely think he’s a good dude (some of his charitable work and public appearances appear authentic and touching). And Josie creates cool pictures of him :D

Although I will second that Afinogenov was always a favorite to watch.

Oh, and I’m named after #89. In case you were wondering how my father would answer...

Edited by EichSnipe

I would say hasek but the way he left really changed things for me.

So I think Soupy might be my favorite. He became everything I love in a defenseman. Skating, passing, stickhandling, and the ability to lay a game altering hit. I still look at prospects in a way that reflects the qualities he played with

Jay McKee

Did not see that coming. Why?

For me I'm not really sure who it'd be. Matt Ellis is pretty high up there. So is Lehner.

Edit: How is your's not Stafford, d4rk? :lol:

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.